NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
No time for that.
Did read that there's now an underground smuggling world of GPUs at the source. I'm sure this will have a huge positive impact on availablity and price.
"It just fell off the truck"

Fucker

Log Wizard
how do four payments of 13.45 add up to 353.80 ?

Looks like someone shopped a 3 in front of the 53.80.
Ex1X0LW.jpg

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No time for that.
Did read that there's now an underground smuggling world of GPUs at the source. I'm sure this will have a huge positive impact on availablity and price.
"It just fell off the truck"
If I could buy a 3070 for MSRP out of some mafia guys trunk, I fucking would.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
If I could buy a 3070 for MSRP out of some mafia guys trunk, I fucking would.
Good luck with that. I think they meant large quantities being diverted off the books and shit and sold at black market prices. Talked like it's a big network now, go where the money is I guess.

Stave

Potato del Grande
So glad I went with a 3070 even though I wanted to wait for a 3080. I used to hate it but now I am content with it. I'm going to be stuck with it for a while it seems.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Can someone please link that online Excel sheet that shows how many RAM slots you should use depending on your MoBo?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
It’s definitely the gfx card, the cpu is one of those garbage nuc elements, fans tiny. I like the idea of acoustic foam but worried about heat, is it designed to not impede airflow?
So this experiment worked well. Bought a 10 pack of acoustic foam from Amazon, surrounded the pc with it on three sides without messing with airflow. It’s still not dead silent but it’s much more muted than it was.

DAA47466-EC54-4636-A45D-1BDDFB712320.jpeg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
So this experiment worked well. Bought a 10 pack of acoustic foam from Amazon, surrounded the pc with it on three sides without messing with airflow. It’s still not dead silent but it’s much more muted than it was.

View attachment 348603
What did that do to your thermals? I feel like having all that stagnant air sitting there, surrounding the case, is going to heat that fucker up bigly.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
What did that do to your thermals? I feel like having all that stagnant air sitting there, surrounding the case, is going to heat that fucker up bigly.
Didn’t change them at all. There’s no airflow change, those are all on what were flat walls which were bouncing the sound around. I didn’t make an enclosure or anything, just dampening what it was already in. Playing a game right now CPU at 37-43, CPU Die at 34C avg.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Didn’t change them at all. There’s no airflow change, those are all on what were flat walls which were bouncing the sound around. I didn’t make an enclosure or anything, just dampening what it was already in. Playing a game right now CPU at 37-43, CPU Die at 34C avg.
What’s GPU??

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
My 3070 runs about 50c-55c when gaming. But I have a custom curve set up in MSI afterburner controlling those GPU fans. Without it it would get into the 60s for sure. I dont think they would even spin up until hitting 45-50c before I started using afterburner. Gotta take care of the baby since they are sort of a rare commodity, lol.

• 1Solidarity

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
My 3070 runs about 50c-55c when gaming. But I have a custom curve set up in MSI afterburner controlling those GPU fans. Without it it would get into the 60s for sure. I dont think they would even spin up until hitting 45-50c before I started using afterburner. Gotta take care of the baby since they are sort of a rare commodity, lol.
So your fans are kicking in at lower temps? I have afterburner maybe I should do this too. Mine runs sometimes up to 68-72 C but it gets hot as hell upstairs.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
So your fans are kicking in at lower temps? I have afterburner maybe I should do this too. Mine runs sometimes up to 68-72 C but it gets hot as hell upstairs.
One thing I learned a long time ago is my temps will always be higher than most people, simply because Florida is hot as fuck and I'm starting from a higher base temp. It's relevant

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider

View attachment 348603
I need to try this, pretty cheap? It would be hidden anyways so appearance not an issue.
Top is exposed as the systems not in a shelf like that so not sure if that limits its effectiveness

Janx

<Silver Donator>
If you want lower temps I went the route of looking at undervolting and did both the vid card (lower voltage curve in MSI AB + higher cock freq) and the CPU via PBO2 undervolting (along with setting a temp limit). Lowered the temps in both cases a good bit.
Vid Card guide
CPU Guide (youtube)

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I need to try this, pretty cheap? It would be hidden anyways so appearance not an issue.
Top is exposed as the systems not in a shelf like that so not sure if that limits its effectiveness
Yeah, $24 for a 12 pack. I’m thinking about putting some behind my loud ass washing machine too lol

12 Pack Set Acoustic Foam Panels, Studio Wedge Tiles, 2" X 12" X 12" Acoustic Foam Sound Absorption Pyramid Studio Treatment Wall Panels

• 1Like