NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
looks like the new AMD chipsets coming out next week are pretty impressive and not super crazy on power either

i'm thinking a ryzen 7900x + an Nvidia 4070 sometime next year might be the sweet spot for me, could also just build out a ryzen 79xx PC this year and wank around with GPUs a bit, see what the AMDs do in nov and how Nvidia responds
3D versions coming out early next year.

spronk

FPS noob
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Isn't this the res most people play at?

Yeah, but that's not the future. I've been at 1440 since 2016 and looking to go to 4k in a few years. I need to know how these cards work in those resolutions so I can make an informed decision, they aren't really stressing modern cards at all.

• 1Solidarity

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, but that's not the future. I've been at 1440 since 2016 and looking to go to 4k in a few years. I need to know how these cards work in those resolutions so I can make an informed decision, they aren't really stressing modern cards at all.

I play all my games at 2160 on my Zotac 1070 Founders edition without a hitch lol

• 1Like

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
Christ. Most people are playing on potatoes.

I figured most knew this already. The people needing things like 4090s or even 3090s are not very high, compared to everyone else. The prices on 30x0(before mining crashed and they dropped back down) and now 40x0 doesn't help. I bet the majority are on 10x0 or 20x0 cards. Mid range is where most people live.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Im on my work PC right now which has a 4790 cpu and 970 video card. The computer can run just about everything my home computer can - it just cant turn on all the bells and whistles, and has a 1080p resolution that aims for 60 fps. The interesting part about looking at the Steam list, to me, is that my work computer is nicer than a big chunk of the PC's in that list.

I can kind of understand why with how the newest generation of consoles being able to give the performance they can. If there was a reason that I had to stay, in total, in a price point less than or around 500 - I'd probably just have a console.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I figured most knew this already. The people needing things like 4090s or even 3090s are not very high, compared to everyone else.
My friend with a 3090 got it only for two reasons:
- He had a "substantial" gift credit to spend before 12/31/2021
- He has a son who does 3D renders (went from "the night" to "what do you mean, I can't even pour myself a drink in the kitchen")

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
ASUS 3080 up for $800 straight from amazon for hours

If you are willing to spend that much you are better off looking for a 40xx anyways. 30xx prices still too high

• 1Solidarity