Nymphomaniac

Szlia

I really understood the genius of Dogme 95 when, working on the professional shoot of one of my buddies' short film, we spent half a day adjusting the lighting, putting stuff on windows to make them darker, building a ramp for an actress in order to cheat with the perspective and finding the right timing for the adjustment of the focus. All that for a shot that did not make the final cut. Dogme 95 is mostly about eliminating the bullshit that gets in the way of making film, it's a liberation that is simultaneous with the availability of compact and affordable digital cameras (just like 16mm for the New Wave).

Knowing nothing about Dogme 95 other than what I find in the wikipedia article linked, doesn't the trailer conflict with rule 10 (The director must not be credited) when his name flashes a dozen times through the trailer? Also, doesn't rule 2 mostly go out the window for Antichrist?
That said, I didn't come here to discuss the director or his method of film-making. I'll probably end up watching this for the fucking.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Did anybody watch this movie? I caught the first part and found it pretty enjoyable if somewhat hard to watch. Uma Thurman was really good in a small part (one scene). The part with her Dad in the hospital was fucking gut wrenching.

Going to watch the second half tonight.

Szlia

Supposedly Trier split it in two parts a bit reluctantly for the theater release. On BluRay it should be a another cut that merges the two parts into the one film he had in mind originally. I am waiting for that version.