Ocean's 11 remake

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I'll be the first shitlord to say: an all female cast for Ocean's 11 will not be an Ocean's 11 remake.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
How about an American Pie remake with women, find a crazy female Mel Gibson for What Men Want, Christina Powers spinoff, There's Something About Marty, Women in Black, Makeup/Off, Jessie Maguire, Die Hard 6: Lucy's Revenge, The Lion Queen, The Mighty Ducks 4 (female lacrosse edition), Demolition Woman, Last Action Heroine, Mr. Doubtfire, A Few Good Women, Brother Act, White Women Can't Jump, The Last Girl Scout, Catwoman 2, Being Miss Daisy, Robofemcop, The Legend of Jane, The Terminatrix, Octopenis, Friday the 13th 2: Pamela Returns.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
How about an American Pie remake with women, find a crazy female Mel Gibson for What Men Want, Christina Powers spinoff, There's Something About Marty, Women in Black, Makeup/Off, Jessie Maguire, Die Hard 6: Lucy's Revenge, The Lion Queen, The Mighty Ducks 4 (female lacrosse edition), Demolition Woman, Last Action Heroine, Mr. Doubtfire, A Few Good Women, Brother Act, White Women Can't Jump, The Last Girl Scout, Catwoman 2, Being Miss Daisy, Robofemcop, The Legend of Jane, The Terminatrix, Octopenis, Friday the 13th 2: Pamela Returns.
Give it time. A vast new continent of laziness has been revealed to Hollywood producers. They will explore it fully.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Instead of sequels and prequels, the solution to running out of ideas now is reboots and remakes...with the new wrinkle of ALL FEMALE CAST!

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
What the fuck this movie isn't even old. Up next a remake of Avengers 2!

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
Hey guys, I'm going to remake/rewrite the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Think I'll be a bestseller and legendary author?!

I don't get this indulgence towards a lack of creativity in Hollywood.

Szlia

It's not about being lazy or lacking creativity, it's about creating a product with known brands that allows the marketing department to make a more precise revenue forecast aka minimizing risk. I'll let you decide if it's better or worse...

On the up side, bad and/or generic ideas can make for great movies, and brilliant pitches can turn to shit when written and filmed poorly. One of the funniest comedies of the last few years is, after all, 21 Jump Street!

elidib

Vyemm Raider
At least thankfully when Ghostbusters bombs this'll get shitcanned before it sees the light of day.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
You would have a point Szlia if it was a new product within the existing franchise. This sounds like a rehash.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
At least thankfully when Ghostbusters bombs this'll get shitcanned before it sees the light of day.
pretty much this.

as soon as Hollywood realizes there is no market for these needless remakes using all female casts, the plug will get pulled on all these crap fests.