Old (2021)

spronk

FPS noob
1.00 star(s) Rating: 1.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Old (2021)

Tagline: It's only a matter of time.

Genre: Thriller, Mystery

Director: M. Night Shyamalan

Cast: Gael García Bernal, Vicky Krieps, Thomasin McKenzie, Eliza Scanlen, Alex Wolff, Aaron Pierre, Abbey Lee, Nikki Amuka-Bird, Ken Leung, Rufus Sewell, Embeth Davidtz, Emun Elliott, Nolan River

Release: 2021-07-21

Plot: A family on a tropical holiday discover that the secluded beach where they are staying is somehow causing them to age rapidly, reducing their entire lives into a single day.

spronk

FPS noob

out in theaters only July 23d

the latest movie written and directed by M Night Shyamalan (Sixth Sense, Last Airbender)

you can tell 30 seconds into the trailer its a Shamalamadingdong movie

looks cool enough, i think its based on a comic book

the trailer tho makes it seems like only kids age

• 1Like
  • 1Direct to DVD
Reactions: 1 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I'm fairly happy with the representation and diversity in the trailer, but I didn't see any amputees or muslim women. Hollywood misses the mark again.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
A retarded black lesbian Muslim amputee is the zenith of Hollywood archetypes in 2021.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
I saw it...damn it!!!

I got suckered in again by M. Night.

It wasn't horrible.....but not great.

The actors were solid, the plot was interesting at first.

Lousy ending.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah I just got back from seeing it with no expectations.

I enjoyed it for what it was 7/10

kinda like a murder mystery in the sense you want to figure out why this is all happening

you never find out why the people age, only why they just so happen to be there. However I thought this was entertaining in and of itself. What would you do if you found this place on earth where people rapidly age? Test pharmaceuticals on them and get a lifetime of testing done in a day

• 1Like

Szlia

I am probably the greatest Shyamalan apologist on these boards. Did not like this movie. Here and there Shyamalan reminds us he is a great director (some shot compositions, the matches in the cave scene, the back and forth lateral travelling in the fire scene, etc) but it's too few and far between in a film that is bogged down by robotic storytelling and bad dialogues. Watching this felt like they put a bunch of ideas and lines on post-it notes, made a rough synopsis by organizing those (which is a legitimate and real way to do this kind of work) and then the movie is just Shyamalan throwing the post-it notes at us one after the other. There is zero natural flow to it, so it's impossible to believe in the characters and the situations, in turn making it impossible to care.

What you are left with as a spectator is a mystery. There is some puzzle-like enjoyment in trying to understand its nature and in seeing how the characters try to tackle the problem. Sadly, these are also not very satisfying. The idea is somewhat original and amusing (even if it does not make much sense), but we get to the truth in a big exposition scene in the final act rather than by having the characters and/or the spectators piece things together in a clever way.

As a counter-point, two of my friends enjoyed it and as I was walking out of the theater two random people who just saw the movie fount it great. So... maybe you will be one of those guys.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I am probably the greatest Shyamalan apologist on these boards. Did not like this movie. Here and there Shyamalan reminds us he is a great director (some shot compositions, the matches in the cave scene, the back and forth lateral travelling in the fire scene, etc) but it's too few and far between in a film that is bogged down by robotic storytelling and bad dialogues. Watching this felt like they put a bunch of ideas and lines on post-it notes, made a rough synopsis by organizing those (which is a legitimate and real way to do this kind of work) and then the movie is just Shyamalan throwing the post-it notes at us one after the other. There is zero natural flow to it, so it's impossible to believe in the characters and the situations, in turn making it impossible to care.

What you are left with as a spectator is a mystery. There is some puzzle-like enjoyment in trying to understand its nature and in seeing how the characters try to tackle the problem. Sadly, these are also not very satisfying. The idea is somewhat original and amusing (even if it does not make much sense), but we get to the truth in a big exposition scene in the final act rather than by having the characters and/or the spectators piece things together in a clever way.

As a counter-point, two of my friends enjoyed it and as I was walking out of the theater two random people who just saw the movie fount it great. So... maybe you will be one of those guys.
are these the evil ppl?
0e2ca61a63cb903258465be3513bcdec.png

cuz it's a fantasy an old asian man is with a young black

• 1Worf

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Movie is absolute shit. That said, I thoroughly enjoyed it. But I knew it www garbage and would NEVER rewatch. It’s so stupid. But I enjoyed it. And it’s shit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database