Old game search

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
I just know I am going to regret asking this here. I can already see The Abyss replies just waiting. I was talking with my cousin's kid who is turning into a gamer and I was talking to him about some older games I had played. I am kinda hard stuck looking for one..just shoot me now but thought I'd go ahead and ask here:

90's game I'm pretty sure. PC game. Underwater base (Isometric view I believe) where aliens are invading the base and you have to fight back. Every time a new game starts all the items get randomized as to what their effect will be. Example: A fire extinguisher may make one shrink or maybe grow into a bigger type. You have to experiment to find out if the items are useful or not (aside from the laser rifle dispenser which always did damage). One of your security guys when going into Melee would occasionally yell "Bautista is king!" as he punched or kicked an enemy. I believe you could also go into the underwater access chamber to put on a deep sea suit to access locked off areas of the base if you needed. My Google-Fu is weak apparently.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just to be clear, this is a squad based top down tactical game or a FPS or some type? Maybe XCOM Terror from the Deep?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Must be really obscure for you to know all those random details and still not be able to get it on google. and no, that's definitely not Terror From the Deep.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
HTx0cu6RlxWSHCnX3oI1LQ6ybx9BGCK0wnx8_eN5Wa_Jq-iHqaqg3Aut1EvMNFleMNwCLz0eG3f3qdRCcwFTTBsn1gCc2jqMKelqEsVB90GGiuIDnpk-hMQqcRR0nZlOMAK4tZqYCVPFSSGBKmeeg7rjR952f2dPKFTEjdPVkxS5ObiezdObpC0yB5KcK4sYpqP7QH-m7LcbSnte6txVjlDDG7cYLAwEvOrYvEGKM7rBGsvqL88ay57K5v871kXBOxXF9wZkr2_VhdFl_uXJEAWo4_Aev3U512VvzmztdctZO4Q5AnXmWvGxIw

Aqua rings is my guess.

• 7Worf
  • 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 11 users

Szlia

So.... '90s PC game, squad based strategy fighting aliens in underwater bases but it's NOT X-Com : Terror from the Deep ? The special edition maybe....

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Ya few of those I remember playing. Starflight I spent a good bit of time playing. Thanks for the suggestions all.

Of course, right after I submit that message above, my brain decided to remind me of the name: Enemy Infestation 1998 (don't ask me why it has an Abyss vibe)

Last edited:

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
That list is awful, I mean it's got the original X-Com, Wing Commander and syndicate in it.

• 1Like

Szlia

The wrestler became a thing after the game, but seeing some screenshots, there is a character named Batista, so it might just be a coincidence and a red herring for the search ! A small fish compared to "underwater" but heh :p

Caliane

yeah, heres the game in question. since he didnt share a vid after remembering.
Enemy Infestation 1998

Batista is king! -1:50

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I'm going to kind of hijack the thread.

There was a game on PS1 (and I believe it had a sequel). I'm pretty sure it was Japanese. You're this girl in a house and people are coming to kill you. You build traps in the room to kill the people coming to attack you. Shit like spike traps, stuff falling from the ceiling, balls that roll, fireballs, etc.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
I'm going to kind of hijack the thread.

There was a game on PS1 (and I believe it had a sequel). I'm pretty sure it was Japanese. You're this girl in a house and people are coming to kill you. You build traps in the room to kill the people coming to attack you. Shit like spike traps, stuff falling from the ceiling, balls that roll, fireballs, etc.

Kagero Deception I & II

• 1Truth!