Olympics Thread

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
By most accounts the ceremony is pretty great, minus the small technical problem (in spoiler if you want to be surprised).

ku-xlarge.gif

Kinkle_sl

shitlord
Any suggestions for online streaming of events? Apparently NBC is requiring you to be a TV subscriber to watch their streams, which is... laughable. I'll go to the BBC if I have to, but I'd just as soon have U.S. event coverage focus.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Maybe all foreigners just look the same, but I swear that dude holding the Montenegro flag has walked out for at least five other countries.

Really I just had the outline for a semi racist jokes in my head and couldn't hold back.

edit: This has been pretty bad ass so far, with the huge sets flying in, the super projectors, and industrial feel of it all.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
As far as technical faults go, you couldn't have had a more 'key moment' timing for it. One thing you wanna get right

A little surprised to see no "In soviet Russia . . ." jokes about it yet.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Watching the Super G downhill skiing and they casually mention these guys are doing 80mph+ going in to the 2nd jump(I think). Fuck that noise.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
OK, how or where do I stream specific events? I want to see the finals of Snowboarding slopestyle but NBC's streaming site is the worst piece of shit on the planet, apparently all I can do is stream whatever their regular television feed is.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
OK, how or where do I stream specific events? I want to see the finals of Snowboarding slopestyle but NBC's streaming site is the worst piece of shit on the planet, apparently all I can do is stream whatever their regular television feed is.
And why in the hell, on the first Saturday of the Olympics, is NBC not showing Olympics?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
And why in the hell, on the first Saturday of the Olympics, is NBC not showing Olympics?
I found that pretty hilarious. Had to go to late in the afternoon here before NBC is actually showing it. I remember the last Olympics and everyone bitching about how awful NBC was. Looks like they're continuing where they left off.

I could give a shit, since I feel like the winter Olympics is full of sports no one cares about outside of the Olympics (except hockey). But still think it's funny as hell.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
At this point most Americans think that Olympic events only happen during prime time. Last night I was out and I got some texts asking me why I wasn't watching the opening ceremony. I replied that I had followed it online when it originally happened yesterday morning. They were like "lol wut howd you watch it before it happened???"