Olympics Thread

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
So basically I could've watched slopestyle finals live at 3:45AM, but if you don't catch it then they lock out popular events that Americans want to see and you can't see them again until after they're aired delayed during prime time. Oh and after you see the million headlines mentioning who already won the event.

FUCK AMERICAN OLYMPIC COVERAGE.

I got exposed to real coverage when I was in college in 2004, my school was near the Canadian border so we got CCTV. Since the Canadians are not dominant in many summer events they had a very large spread of events they covered, not just ones they would win. It was amazing, and showed me how xenophobic and retarded the US coverage is. Shit pisses me off.

Kinkle_sl

shitlord
Pretty much given up on streaming. IPT is on top of things so far, watching the slopestyle finals with Canadian commentary at the moment.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Pretty much given up on streaming. IPT is on top of things so far, watching the slopestyle finals with Canadian commentary at the moment.
I wouldn't have even thought to check IPT for Olympic events, and I've been dying to see the Slopestyle finals that made Shaun White so scurred.

imaginary +1 to you good sir!

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Interesting reading this discussion about the TV coverage in the US.

Here in Australia there have been 3 big commercial networks for decades ( 7, 9 and 10 ) . During the last several years as the country has switched to digital, the 3 commercial channels have launched 'sister' channels ( there's probably a better name ) which are have a variety of new material, possibly not for their main channel, and often showing easy cheapish filler material 90's sitcoms or MASH or Get Smart etc

It's an obvious attempt to crush out the pay TV market

So for the winter Olympics channel 10 is showing it. Almost round the clock between their main channel and their 'sister' channel ONE. Different events on the 2 channels when they're both showing it.

So pretty good.

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Figure skating has been fixed for... eternity. Also ive seen the same shit (between USA and Mother Russia) run down before (think '08 in Canada).
Pondering why this shit still gets any coverage, like at all.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We need more hot curling babe photos in this thread
What about a snowboarder? Elena Hight.

Elena-Hight-USA-Snowboarding.jpg

3HWmF0F.jpg

EP8pldA.jpg

Also, this is a subreddit that exists dedicated to Olympic sexiness.

Ohlympics

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
How is the female US Olympic team like the only team without at least one hottie on it? Debbie McCormick can die in a fire too. Her team is stinking up another Olympics.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's the winter olympics, so there's a good chance Canada actually will come out on top. Trend seems to be US, Germany, and Canada.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Been meaning to ask this. WTF is up with Costa's eye? One looks fucked up. I can hardly stand the guy so maybe his eye is normally fucked up but looks like he has pink eye after catching a bad load from an infected cock with his face.