On the House , Dragon Age Origins

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I could never get into this game, does it get better after the first few hours?

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
If you like Bioware rpgs it's one of the best ever. One of my favorite games for sure.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I could never get into this game, does it get better after the first few hours?
Depends on when you did the dwarf levels. It was some of the longest, boringest, most tedious things I've ever done.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I love RPG's but I got this one later and got super bored walking around the starting castle. I was in MMO mode at the time so maybe did not give it a fair shake. Free sounds like a good deal to try again.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I was one of the people that really hated this game. It was boring throughout the entire game, I found it super easy, and I hated almost every single character.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I mostly agree with Noodle. But I think I set my expectations too high. But when they say it is the spiritual successor to BG and instead I get an, at best, mediocre RPG dumped on me instead I get a bit salty. Why someone would waste their time with DAO instead of just playing Divinity: OS is beyond me.

spronk

FPS noob
free is free, i've never had a problem with origin and i run it 24x7 alongside steam, but i have heard some people have nightmare problems with it not working, sucking up resources, etc

after you get your free DAO you can get a bunch of free DLCs here
Choose Language | BioWare Social Network

I mean I dont use Origin much as I only have a few games on there , but never had a problem with it at all. Its a free game and its a fun play through at least once if you enjoy RPGs , sure its easy but its old school as its turn based and its not that bad as some in this thread make it out to be. Again its FREE , enjoy it for what it is and uninstall.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'll admit I haven't used origin in a while. My contention is that they were fine with steam for a while but got greedy. Normally competition is good for the consumer. But all we got this time is library fragmentation and a poor steam clone.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
In scope it was much better than DA2, but the mechanics are also more tedious. I recommend to my friends to play the Mass Effect trilogy if they're considering a single player RPG. I don't recommend either DA.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Looks like it's just the standard edition, which I already had. Was hoping it was a version with all the DLC or the expansion.

iannis

Musty Nester
I really, really liked it personally.

But, here's the thing. You had to play it a little, spend like 3 days modding it, play it a little, spend 3 more days modding it, then play it again.

And... spoiler alert... mages are OP and blood mages are OP as hell. That's just a function of the game itself rather than the mods.

But they tried to do some stuff in DA:O that isn't new but really should be part of all fantasy games. With the fade crap it felt like magic was more "magicky" and less "the science of fireballs". Even though it really was the science of fireballs. They put a fair amount of effort into worldbuilding. The factions are trope-ish but distinct. You understand why the Chantry exists to regulate the Mages, and there's an actual irresolvable conflict at the heart of the two organizations. Which, of course, bioware proceeds to completely shit on with sequels. Best part of the game and bioware misses their very own fucking point. But whatever, that doesn't make DA:O any better or worse.

Successor to BG2... I dunno. But it was one of the better fantasy games to come out since BG2 I guess. Not the hands down absolute best, but one of the better.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I dunno about any of this... Playing through DA:O I just kept thinking "are we there yet?"

Free.. Maybe..

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
I guess I was the only one to buy it last week when it went on sale for $4.99 on Steam? I guess I can avoid installing Origin but five bucks is five bucks!

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I enjoyed it, but I played like a super tank or something and demolished while my retards tried to stay alive. Fuck micro-managing and trying to bother with AI.