Online Backup

lurker

Vyemm Raider
My laptop is getting wonky. I'd like to back it up, preferably online so that when it fails to light, I can get a new one and download my stuff on to it.

Anyone have any recommendations on whose services I should use? It's an HP running Windows.

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My laptop is getting wonky. I'd like to back it up, preferably online so that when it fails to light, I can get a new one and download my stuff on to it.

Anyone have any recommendations on whose services I should use? It's an HP running Windows.
Just get an external drive that you can dump everything important to imo, or maybe use dropbox if what you need to backup is within its size limits. It's been a few years, but when I checked into online backup services, they were basically all scams. If you tried to use them as an actual back up, you'd end up being throttled to crazy low speeds or have huge extra charges. There may be better ones now, but definitely read the fineprint.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lurker

Vyemm Raider
Just get an external drive that you can dump everything important to imo, or maybe use dropbox if what you need to backup is within its size limits. It's been a few years, but when I checked into online backup services, they were basically all scams. If you tried to use them as an actual back up, you'd end up being throttled to crazy low speeds or have huge extra charges. There may be better ones now, but definitely read the fineprint.
Thanks for that. Turns out I can get 5tb for about $100 locally and they all seem to come with backup software. Perfect for my needs.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user