online prescription glasses

Lenaldo

Golden Knight of the Realm
Has anyone tried any of the online prescription glasses places? Any reviews or comments? I feel like there was a post about this on either foh or that other board but can't remember.

I'm thinking of trying Zeeni first.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah there was a thread about online glasses on the old board. I have tried warby parker and thought it was ok. The cheaper warby parker's don't come with spring hinges so they tend to clamp on really tight to the sides of my head giving me a headache. They have a newer more expensive line called titanium that does have dual spring hinges now. You can order an at home try on kit for free. I would suggest you try wearing the frames for an extended period of time to see if they won't bother you when wearing them. I am so sick of glasses nowadays, I really want to get lasik surgery.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've been meaning to order a pair or two from Zenni for awhile now. My sister has gotten 3 or 4 pairs from them and been happy with all but one. Which ain't bad when you're paying like $15-30.

Citz

Silver Squire
I bought a pair for 20$ 2 years ago and I still use them today. As good as a pair of glasses from an optometrist. I've recommended Zenni to my relatives and friends and they are happy with their purchases too.

Also, at 15-20$ a pair, you can switch easily.

ooo6

Trakanon Raider
What does everyone think of clearly contacts? Ive seem so many ads and was wondering if the frames and lenses are something worth trying? I bought many glasses over seas in asia and they seem to suck. Is clearly contacts something like those?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Got a pair from Zenni. They fit great(better than my overpriced store bought Ray Bans) and the lenses worked fine. But they broke in a couple weeks.

ywqHFeh.jpg

Those ones, super cheapies. Wanted to try half frames. A chunk of the frame right at the base of the lenses on one side snapped off. There's a clear plastic strap thing that helps hold the lenses in and it's anchored there and I was wiping the lenses and it popped right off.

I'll try them again, just go with full frames I guess. I prefer plastic because I hated the little nosepad things when I had glasses with them before and all the metal ones have those. Last pair makes me hesitant to order acetate ones from there again though.

Anyone with experience with metal or the stainless steel glasses from them? Comfortableness and durability is what I'm worried about.

Tea_sl

shitlord
I would try giving them a call first if it's still 30 days from the delivery date. All my frames are full frames and plastic. My daily pair is actually the oldest pair and I've had no problems in 4 years with them.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Was just outside the 30days. And since they were cheapass I decided to superglue the frame back in. Worked great for a week or so=P

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I started this thread back on FoH and since then have used Zenni multiple times. Just got a pair of sunglasses from them. Turned out fine. Might try sport goggles for mountain biking next as my expensive ass prescription Oakleys are starting to fall apart from sweat damage. May try transitional lenses in them as well, though its not the greatest idea for riding in the woods but I could go with a lighter tint perhaps.

After trying a variety of shit from Zenni, I say stick with full plastic frames. The wire frame stuff is generally god fucking awful compared to what you get at the store in my experience. I probably just made some bad choices, but enough so that I won't try wire rims from them again.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Rezz.

Does anyone use another online eyeglass store besides Zenni? Looking at their site now; stepped on my glasses the other night.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Zenni or GTFO. I have had the same glasses/plastic lenses I bought 4 years ago and they are still goin strong. Im sure I need to take a new eye exam but I only get my glasses from Zenni now. Screw getting 100 dollar glasses that I might lose or break anyway.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just an update on my second Zenni order. Grabbed an absolute dirt cheap(like $7) pair with full plastic frames, and a slightly more expensive($15ish) plastic frame pair to have back ups.

Both fit well, the cheaper pair probably a little better(I have a big head). Zero problems in 5 months.

I went without the anti-glare coating because my last overpriced pair had scratched to shit lenses almost instantly and the internet said that was the coating. Zero lens scratches on these two pairs so far. So I guess unless you drive late night every single day and have a lot of issues with being blinded by streetlights stay the fuck away from that shit.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Not sure how you guys ended up with $20 specks. Still, $58.80 delivered is about $140 cheaper than my last pair.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Yeah, they've got frames for 6.95. I thought they were ugly as shit. The frames alone were $27.95.

I keep fucking the link up, but they look pretty much like the ones you pictured above in this thread. #777815

The Master

Bronze Squire
I "bought" a pair from Coastal.com. I say that with quotes because somehow a friend of mine got an offer where they were giving you free glasses, I only paid some minimal cost for the lenses. Fit perfect, great quality. I actually get a lot of comments on them because I picked green as a color and they have this intricate scroll work on the sides. Apparently if you sign up for their e-mail lists they have offers like this 2-3x a year.