Operation Finale (2018)

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Operation Finale (2018)

Tagline: After World War II, Hitler's deadliest lieutenant escaped.

Genre: Drama, History

Director: Chris Weitz

Cast: Ben Kingsley, Oscar Isaac, Mélanie Laurent, Nick Kroll, Lior Raz, Michael Aronov, Ohad Knoller, Greg Hill, Michael Hernandez, Torben Liebrecht, Pêpê Rapazote, Joe Alwyn, Haley Lu Richardson, Peter Strauss, Tatiana Rodríguez, Antonia Desplat, Greta Scacchi

Release: 2018-08-29

Runtime: 122

Plot: 15 years after the end of World War II, a team of Israeli secret agents is assigned to track down Adolf Eichmann, the infamous Nazi architect of the Holocaust, reported hiding in Argentina, and smuggle him back to Israel for trial. A true story.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Saw the movie tonight. I enjoyed it, because I pretty much enjoy anything that relates to WW2, but it is pretty slow most of the way through. I can only assume that they tried to stay as true to actual events as possible, which would explain "near misses" rather than exciting action sequences. If you have any knowledge of the historical events, then even the suspense of those near misses is dulled.

It is elevated by the performances of Oscar Isaac and Ben Kingsley. The way the story unfolds between the two of them is really what is at the heart of this movie.

It is not "Munich (2005)", it is more "Darkest Hour (2017)". If you ok with that, or even better if that appeals to you, then give this movie a watch. It is certainly worthy.

Fuck Nazi's

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database