Oppenheimer (2023)

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I just heard via carrier pigeon that people are flocking to this.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Great Review
Reactions: 5 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
<Trapped in Randomonia>
chuk.jpg

Does this count as doxing?

Last edited:
  • 9Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 9 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
<Trapped in Randomonia>
You forgot the whole Italian part. It's its own sub-culture in New England, how could you insult Chuk by forgetting such things!

ok I fixed it, happy now? You'll win an Ossoi Ossoi achievement if you know who that is

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
Lightly anti-nuke? Meaning anti-nuclear war, which seems pretty ok?
Yes. Anti-nuclear war. Oppenheimer's opposition to the hydrogen bomb (the "super" they call it) and the inevitable arms race it would cause is a major theme.

It's his real story, so not really a "spoiler" but he wanted to share the awesome potential of nuclear bombs with everyone with the hope that it would end all war. Of course just about everyone else during the start of the cold war saw things differently. His remorse was viewed as anti-nuke and a slap in Truman and other's faces who decided to pull the trigger.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You forgot the whole Italian part. It's its own sub-culture in New England, how could you insult Chuk by forgetting such things!
there is another connection. the Westinghouse plant in NJ was used for the Manhattan Project. there was a supermarket chain right next to it. thats where my family shopped every week in the 70s.
The cleanup process started when there was a survey of Manhattan Project sites. The plant was inspected in 1976 and found low levels of radiation.[7] Westinghouse filed an application in 1988 with the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) to decommission those buildings. The demolition of the buildings was done from 1993 through 2004. During that period, certain radioactive contamination was removed from the site. However, some contaminated areas were covered with asphalt and concrete.[10] The license on the site was terminated by NRC in 2003 so that the site can be released for unrestricted use, although New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP) disagreed with that decision.[11] In 2006, NJDEP sued Viacom (successor of Westinghouse) and others for the continuation of ground water contamination at the site.[10

Current development​

Due to the proximity of the Westinghouse site and other former manufacturing sites to the Watsessing Station, the Township of Bloomfield is working on the plan for transit-oriented development in that area. The Westinghouse site, although still a brownfield site with ongoing remediation, has been re-zoned into Commuter Oriented Residential District which is a mixed-use concept that includes high-density residential units which will be close to the train station.[3]

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Just saw it, was bored for the final third. First 2/3 was ok.

6/10 is generous. If I was at home then I'd have been on my phone way too much

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So do they gloirfy Oppenheimers wife and make her "Stunning and brave"? Because she was a fucking Commie lunatic that gave nuclear secrets to the Russians.

Juvarisx

Florida
So do they gloirfy Oppenheimers wife and make her "Stunning and brave"? Because she was a fucking Commie lunatic that gave nuclear secrets to the Russians.

Uhh no to either. Klaus Fuchs was the reason the Soviets had nuclear tech as fast as they did though, and other then Kitty being a Communist party memeber I have never read anyhting to the effect that she sold secrets to the Soviets.

I loved it, but I like historical biopics. This one is more of an "interesting" one cause its very well paced, and the Trinity Test was stunning in 70mm IMAX

Robert Downey JR will probably win Best Supporting off this, Oldman played a perfect Truman, and Cillian Murphy was amazing as well.

Movie isn't anti nuclear, it was showing correctly that Oppenheimer himself was anti Hydrogen Bomb.

Last edited:
  • 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
<Trapped in Randomonia>

Honestly for part of the movie I was wondering why Emily Blunt would take such a role that was relatively minor and didn't really give her much range

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Best drama I've seen in a theater since There Will Be Blood.

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Hugely impressive for an R rated adult drama. Looking at 70M+ for the weekend.

• 2Like