Oppenheimer (2023)

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
3.57 star(s) Rating: 3.57/5 7 Votes
Title: Oppenheimer (2023)

Tagline: The world forever changes.

Genre: History, War, Drama

Director: Christopher Nolan

Cast: Cillian Murphy, Emily Blunt, Matt Damon, Robert Downey Jr., Florence Pugh, Josh Hartnett, Benny Safdie, Rami Malek, Kenneth Branagh, Gary Oldman, Alden Ehrenreich, Dane DeHaan, Matthew Modine, Casey Affleck, Alex Wolff, David Dastmalchian, Jack Quaid, Matthias Schweighöfer, Michael Angarano, Dylan Arnold, Christopher Denham, Olli Haaskivi, David Krumholtz, Jason Clarke, James D'Arcy, Scott Grimes, Louise Lombard, Christopher Denham, Guy Burnet, Danny Deferrari, Josh Peck, Emma Dumont, Harrison Gilbertson, Devon Bostick, Gustaf Skarsgård, David Rysdahl, Gregory Jbara, Bryce Johnson, Tom Jenkins, Tony Goldwyn, Trond Fausa Aurvåg, Josh Zuckerman, Olivia Thirlby, Jack Cutmore-Scott, James Remar, Jeff Hephner, Jefferson Hall, Tom Conti, Will Roberts, Kerry Westcott, Meg Schimelpfenig, Michael Andrew Baker, Colin Seifert, Petrie Willink, Jeremy John Wells, Yaser Al-Nyrabeah

Release: 2023-07-19

Plot: The story of J. Robert Oppenheimer’s role in the development of the atomic bomb during World War II.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Cast and director look good, let's hope its more like Early Nolan shit than the mindfuck new stuff.

• 1Direct to DVD
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
gO6UfLfoOGnbmbrnbF3KMTNqfNC.jpg

Title: Oppenheimer

Tagline: The world forever changes.

Genre: History, War, Drama

Director: Christopher Nolan

Cast: Cillian Murphy, Emily Blunt, Matt Damon, Robert Downey Jr., Florence Pugh, Josh Hartnett, Benny Safdie, Rami Malek, Kenneth Branagh, Gary Oldman, Alden Ehrenreich, Dane DeHaan, Matthew Modine, Casey Affleck, Alex Wolff, David Dastmalchian, Jack Quaid, Matthias Schweighöfer, Michael Angarano, Dylan Arnold, Christopher Denham, Olli Haaskivi, David Krumholtz, Jason Clarke, James D'Arcy, Scott Grimes, Louise Lombard, Christopher Denham, Guy Burnet, Danny Deferrari, Josh Peck, Emma Dumont, Harrison Gilbertson, Devon Bostick, Gustaf Skarsgård, David Rysdahl, Gregory Jbara, Bryce Johnson, Tom Jenkins, Tony Goldwyn, Trond Fausa Aurvåg, Josh Zuckerman, Olivia Thirlby, Jack Cutmore-Scott, James Remar, Jeff Hephner, Jefferson Hall, Tom Conti, Will Roberts, Kerry Westcott, Meg Schimelpfenig, Michael Andrew Baker, Colin Seifert, Petrie Willink, Jeremy John Wells, Yaser Al-Nyrabeah

Release: 2023-07-19

Plot: The story of J. Robert Oppenheimer’s role in the development of the atomic bomb during World War II.
Holy fuck at that cast list. I can't wait to see Nolan's "twist"! So macabre and mysterious he is!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Twist is that Love transcends War as well as time and space. Also neither dialogue nor atomic bombs will be audible over Hans Zimmer.

• 8Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 9 users

Juvarisx

Florida
Apparently this is going to be more or less consistent with history. Universal is prepared to eat a loss with this one as it costs too much for what it is but they want Nolan to make future movies under them like he used to with WB.

• 2Like

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
I have no doubt in Nolans ability to make a period piece cost $200m to make.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Wonder if its going to have shit like his attempted murders.

• 1Like

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
I'm guessing you've never seen "early Nolan shit"
yes? Memento + The Prestige, are one of my favourites but they were followable and had a clear plot + twists. Inception was great.

Interstellar and tenet were kinda all over and both gave me headaches.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I think I'm the only person in the world who genuinely loved Tenet haha.

Stoked for this as well, might even get me to go to the movie theater again (first time in over a year +).

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
yes? Memento + The Prestige, are one of my favourites but they were followable and had a clear plot + twists. Inception was great.

Interstellar and tenet were kinda all over and both gave me headaches.

Tenet's the only movie of his that's difficult to follow. Pretty much have to see it multiple times to fully understand most of it.

I Don't remember Interstellar being hard to follow, though

• 2Like

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
I think I'm the only person in the world who genuinely loved Tenet haha.

Stoked for this as well, might even get me to go to the movie theater again (first time in over a year +).
Tenet's the only movie of his that's difficult to follow. Pretty much have to see it multiple times to fully understand most of it.

Yes, I enjoyed Tenet. Had to watch like Youtube videos of "Tenet Explained" to understand what I was watching but once I understood it and rewatched it I liked it.
Interstellar wasnt so much hard to follow as it was about the weird shit about love and her dad being stuck in a book case in the future? Like it just felt kinda disjointed and the plot was resolved with like wizard magic even though the rest of the movie worked really hard to be "scientific".

Obviously batman trilogy was great, dunkirk too. I feel like since this isnt a fictional account it'll be good, since he can't completely make up shit whereas his original fiction is hit or miss.

Blantons4Ever

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Banned>
OrTenet's the only movie of his that's difficult to follow. Pretty much have to see it multiple times to fully understand most of it.

Hi. I watch Tenet at least 10 time. And i do not understand the beginning, anything with opera scene. Or how vampire man is alive there, and when he actually die.

• 1Garbage

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Hi. I watch Tenet at least 10 time. And i do not understand the beginning, anything with opera scene. Or how vampire man is alive there, and when he actually die.
vampire man travel back time then go forward

• 2Worf

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Well Mr. just found FoH and is on their first account, there's multiple factions after the guy on the balcony and a piece algorithm. They do a bunch of spy vs spy outsmarting each other where the CIA ends up with the algorithm and the guy on the balcony with the help of Pattinson who was going backwards through time.

He died that same day but in his personal future when he jumped in front of protagonist and ate the bullet for him. That's probably some sort of callback to the protagonist eating the suicide pill shortly after and how he "passed the test" and "not everyone does" and why future version of protagonist trusts him

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database