Oppenheimer (2023)

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Is that a joke
Nah man, a story about the making of the atomic bomb definitely features constant male nudity throughout the film. Everyone knows oppenheimer almost never wore clothes so nolan is just being authentic to real life.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Nah man, a story about the making of the atomic bomb definitely features constant male nudity throughout the film. Everyone knows oppenheimer almost never wore clothes so nolan is just being authentic to real life.

My first thought was that the original nude article was a Dr Manhattan reference

DickTrickle

My first thought was that the original nude article was a Dr Manhattan reference
Some prolonged scenes to me seems like... I don't know, a few sex/relationship scenes that drag on for a few minutes each.

Near constant nudity sounds like it would be almost every time he was on film. But you're probably right that is a reference to Dr. Manhattan.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Lol at any movie coming out the same day as a Barbie movie and being more gay than Barbie 🌈

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
TIL some people don’t like Interstellar’s soundtrack.

I thought it was awesome and made the movie. If Nolan didn’t want it that loud he could have mixed it with more emphasis on the scenes track so that’s not a Hans Zimmer issue…

Zimmer has actually told Nolan before that he has the music too loud Hans Zimmer Complained The Dark Knight's Music Was 'Too Loud'

• 1Like

DickTrickle

His music is loud in all his movies and often works well but it's really annoying when it drowns out people talking.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
TIL some people don’t like Interstellar’s soundtrack.

I thought it was awesome and made the movie. If Nolan didn’t want it that loud he could have mixed it with more emphasis on the scenes track so that’s not a Hans Zimmer issue…

Zimmer has actually told Nolan before that he has the music too loud Hans Zimmer Complained The Dark Knight's Music Was 'Too Loud'

It's not the soundtrack per re, it's an audio mixing issue which is a common complaint regarding Nolan films and their sound levels

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
His music is loud in all his movies and often works well but it's really annoying when it drowns out people talking.
Most of the time that's the theater itself fucking up. I worked in a theater and we had a retard that always set the soundtrack/ambient noises too loud, or otherwise the theater would go from a horror movie to another type of movie, and they wouldn't adjust it. In horror movies you want the background to impinge on the actors.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Most of the time that's the theater itself fucking up. I worked in a theater and we had a retard that always set the soundtrack/ambient noises too loud, or otherwise the theater would go from a horror movie to another type of movie, and they wouldn't adjust it. In horror movies you want the background to impinge on the actors.

What exactly are you implying, that cinemas receive separate sound "files" for different parts of the film like dialogue, fx and music? And not one sound mix containing everything?

Are you referring to different channels in a surround sound mix that usually has dialogue from the centre channel, and different sound levels of these channels?

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
What exactly are you implying, that cinemas receive separate sound "files" for different parts of the film like dialogue, fx and music? And not one sound mix containing everything?

Are you referring to different channels in a surround sound mix that usually has dialogue from the centre channel, and different sound levels of these channels?

I dunno I never actually adjusted it, but I’d report when it was fucked up to the one non retard I worked with and it’d go from being inaudible to sounding good.

• 1Direct to DVD

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Like any audio set up, the theater should have an equalizer that the audio passes though before it gets pushed to the amps, then the speakers. Obviously, it's more complicated, due to probably having 10+ speakers that need to be set up on the various channels. I would assume that setting the EQ up correctly is a specialized job, and the normal low trained employee was not supposed to touch it.

One would think that the theaters now days would have digital set up, with pre sets, so a dumb ape could still change it depending on the movie.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Like any audio set up, the theater should have an equalizer that the audio passes though before it gets pushed to the amps, then the speakers. Obviously, it's more complicated, due to probably having 10+ speakers that need to be set up on the various channels. I would assume that setting the EQ up correctly is a specialized job, and the normal low trained employee was not supposed to touch it.

One would think that the theaters now days would have digital set up, with pre sets, so a dumb ape could still change it depending on the movie.

Yeah, I looked into it as I was curious, but obviously any theatre should be calibrated correctly

"Print masters – This is the final mix of your film in all its glory. A standard 5.1 mix will usually be delivered as a set of six 24-bit 48kHz WAV files. Different deliverables use different channel assignments, so these WAVs are usually delivered separately to dispel confusion. Most print master packages include a mix for both theatrical and broadcast. You can also get an M&E print master that includes just music and effects for foreign language dubbing."

Suggests that each channel is a different file

• 1Like

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I’ve definitely been in theaters that have completely fucked the sound of a movie. It’s really disappointing when it happens because other than FOMO of a new release you are 100% better off watching in your living room.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I looked into it as I was curious, but obviously any theatre should be calibrated correctly

"Print masters – This is the final mix of your film in all its glory. A standard 5.1 mix will usually be delivered as a set of six 24-bit 48kHz WAV files. Different deliverables use different channel assignments, so these WAVs are usually delivered separately to dispel confusion. Most print master packages include a mix for both theatrical and broadcast. You can also get an M&E print master that includes just music and effects for foreign language dubbing."

Suggests that each channel is a different file
My understanding is that modern theaters are one file, but this is not first hand knowledge from someone I know who worked at the theater a lot longer than I did. When I worked movies arrived in canisters, usually around five, and were put together on a large table sized platter. They could rig the film so it went through multiple projectors at the same time, to increase the number of theaters it showed in.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Denis Villeneuve would like a word with you.
The one shitty part of going to iMax for Dune was the wailing woman music drowning out anything the characters were saying in some scenes.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
The one shitty part of going to iMax for Dune was the wailing woman music drowning out anything the characters were saying in some scenes.

why would imax affect sound levels? unless you're using imax to mean seeing it in a movie theatre?

• 1Garbage