Ordering tires online

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looking for some recommendations for ordering tires for the vehicle online. Any good, trustworthy sites you have used? We don't have the Mr. Tires or NTB's or whatnot down here but I do have a shop that will shoe em up and balance for 10 bucks a tire.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Looking for some recommendations for ordering tires for the vehicle online. Any good, trustworthy sites you have used? We don't have the Mr. Tires or NTB's or whatnot down here but I do have a shop that will shoe em up and balance for 10 bucks a tire.

Find a Costco warehouse- Costco $15 per tire and lifetime balance, rotation etc.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Find a Costco warehouse- Costco $15 per tire and lifetime balance, rotation etc.

Bit of a haul.

nope.PNG

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Does this explain his deranged politics opinions?

Maybe not on a damn island, but generally I found discount tire is amazing. Always really good word of mouth/happy customers. Sometimes I could find cheaper by less than $50 on a $900 set, but with the added convenience and service, was worth it than ordering from some rando online place that you still have to find a place to mount for you. (Sounds like you have that down for cheap at least, but think that's $40 even for cheap)

Try shopping via the closest location, I found the discount tire direct prices were sometimes higher than shopping thru a location.

Kais

<Gold Donor>
I've use tirerack a couple times, not always the best price but their service and availability is top notch

• 1Like

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I've used Tire Rack several times without issue or complaint. Their standard shipping gets them to where I'm having them put on usually within 2-3 days after I order.

• 1Like

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Tire Rack is great, but I generally go to DiscountTireDirect.com prices are competitive, selection is good, usually some good rebates/sales and FREE FUCKING SHIPPING.

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Tire rack is reliable, but their prices almost always fall between suck and meh. The only time I find them reasonable is during specific manu sales or with hard to find sizes/specs that are straight expensive anywhere else. Recently had to replace an AT truck tire, was $30 more expensive on TR.com than at the local place, not to mention shipping plus install cost.

I haven't hesitated from using them when I need to, though.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I use tire rack, I saved over 250 on a set a few months ago on a closeout deal.

Now, getting them mounted and balanced at a reputable shop at a decent price is a real problem. NTB, Firestone and Discount wanted to charge me 250 for mount and balance since I did not purchase the tires through them. I found a reputable tire shop to mount and balance them but they still fucked up two of my rims.

Siliconemelons

DiscountTire also does ebay stuff, check there to be sure that you are getting the best price from them on shipping etc- they also sell one time replacement vouchers for road hazard.

I was looking for tires, one type was 20$ cheaper on their ebay offering in total than they had on their own site, and for another set it was 10$ more on ebay..

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
I always use discount tire, but tend to just go into the brick and mortar that's pretty convenient.

Helps that I used to work there, and haven't paid for mount and balance or road hazard insurance ever.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Another thing I liked about discount stores themselves. On my R32 I wanted to decline the $5 or $15/per TPMS rebuild kit or whatever. They did them for free or at cost of like $1.50 per.

Truck tires, I was going to skip the replacement vouchers ( saved me a ton on 2 or 3 blown low profile tires on the R32 but figured big AT tires on truck uneeded.) Offered them for half price, made it cheap enough why not insurance.

I would say always google review search ones nearest anyone to see if theres any clear dud ones for customer service etc.

• 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My local tire shop costs like 5 bucks per wheel to balance. Why mess with all that time / hassle and equipment cost on your own?

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I knew before coming into this thread that even one about buying tires Edko would make sure to remind us all he lives in the keys like anyone gives a damn

• 1Worf