Origin of the Word 'Sandbox'

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Fingz_sl

shitlord
As I stood in front of my class that first night, I dug deep inside myself for the one thing that I stood for, the one thing that would charge up the class to leap into the media with gusto and pizzazz. Then I thought of the magic word: sandbox. To me a sandbox is more than four boards and a bag of sand. It is a metaphor for play, storytelling, world building, and for a child's personal journey of exploration and discovery. And sand is a metaphor for what good media should be?rich, malleable, and gritty. Playing with media should be a multisensory experience. As with sand, you should smell it, taste it, and touch it. It should get in your ears, in your shorts, and in your hair.

http://www.atarimagazines.com/compute/issue76/World.php

I want to quantitate the sandboxiness of something as 'milli D'Ignazios'

What do you think?

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I'm thinking: What was that guy passing around in his class and/or smoking when he wrote this?

Xeldar

Silver Squire
As long as I can I fill your Sand Keep full of my coffee smelling urine, you have yourself a sandbox.