Original cloth map from EQ

Thrawnseg_sl

shitlord
Figured this might be the best place to ask - there was a cloth map I. The original box, correct? I've seen paper maps, but remember a cloth original map with just the 3 continents.

Also, does anyone have a idea where I could find one? Looking to buy one for a friend from Christmas and haven't seen one on eBay for over 3 months.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I know the Kunark box came with a cloth map. No idea about the original.

delirium_sl

shitlord
Yes the original box came with a white cloth map. I still have mine as well as the one that came in the Kunark, Velous and Luclin boxes. I eventually got an EQ Gold eidition which came with a POP cloth map too.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Here is a Velious map for $5.00, but I think it is paper not cloth:
EverQuest World of Norrath Scars of Velious Map | eBay

Here is a pic of the original:
rrr_img_83351.jpg

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I actually found it a few years ago after someone on the old Prexus forum was asking if anyone had it. I ended up mailing it to him.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I have the original one the Kunark one and the POP one. Was there a cloth Velious one? I bought the Box of Velious and it did not have a cloth map

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I had both Velious and SoL boxes and I do not remember cloth maps for either.

Silence_sl

shitlord
I have a few stacks of these cloth ones, as well as all the discs, boxes and a few CE tins. Haven't looked at em in years tho.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
I don't appear to have an EQ cloth map. Was that collector's only?

Awhile back I took a bunch of pictures of all the mappish crap I have before stuffing it all away in boxes:

rrr_img_83643.jpg
rrr_img_83644.jpg
rrr_img_83645.jpg
rrr_img_83646.jpg
rrr_img_83647.jpg
rrr_img_83648.jpg

Siliconemelons

I have my orig cloth map, no idea about kunark as I stupidly bought it as an upgrade from sony...and just got mailed the CD, while I could have just gotten the retail box...and gotten it sooner than their crappy preorder system!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i have a cloth map somewhere around here, i think its the kunark one, i dont recall getting a cloth map in my original vanilla eq case. was it a limited edition or something?

Siliconemelons

i have a cloth map somewhere around here, i think its the kunark one, i dont recall getting a cloth map in my original vanilla eq case. was it a limited edition or something?
Nope...but I bought my box within the orig shipment time frame- it may have just been in the first area.