Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
The best worst thing was one single scene on the other side of the hole, lol

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

velk

Trakanon Raider
The best worst thing was one single scene on the other side of the hole, lol

I was totally baited there. Great setup, then back to random irrational actions of people I don't care about for the entire rest of the season 8(.

• 2Solidarity

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
This is honestly one of the worst shows I ever finished. They took the Netflix movie formula of "Throw money and good actors at an absolute shit script" and turned it into a series format.

Did anything actually even happen in this show? I don't think anything actually happened. It was like a normal week in Wyoming featuring a time travel hole as Fonzarelli.
Netflix has a clear method. If the script is terrible get a big name to headline the show. If the script is great hire unknowns and add diversity and a lgbtqetc storyline.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They could have cleaned the script up with minimal effort. If theyre just going to dumpster millions of dollars, at least they could .. idk, plant some trees or something.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I'm thinking that this is along the lines of Jack & Jill. Just a tax write off for Bezos.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Binged this over the week while visiting my folks.

I swear the pitch for this show was:

Hey, people liked "lost" lets do a "lost" but without the island.
What is the opposite of an island then? Oh i know - lets use Wyoming, that is the opposite of an island.
Will the characters still act like idiots and not ask the most basic of questions or act like rational humans?
Of course not ! this is gonna be like LOST!

So lame the the reveal at the end was super obvious from about Episode 4.

Caliane

They did get me with the Mastadon a bit. I totally overlooked it the first time it was mentioned. Although the second time, oh right, time travel, there actually IS going to be a mastadon.

I think there is some interesting things that could be done with Amy, or is being done. Literally seeing her child self, stable, etc, While ALSO seeing her as an adult and clearly having schizophrenia, or bipolar. the utter weirdness/ick of having a relationship with someone you knew as a kid like that.

The should could really do without the weird vision shit.

"amy's gone" breakdown. lol what? not her breakdown.. but, if a mom comes up to you at a public event and says "my daughters missing" fucking no one says, "ah, don't worry about it, lets wait a few days" no. you go to the fucking PA and make an announcement. everyone thats ever been to any event like that, has heard it at least once, "come to x tent". kids getting separated from parents happens alot at that shit.

racist buffalo scene with the sheriff made me lol. I guess she has a special connection due to her people.

yeah, hard to recommend this at all.
Too much of the show is people not talking. we have no idea what anyone is doing anything. Like, the sheriff scene. she sees these buffalo, and what are we supposed to think she makes of this? she doesn't speak.
singing cowboy, sniffs the rocks, and apparently has visions of the future, and suddenly is full on cultist in natural born killers love with amy.
I don't mind the cult aspects forming. but do it with words or actions. give a reason people would start following a cult, either via seeing crazy shit, or by a personality.

• 2Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
"amy's gone" breakdown. lol what? not her breakdown.. but, if a mom comes up to you at a public event and says "my daughters missing" fucking no one says, "ah, don't worry about it, lets wait a few days" no. you go to the fucking PA and make an announcement. everyone thats ever been to any event like that, has heard it at least once, "come to x tent". kids getting separated from parents happens alot at that shit.
Late response and all...

I took my girls (7 and 9) to the New York state fair over the summer... Very first thing we did was talk about a plan in case we somehow got separated. Here's where you should go if you get lost, those are the people that it's okay to talk to if you get lost... They even had arm tags for them to wear that had my name and phone number in case they got lost.

Any good parent goes over these things and makes a back up plan for when things go sideways. No part of that plan is "let's just wait a few days"

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I like this weird fucking show for whatever reason. Its probably 99% the actors, but thats fine.

I'm a sucker for a good mystery, and this show is at least doing something different. They didn't even explain like 1% of what was going on in S1 but I'll give it another go.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user