Outer Range

elidib

Vyemm Raider
2.00 star(s) Rating: 2.00/5 7 Votes
Title: Outer Range

Genre: Western, Mystery

First aired: 2022-04-14

Creator: Brian Watkins

Cast: Josh Brolin, Tom Pelphrey, Tamara Podemski, Lili Taylor, Lewis Pullman, Noah Reid, Shaun Sipos, Isabel Arraiza, Olive Elise Abercrombie

Overview: A rancher fighting for his land and family stumbles upon an unfathomable mystery at the edge of Wyoming’s wilderness, forcing a confrontation with the Unknown in ways both intimate and cosmic in the untamable American West.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
oh damn, this looks like the darker, more intense big brother to Yellowstone. I can't get enough of Josh Brolin.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob

looks weird as fuck but cool cast

Yellowstone meets The Twilight Zone

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I will give it a watch. I like Josh. It has an actor from Yellowstone in it. I see he adapted to his death well.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

velk

Trakanon Raider
"...
Amen."

Lol, dude missed his calling, was clearly meant to be a priest.

For anyone unsure after ep1, I would definitely watch ep2 and see if that changes your mind - it takes a surprising turn in tone at the end.

Overall I am intrigued, it would take a spectacularly bad ep3 for me not to watch the rest.

• 1Like

Krowbar

Molten Core Raider
Was the Royal we saw at the ending the version who was pushed into the hole in episode 1? The Royal who woke up by himself had a limp from a bullet wound and scars on his back but we never saw the first Royal sustaining these injuries? It feels like they're playing musical chairs with multiverses of some sort.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It could be a multi-universe. One of the worlds could also be a version of the Elysian Fields/Heaven. The little girl creating that drawing kind of leans towards that idea. There are lots of questions that I imagine will get answered. I have to say that if Josh Brolin was not in this, I am not sure how much the concept would hold me. Its called Outer Range but it kind of feels like an episode of Outer Limits. I will keep watching as it has me a bit curious. Are there multiple worlds, cause I am still wondering where the Bison originated.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
josh brolin is awesome. havent seen the show just wanted to point that out.
1650073391958.png

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I do wish we could get past the 'I found something absolutely fucking insane... I'll make sure to tell no one about it' mode of storytelling.

The 'oh from this 19th century map its unclear who owns the land...' schtick is also a bit played out. The USGS does exist, even in "flyover states".

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
They do a pretty god job of explaining and showing why he's keeping it a secret.

I mean, the first 2 episodes only span, what? 2 days past when he hears the weird sound and finds it?

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I do wish we could get past the 'I found something absolutely fucking insane... I'll make sure to tell no one about it' mode of storytelling.

The 'oh from this 19th century map its unclear who owns the land...' schtick is also a bit played out. The USGS does exist, even in "flyover states".
We do look at maps and plats from the 1800s to figure out who owns what in some areas of the US. Especially big, rural lots that haven't been surveyed since GLO plats.
When we were doing work around Fort Rock, OR, most of the documents in the title report were from before 1910

• 1Like

Rime

<Donor>
The first episode reminded me a great deal of the old 'Mel's Hole' story from classic Coast-to-Coast AM radio.

Enjoying this, though. The second episode's ending was a big 'whoa' moment, so I am interested to see where this goes.

• 2Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The fact that the girl camper's real life name is "Imogen Poots" inspired me to continue to watch the show. School must have been rough af growing up for her.

• 2Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Imogen isnt that uncommon a name in the UK

• 1Worf

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i think it's her last name he was referring to.

• 1Like

Caliane

Was the Royal we saw at the ending the version who was pushed into the hole in episode 1? The Royal who woke up by himself had a limp from a bullet wound and scars on his back but we never saw the first Royal sustaining these injuries? It feels like they're playing musical chairs with multiverses of some sort.
seems to be "straight forward" time travel as presented. not sure why you are thinking multiverse. obviously all the "time" talk. he got the cuts on his back from the barbed wire, in ep 1. and shot in the leg in ep 2, alternate. Alternate seems to be 5-10years into the future. hippie chick started a cult in town. he's died. tillersons claimed the land and put oil rigs everywhere. someone has built a monitoring station to watch the hole. the countdown clocks, and everyone waiting suggests they knew when he was going to arrive, and were waiting.

hiding the hole at first is a bit odd. really, at the start, as bizarre as a perfectly round sink hole is, its not as weird as that chick showing up to camp. normal reaction would have been to tell the kids, put up a fence around it. take some photos. they are ranchers, so not telling news, or contacting any schools/researchers is possible. although, it would also have made sense to contact a lawyer, insurance adjuster.
There are a couple extra levels of weirdness, that suggest why this character in particular was very quiet about it.
he stuck his hand in, and had visions(of the future, "joys here", and a flashback to kids?) so, not just a sinkhole to him. Along with that, the girl insists she was drawn there. and he also apparently has some kind of connection from his missing childhood.

• 2Like
TV show information provided by The Movie Database