Outlast

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I really want to like games like this, but every time I buy/play one I don't spend more than 5-10 minutes before I quit and never pick it up again. =/

Nostrovia_sl

shitlord
Been playing it for about an hour now.

This isNOTyour typical "slender man" type horror survival. This game so far has my palms sweating something fierce.
And it's made me jump several times.. and I've never jumped at a scary movie or game. I fucking love this game.

Good times thanks for the heads up.

Pumped me for new Amnesia.
smile.png
This weekend I think?

Nostrovia_sl

shitlord
Not sure if it coms out this weekend or not. I personally found Amnesia and the others in that series a let down.
This one the other hand I'm really enjoying. Once I have the lights out and my surround on at night and get into it, it makes my palms sweat.
I also think this is the first game I've played where you see inmates butt fucking a corpse and running around naked with their junk in full view.

Troll_sl

shitlord
Not sure if it coms out this weekend or not. I personally found Amnesia and the others in that series a let down.
This one the other hand I'm really enjoying. Once I have the lights out and my surround on at night and get into it, it makes my palms sweat.
I also think this is the first game I've played where you see inmates butt fucking a corpse and running around naked with their junk in full view.
Someone in Japan did that 5 years ago.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
At minimum 5 years ago. This is Japan we're talking about here.

Nostrovia_sl

shitlord
Just beat it. It's the best horror survival game out there right now.
They did this one right.

It's about 6 to 7 hours long, depending on how lost you get. If you're into horror this is a game you will more than likely want to play.

DMBTylerWSP_sl

shitlord
This game is absolutely terrifying. Everything about it is great except the difficulty which you don't notice too much because you're usually too nervous to pay attention.

It's a true survival horror game similar to Amnesia as you're not a fighter. You can't defend yourself against shit. There are no weapons/guns to help you. You must either run or hide. I'd highly recommend this game even if it may be a bit short/easy.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
One of my buddies mentioned this game to me as I have enjoyed playing Amnesia and other horror type games. After watching the trailers on Steam I basically went "NOPE NOPE NOPE" and closed the window.

I am working up the willpower to even get this as it looks crazy scary.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
This game so far is FUCKING SCARY. I have only been scared in a few games with chills down my spine. Eternal Darkness, Slender (Which got old quick) and Amnesia. This game has had me jump about 4 times in 20 minutes. I will need to wait until the weekend so I can calm my nerves with Grey Goose. Lights out, LED Keyboard, And bose noise cancelling headphones = HOLY FUCKLENUTS.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Playing these games with an oculus rift has to be insane.
It was my assumption it has to be designed for it though correct?

Otherwise you may as well not even try.

I should try one. I never have experienced it yet.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I've never ported a game to it but there seems to be a wide birth of games ported to use one without official support from the original developers.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I've never ported a game to it but there seems to be a wide birth of games ported to use one without official support from the original developers.

Oh. I didn't know that. So is the best thing to do, wait for an official non dev kit launch? Or buy the dev kit?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Oh. I didn't know that. So is the best thing to do, wait for an official non dev kit launch? Or buy the dev kit?
I'm planning on waiting. The dev kit has a minimalist quality screen and a bunch of other typical deficiencies for being a dev kit.

They don't have a release date set, but I'm thinking next summer/fall. They have some serious capital from their kickstarter(which got 17mill iirc) so they shouldn't be financially pressured to release it.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
So, I played the first ten minutes and even though I've seen some gameplay of the beginning, the initial scare still made me jump irl. I am actually terrified at playing this game, lol. If you're into horror games, play this.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
So, I played the first ten minutes and even though I've seen some gameplay of the beginning, the initial scare still made me jump irl. I am actually terrified at playing this game, lol. If you're into horror games, play this.
Most definitely. It starts to tame down as time goes on. About 3 hours in for me I stopped being so scared and more careful. But the first three hours when you have no clue what the hell is going on.... Just wow.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
This game is terrifyingly good. Up to about minute 30 or so but I've physically been playing for about 1 1/2 hour (from camera) due to going really slow and having to go back and forth from being attacked. Shit is just intense. -.-