Outlook 2010 - Issue has me stumped!

Kinner

Clear eyes. Full Hearts. Can't lose.
Guys,

I have a computer problem that has me stumped. It is related to Outlook 2010 on a small office LAN.

The computer is a BRAND new out of the box Dell, installed all Windows patches, installed Office 2010 Pro and activate.

Proceed to setup Outlook for a POP/SMTP email setup. I have the correct ports setup etc...

Able to download all emails still on mail host. Whenever I send an email, it will go through the process of sending, move the item to sent items and act like the mail is sent, but it does not actually go through. Conversely, I send an email to the account from GMAIL or Yahoo and it receives the email. I reply to the email and it will send an email and I receive the email reply on both accounts.

Now this has happened on three computers, all brand new out of the box. The other computers on the same network are all working.

On computer number three, before activating Office 2010, I was able to successfully send/receive emails and had none of the above mentioned issues. Once I activated, I was not able to send new emails. So thinking it may be an issue with the key, I uninstalled Office and then re-installed with a known, working good Office 2010 Small Office and home version, activated, and it still does not send/receive.

Anyone ever seen anything like this or have any ideas on what to do? I am stumped currently.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
First thing I'd do is send yourself something (to the mailbox directly on the SMTP host you're sending through, not to gmail/hotmail/whatever). Does that work?

Hex

Lord Nagafen Raider
Only things I can think of are:
1) Verify any credentials specified for the SMTP server to make sure they're valid if authentication is enabled.
2) Is there something spam filtering related that might be occurring at the smtp server or software on the workstation that might monitor/scan email, AV/Security Suite that was installed etc..? It might explain the new message going outbout not working but replies from a emails that initiated a conversation going through.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Who do you have for internet? In some circumstances regardless of your email provider Comcast requires you use their outgoing SMTP address and your comcast credentials.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Sounds like SMTP to me. If you're using pop3 I assume you're on some consumer bullshit email like Yahoo or something, so double check all your SMTP as their outgoing servers are janky as shit.

If it's working on other computers use them to look up known good settings.

Also stop using pop3, please, do yourself that favor.