I'd be down for that.Should get a mod to add the game name to the title to get some web search presence.
A little of all of them.It is impressive stuff bro. Are you working on this, because?
1. Purely for your own enjoyment?
2. You want to release an indy full-fledged product?
3. Proof of concept for a potential job opportunity or kickstarter project?
Ask and ye shall receive.Almost 2 months since last update. I feel like I did a lot in that time. Website updated: www.outrivalgame.com
This video is unlisted & not on the website but has a medley of items:
- Yin Whip: Added physics to the whip, it's a little jerky but at least it moves now. Creating whip attacks is the next challenge. TBD.
- Gideon: Multi-Projectile ability. Implemented ways for an ability to fire multiple projectiles in succession or simultaneously.
- Aurora: Movespeed debuff. Implemented movement speed debuff, which is trickier than a stat debuff since it effects character movement. This ability does a 10% debuff stacking up to 50%.
- Game Start Processes: Load onto a starter island, wait for players, when target # is reached begin a countdown, then transport all players to their team's starting base.
Finished my melee attack template. A little easier than projectile abilities, but still has it's own challenges, such as how to handle weapon collision and I wanted to chain attacks together to create more natural flowing combat. In the video below Aurora has 3 abilities as a part of her primary melee attack ability. In this case it only progresses to the next attack if she deals damage (some won't require that condition, some may require other conditions, such as a specific debuff on the target),
Also in the below video is a HUD update. I battle with the HUD constantly and this is probably my 10th revamp. Hopefully it's a little more intuitive & appealing.
I'm gearing up to spend a few months on updating the entire map, more thoughtful layout and better textures. The Starter Island was my first test. Here's an initial blockout using a better landscape material:
That's all for now.
Most of my key future tasks are similar to the above update:
Spawn Island : A spawn island is a "cheat" for loading a bunch of characters into a big world. I need to create a spawn island -> game start mechanic to get things rolling smoothly.
Resource Acquisition/Expenditure (spend resource to upgrade).
Map improvements - I want to spend 2-3 months updating the entire map.
A ton More abilities
Also, Amod , I wouldn't mind a title change to something more appropriate such as "OUTRIVAL: the game I'm making" or something