OVERKILL's The Walking Dead

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just came out today. Looks pretty sweet actually. Set in Washington DC, with characters that weren't really ever part of the show.

Being compared to Payday, but with Zombies. Sounds amazing. Bought it. Add me on Steam!! Steam Community :: Crone

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
The game looks like hot garbage and they want full price for it. Hard pass.

Crone

The game looks like hot garbage and they want full price for it. Hard pass.
Was watching a stream of the game, and he made a comment that $60 is now like whoa, $60?! reaction these days.

Also heard it's like Warhammer Vermintide + Payday mixed with Zombies. The streams made it look really fun, and I've got friends to play with.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, I've got some friends that are interested once interest and price intersect.

Goonsquad Officer
anyone try this yet? my friends and I really had fun on payday 2 and want to try it, but i'm not sure if i should spring for the full edition.

Crone

I've played a dozen or so hours into it and it's pretty awesome. Just a lot of things to do outside of just character progression. There's base upgrades and follower missions, and so it makes for a lot of fun.

Just like payday, if you have friends to play with I think it's worth it.

Goonsquad Officer
we're going to give it a go it looks like. I'll write an angry post later if i can't make a transgendered character.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
RIP.

Today Skybound Entertainment released the following statement:

As of today, we have terminated our contract with Starbreeze Studios and will discontinue all efforts on OVERKILL’S THE WALKING DEAD. Our creators and their stories are the core of Skybound, and since 2014 we have worked hard to expand the world of The Walking Dead into an exceptional Co-op Action FPS. We did our best to work with Starbreeze and resolve many issues that we saw with the game, but ultimately OVERKILL’S THE WALKING DEAD did not meet our standards nor is it the quality that we were promised. We are exceedingly sorry to our fans and share their disappointment in the game. We remain dedicated to providing our fans with the most premium quality content we can offer, and will continue to look for alternative video game options for the IP.

An Update on Overkill’s The Walking Dead - Skybound Entertainment

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

RIP.

Today Skybound Entertainment released the following statement:

As of today, we have terminated our contract with Starbreeze Studios and will discontinue all efforts on OVERKILL’S THE WALKING DEAD. Our creators and their stories are the core of Skybound, and since 2014 we have worked hard to expand the world of The Walking Dead into an exceptional Co-op Action FPS. We did our best to work with Starbreeze and resolve many issues that we saw with the game, but ultimately OVERKILL’S THE WALKING DEAD did not meet our standards nor is it the quality that we were promised. We are exceedingly sorry to our fans and share their disappointment in the game. We remain dedicated to providing our fans with the most premium quality content we can offer, and will continue to look for alternative video game options for the IP.

An Update on Overkill’s The Walking Dead - Skybound Entertainment
It wasn't terrible I didn't think, but I didn't go back to it either, so RIP! I liked that it had a lot to do outside of just killing zombies. That was what you did most but it all had more purpose. I guess it had those RPG elements to it that were pretty cool.