Overwatch

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
Still learning the ways.
Me too, thus my sound problem. I went through this with starwars pvp, and began to really focus on survival. Took a few days but it really made a difference.

Sound is key. Footsteps are great if you can hear them. The more powerful the enemy the louder the footsteps supposedly. But you can definitely hear Widow's heels, and the thump of Winston's steps.

I wonder if surround headphones have improved any in the last 5 years or so? I've had 2 over the years and neither worked very well.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Been loving symmetra lately, especially on d. Helps her deva skin or whatever is best skin in game

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I don't use in game anything, just because I don't want to talk to all the randoms, or be subjected to the inane kiddie chat.

Also, it's not like I am telling people to get on discord. We're on discord already, just like, be able to talk back to me.
tongue.png

I'm far from good at this game, but being able to hear the minute details of where people are coming/shooting/invading from is really good.
I only play with RR people so I never hear anyone and the few games I had to pub I've never heard another person. You can also mute people as well.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Me too, thus my sound problem. I went through this with starwars pvp, and began to really focus on survival. Took a few days but it really made a difference.

Sound is key. Footsteps are great if you can hear them. The more powerful the enemy the louder the footsteps supposedly. But you can definitely hear Widow's heels, and the thump of Winston's steps.

I wonder if surround headphones have improved any in the last 5 years or so? I've had 2 over the years and neither worked very well.
My hyper x II I just bought are great for this and comfy

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Thats whats kind of awesome about this game though is the troll-effect. It opens up new possibilities like we just saw on that Genji gif. We played a team of 6 Genjis yesterday and it was super annoying until 3 people switched to Junkrat and I went Hanzo. We won. I dont mind shit like that honestly lol.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Now that people seem to have a grasp on this game the ragers are starting to take over. Ranked play where are you.

Crone

I only play with RR people so I never hear anyone and the few games I had to pub I've never heard another person. You can also mute people as well.
I play quite a bit of Solo queue, but I've heard someone talk maybe 10% of the time. It's never a problem. Guess I've been lucky.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I love how seagull misses a couple shots and talks about how he's rusty with Hanzo, then proceeds to eliminate the entire enemy team.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I love how seagull misses a couple shots and talks about how he's rusty with Hanzo, then proceeds to eliminate the entire enemy team.
I can't even see half the people he's killing with Hanzo.

Center screen it's just "Eliminated, Eliminated, Eliminated ..."

spronk

FPS noob
to practice chars I'd really recommend this weeks brawl mode, which I think resets on tuesday? Its great since you have a ton more HP and cooldowns are shortened so you can use abilities much faster. It does make for some crazy games, like 10 minute overtimes when its 6 mei's vs 6 winstons

symettra is the one char I just can't seem to play, she has so little HP and half of her abilities seem questionable - like her mini turrets are useful in a few spots but most of the places they seem to get destroyed by AOErs too easy, and her teleport is great on offensive pushes near the end but not that useful otherwise. Zarya's shields seem way better and Zarya's AOE is insane.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Sludig#1780

Not on much probably for now and micless for a wee bit till I dig out my headset. Still preoccupied with work and installing 300g reef.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Maybe I'm being naive and missing something but why are you guys using a voice comm program when the in game voice comm is pretty awesome already?

Fadaar

That guy
If anyone cares to add me, Fadaar#1213. Funny thing about my Battletag, first time I saw mine I thought the number wasn't random.... because it's my birthday (Dec 13th). Blizz trolling the fuck out of me.

Evernothing

symettra is the one char I just can't seem to play, she has so little HP and half of her abilities seem questionable - like her mini turrets are useful in a few spots but most of the places they seem to get destroyed by AOErs too easy, and her teleport is great on offensive pushes near the end but not that useful otherwise. Zarya's shields seem way better and Zarya's AOE is insane.
Symmettra's teleporter is actually really good for Defender team on the first objective as well, or at the start of defense on a payload. But he usefulness for Defenders falls off later in the match if they push to your base.