Overwatch

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well someone found a way around the leaver penalty, he was AFK in our spawn room for the last 2 matches of a KotH game. Probably was pressing a key every now and again to avoid inactivity.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
The biggest hole to my game is not being really great at any offense heroes. I end up playing soldier there more than anything but wish I was better at reaper or pharah. Need quick play practice I guess.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Reaper is all about flanking. It's easy to fall into the trap of engaging head on but really you want to take out stragglers and tanks from behind b

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Soldier is kinda boring because I have such a hard time finishing anyone off. Played pharah for the first time and did pretty well, she might be my new s76. Solo finishing power and if everyone gets a group can pull off some bigtime shit

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
Pharah is probably one of the easiest classes to carry with right now, definitely worth learning. Reaper is really really strong but only against certain comps or maps, he's definitely not a 'run into everything' type of player with the exceptions being: if they are heavy in tanks or if its a KOTH map , he seems to do really well there. He's actually quite nice to carry with at low rankings because if you aim properly nearly everything dies in a hit or two, you get health off their death, you have somewhat of an escape and you can flank easily which also punishes uncoordinated/unexperienced teams since they dont hear the voiceline from teleport or his footsteps. Those skill levels where you can just mosey up behind an entire team and kill them all in two hits without any of them turning around. Kind of like this:

Reaper snuck up to say Hello.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Oh well, game finally got to me to the point that I rage quit a competitive game...with 3 Symmetra in Lijiang Tower KotH map.

I think it's time for an extended break of Overwatch.
frown.png

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
Oh well, game finally got to me to the point that I rage quit a competitive game...with 3 Symmetra in Lijiang Tower KotH map.

I think it's time for an extended break of Overwatch.
frown.png
Some people have been doing that in QM, we had a laugh, its fine and what QM is there for. Even had an offensive symm today, but what sort of fuckwits would do this in competitive? I'd be pretty angry with that sort of thing shitting up comp games too.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Some people have been doing that in QM, we had a laugh, its fine and what QM is there for. Even had an offensive symm today, but what sort of fuckwits would do this in competitive? I'd be pretty angry with that sort of thing shitting up comp games too.
shit this happens all the time in the low 40's and 30's. Thats what makes it so hard to get out of. Ill do good gain about 5 levels, then you get grouped up with a few folks who play hanzo or symmetra on the wrong map or you get a group that refuses to tank or heal so you end up having to pick your poison because you cant leave before the match starts. If i was able too, there would be so many /quits i would do out of competivie because of stupid people.

I know im not the best player in the world and probably not that good, but i know if you work together and try to communicate you could at least put up fights most of the time. The frustration is real.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Ran into this super annoying double Zarya comp for like 3 games in a row. Seriously a pain to deal with it without idiots supercharging the zaryas.

Cybsled

Reapers and Tracers will own Zarya hard if they are good at flanking. The one thing to exploit is if a Zarya has high energy and sense they are in danger of dying, they will try to run away to conserve their energy.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
It feels so drastic to me to have one bad match drop you as much as 90% of a rank. I understand their calculations probably go beyond that one number I get to see, but I hate having an off night leading to a free fall in rank. I hover in the high 40s normally and I generally am pretty happy with the competition there. Yesterday I had an awful stretch and fell all the way to 42. This had me matched with people in the 30s for the first time. Not fun.

Probably sounds like I'm just complaining and maybe I am. Someone that's 60 probably feels the same about people in the 50s as I do about people in the 30s. Just frustrating to go from good games to awful games so quickly.

As far as the champion comments. Yeah, I'm aware reaper plays a lot differently than Soldier. I think the thought there is simply that since I'm so used to hitscan from S76 that another non projectile character might be easier to learn. The real truth though is I just need to put quick play time into pharah. It's just frustrating how bad I am with her.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Ranking up is a farce right now as long as the Leaver penalties aren't fixed. I wouldn't worry about the ratings so much atm and just enjoy competitive for the better games.

As embarrassing as it is to admit, I ended up losing a 6v5 and lost about 50% a level but then won a 5v6 and gained 10%... then won a 6v5 and gained 10%. It's just too screwed up to do any consistent climbing.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
After a goodnight sleep, I thought I'll give it another try...this is what happened in competitive.

rrr_img_136640.jpg

This is after we failed to defend, because on Point B, our Mei walled us in the spawn room.

I love the game, but this is getting tiresome...I know I am not a great player...only ranked 39, but this shit happens every few games. I would say that 1/3 either doesn't have a healer or a tank, or has stupid team like that.

At this rank, I think people just play it over QP because the games are generally better, but don't take it seriously at all.

Fury

Silver Knight of the Realm
That's odd, I thought you had to be level 25 to play in competitive. But the ss above shows 2 level 18's if I read that right. Oh, and can anyone explain what the stars under the characters indicate?