Overwatch

Cybsled

Yup, headshots give no bonus dmg. Her shots also prioritize what is nearest to you, so if you try to shoot an enemy and an ally steps in front, the ally will get healed.

with this game in competitive its ok to tell someone that certain characters dont work with certain maps. If it backfires oh well, i have had enough of people not being that good with a character in a bad map for that character.
First thing is there is a vast difference between a true trash pick like bastions on open terrain KoTH maps and picking an offensive hero who aside from Mcree after his nerfs are all pretty well rounded in to a map they may be weaker on. Tracer, Soldier, Reaper, and Pharah (although she does have issues on some more enclosed maps) can pretty much be picked on any map or mode depending on your team comp and the enemies. Tracer is hardly ever useless unless the enemy team is running a double healer/double tank or tri tank comp. If they do I switch to reaper. If they aren't then I'm behind their pushes all day destroying their supports or distracting actual attacking champs in to fruitless chases. This game isn't so inflexible below the pro range that you can't make slightly weaker setups work as long as the players are competent. The best part about it is that Tracer is super strong particularly on certain defensive maps, Anubis being one of them.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Also I think it was Noddle that was talking about Seagull and team stuff/stream stuff.

I was watching the stream yesterday as well. It sounds like there is maybe some team drama or stuff going on with the team that we are likely to find out about in a few days.
Yeah that's the impression I got. I'd like to see him stream much more

Needless

Toe Sucker
Seagull is so absurdly good at this game lol, he can carry hard regardless of the character.

I thought it would be pretty hard to get POTG as Ana but i got 3 tonight, 1 was really weird though, pretty much a straight abuse of the system which is kinda funny.
Enemy Reinhardt ults, dies (from a nano boosted zenyatta i gave him and an ulted winston). I heal the downed winston a few times. Turn around and deny a deadeye so i got credit for 2 ult denials?

Weird POTG lol

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Jesus the dva shield change is zzzzzzzzz. Combine that with Zaryra shielding people and you arent gonna hit shit.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
D'va is still weak as a tank and doesnt do the damage of a zarya or roadhog to justify the pick. Ana is terrible unless your in the higher skilled games. Pretty bad buffs/new heroes for most players.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Did they give a reason for reverting the Mercy Damage Boost back to 30%? I thought they were all about her primary source of damage being the boost?

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Because a boosted McCree was doing over 200 damage headshots, and basically 1 shotting almost every hero in the game beside tanks and a few others.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
D'va is still weak as a tank and doesnt do the damage of a zarya or roadhog to justify the pick. Ana is terrible unless your in the higher skilled games. Pretty bad buffs/new heroes for most players.
Yup pretty much D'vas weird role is bum rushing people like snipers or supports in the back field and just running/boosting around causing chaos.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Ana feels weird because her lack of mobility means that she really can't get into "sniper" positions without running up lots of stairs etc. Even if you do find a nice position to heal from a distance from the battle invariably moves on a bit and then you are stuck out of position and trying to hoof it over to someplace else while the team calls out for heals. In practice I was doing much better using her as a slightly more offensive Mercy but that just looks awkward as hell with her dragging around this big sniper rifle.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Ana is far from terrible lol, shes just not tits up easy to play like literally every other support in terms of healing. Her grenade and sleep dart is sooooo good, needless to say her ult is broken af when used on a few characters like S76/Rein

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
All the Ana streams I've watched has the player right in the midrange mix and shooting from the hip. Rarely taking a sniper position.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I somewhat disagree. With DVa you can now matrix over basically your entire team while Lucio speed boosts you past a choke. She is now more reliable in that regard of being able to notice that a friendly target is being targetted by an enemy and quickly draping your matrix overtop of them. In my limited play with her last night I was constantly putting my matrix overtop my ranged DPS so that the pesky Pharah or McCree couldn't actually hit them. I think the biggest issue with DVa is the mentality of just because youcandive really effectively with her youmustdive with her. But now, IMO, she somewhat fills Rein's role of being able to push a team past a choke. Still not as good as Rein as securing space obviously.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
D'Va matrix has always been OP as fuck. I shut down both Deadeye and Death Blossum ults simultaneously in Volskaya point B as offense. Just pop matrix and your team is immune from projectiles. Can knock out turrets/bastion/whatever easily.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
The problem with Ana right now, and probably for the next few days is that people don't know how to play her, or play with her on your team.

She's not an easy character to play. She has one of the highest skill cap in the game.

The first issue is people are not used to having a 2 healers support team. They think she can solo heal, which she can under certain circumstances but generally it's not a good idea to have her solo heal.

The second issue is people think she is a sniper and try to play her like Widowmaker, she doesn't play play like that at all. She's really a midrange hero that can snipe a little. Most of you shooting will be unscoped from the hip. She's awesome at sniping a friendly Rein that just charged into a group of enemies...and if you're good at throwing your grenade that has essentially unlimited range, you throw it in the group he just charged, they get no heals, and he gets a bonus to heal received that you're doing from a distance sniping...and if you miss him, you're probably hitting an enemy near him.
smile.png

The third issue, is getting good at positioning yourself to get a good line of sight to all of your allies. You have to be careful...the hitbox for the heals is HUGE, and you will often get your heals intercepted by an ally standing between you and your target, or have an ally walk in front of you intercepting your heal intended for someone else. That is most likely the most annoying thing about playing Ana.

The fourth issue is the sleep dart. First don't waste it sleeping random enemies. It has a long cooldown, and it's your only escape ability. So make sure you use it carefully. Second, try to communicate that you're going to sleep a target when you can so your team doesn't break the sleep...which they always do anyways.
smile.png
You can sleep a dragonblading Genji, but if he is woken right away, he is still under the effect of his ultimate and will slice everyone apart, let him sleep off.
smile.png

She's tons of fun to play once you and your team get used to her. I loved her on the PTR, I found last night extremely frustrating both playing her and playing with her on my team as people are simply not used to her...mostly refusing to get a second healer and asking her to switch because she sucks.

Same happens with Zenyatta, he's not great at solo heals...people are still asking others to switch off him to a Mercy or Lucio rather than have another healer in the group.

It looks like the 2 healers meta from PTR hasn't reached live server yet.
smile.png

Xevy

Log Wizard
Zenyatta is the new Soldier 76. Great all around character and completely negates Ults/Tanks.

D'va's new shield is a bit too powerful. Completely counter pharah/junkrat nearly nonstop and eats a ton of Ults. Projecting her shield over a death blossom Reaper is GG. Her explosion time is at the point where unless you see the suit bomb come at you and know where it is, you're probably fucked.

Ana is a really fun character. She's great paired with a Mercy or Zenyatta. Lucio is good too, but he can often negate the need for her. Ulting an Angry Winston/Reinhardt/Reaper is pretty awesome. Fuck, we had people Ulting other Ana's last night and I would just run around blasting nerds with darts for half their hp each hit. Ana's darts also seem to completely bypass Armor making her great for Bastions/Dvas. Definitely a skill character. Plenty of retards stay way back and try to snipe and are probably only 30% effective. Her dart is great but often hard to hit small targets. I mostly use it to counter roadhog after he pulls me or Reinhardt after he charges backlines and into a wall. Her grenade is a team killer. Pop it in the soup and watch your team melt everyone. Ridiculous.

Not sure she needs changes, she seems to be in a pretty good spot. I think D'Va shield needs to be toned down for sure. McCree is only a problem now with good McCrees, which I don't encounter many of.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I think McCree is pretty OP again. He does pretty insanity long range damage. Also he builds ult much quicker because you can LMB spam useless damage from range.

I think if DVa is in game your team is required to have a Lucio or a competent Rein. If you don't have a barrier or a speed boost its really easy to get killed by the ult.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
More top-level players saying the McCree buff is OP, and even goes against the character design. Fan the hammer was already almost noob-trap level skill and now it really should almost never ever be used. McCree's midrange damage is just too strong to waste bullets on FtH. I have to agree with the sentiment that buffing his range does nothing to improve his supposed role as an anti-flanker too, which he kinda sucks at still. Right now he's basically just going to be autopick at high levels once people get a feel for it and it'll remove S76/Pharah from the roster as a side effect. The fact that they undid a buff to Mercybecause of McCree's damageis kind of telling.