Overwatch

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I can hear I just don't talk. I'm shy!

Were you guys talking in the group channel or the team channel? I am usually set to join the team channel.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
been doin some competitive. super annoying when people dont stay together and go in solo to die, i've been goin mercy to ensure we have a good healer but cant do shit when people just run ahead and die alone. fucking pugs

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I want some changes so bad I'm half tempted to go work there to make em:

Junkrat grenade bounce noises. This is such a terrible oversight and easy to fix.
Rein hammer shouldn't knock people down in midair.
Hog's chain is about 20x too long.

Someone come and save me from the Hanjos and attack dorfs

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I just had a wacky game. We attacked on Dorado and couldn't get out the door we were getting beat down so bad. I was healing as Mercy. With 30 seconds left I switched to Phara and began a nonstop rain of punishment. Ended with 62 kills. Zarya set me up for ults a few times, it was brutal. We had no healer the whole time and nobody even noticed haha.

^ funny vid

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Thanks for all the games yesterday. I went up a bit. Another day or two of that and I could play with Krovvy!

nevergone

Low IQ Vegan Pacifist
<Gold Donor>
Having fun this morning playing Sym in competitive. It's amazing how much people yell at me to change to a different character even when we're winning.

People really don't understand her and because she's an uncommon pick on competitive, she seems to surprise enemy teams frequently.

My favorite is sneaking behind the enemy, creating a line of traps they have to deal with to get back to their team and then eventually dropping a teleporter so my entire team can flank them. Works like a charm, maintaining 70% winrate.

sike

Silver Knight of the Realm
At what rank though nevergone? I'm playing in Diamond and sometimes Symmetra can work, but it's very map dependent. On another note, I don't think I've seen a single torb at 3k+.

nevergone

Low IQ Vegan Pacifist
<Gold Donor>
At what rank though nevergone? I'm playing in Diamond and sometimes Symmetra can work, but it's very map dependent. On another note, I don't think I've seen a single torb at 3k+.

Just gold, on the cusp of plat. I'm not saying she's a God, but the reaction from teams is always grating when she actually can work. The whole tier list is horseshit and heavily dependent on skill.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Syn works in diamond against certain lineups. She is also one of the only hard counters to heavy Rein shield pushes, since the squishies behind him have to spread out to avoid losing most of their HP to Sym's rclick. She is also good against genji flanks. Little jumping bitch ain't jumping so fast anymore when he is getting microwaved from multiple directions, and a few well placed turrets can slow down his ultimate rampage of death slightly.

nevergone

Low IQ Vegan Pacifist
<Gold Donor>
Syn works in diamond against certain lineups. She is also one of the only hard counters to heavy Rein shield pushes, since the squishies behind him have to spread out to avoid losing most of their HP to Sym's rclick. She is also good against genji flanks. Little jumping bitch ain't jumping so fast anymore when he is getting microwaved from multiple directions, and a few well placed turrets can slow down his ultimate rampage of death slightly.

I definitely experience that on her as well.
Blizzard said recently that people aren't playing her correctly, apparently she's not supposed to be an area denial character. They were ambiguous in terms of saying how she's supposed to be played though.

I usually set up a few turrets along payload paths or objectives and then try to sneak off to block points of entry so as my team scores kills the enemy is slowed down drastically when they try to come back and we have advance notice when I announce someone's being friend by my sentries.

She does have issues though. Shields aren't that hot, teleporter has wonky characteristics and charges slowly, and her sentries should alert team mates similar to widow and hanzo vision.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Hey I'm looking for people to play with maybe in some sort of semi competitive group or even just quick matches.

I usually play every night I'm not awful and I want to get better.

PM me for my battletag I can't post it because I have stalkers.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Hey I'm looking for people to play with maybe in some sort of semi competitive group or even just quick matches.

I usually play every night I'm not awful and I want to get better.

PM me for my battletag I can't post it because I have stalkers.

I'm Brando01#1455, add me.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
This past weekend I clawed my way back up to Rank 2300 (from 1800's) and I did it mostly thanks to Sym. I play exclusively solo on console, and finally got sick of watching my teamates try to press like it is CoD instead of actually defend points on defense. They spread out, try and press and eventually die. EVERY. TIME. Getting that teleporter down on a Point A has saved my team countless times and I still end up getting gold for kills. I'm on a 16 game win streak right now using Sym/Zen/Reaper pretty much exlusively.

I'm sure this wouldn't be the case if I wasn't a console peasant, but the lack of communication on ps4 really changes the meta of the game.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
In pro games? Sure, probably not. In QP/Comp? Even Seagull plays Sym sometimes :p

Seagull also has the luxury of being the best player in almost every game he plays. At more middling MMR where everyone is more or less equally good/bad having an inferior hero can really be a detriment. I forget who said it but Symettra plays out like a "win harder" hero. If your team is rolling and snowballing sure she seems godly but chances are in games like that you could have played almost any hero and gotten similar results. I don't gripe when people pick her (though I feel she is extraordinarily niche and personally only play her Numbani A) but I'd almost always prefer any other flex hero.