Overwatch

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
3 win 3 draw and 3 loss i think? ranked 2600 something if anyone wants to play. My team usually complains about me a lot when we lose so it'd be good to play with you nice people.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Method did good! The vod for the day just kind of ended though. Maybe twitch has a limit of x amount of hours. Anyone see any place to see the last match of the day?

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ehh, see.. now if both teams; rare situation but also less dense on both sides of the specrtum.. void x player, then we are back to the drawing board. Hes bounced between two teams that essentially don't want him, and extremely rare scenario.. but as Tigole said, the player in question was a widow main that was basically just ostracized by everyone in his rank.. so whether the player was good, or the fact he was an always widow.. he was avoided by everyone essentially going into the next paragraph. With adding "percent" or "weight" it could easily be in the idea that he will either go the team that is less weighed versus the team more weighed against. Therefor, if you and your friends are a bunch of dps mains, and dont' want other dps mains on your team... it works more into your favor that you don't get the additional dps main. It could even be adjusted to where its value is gauged by the density of the rank/group rating.

By giving everyone their own weight to an equation.. it does add a bit of more complexity, but you and me could queue together.. you could hate the fucking shit out of player x, while I didn't mind him at all. Reminds me of a game I had w/ a Winston, his entire time he spoke ape.. my friend was going nuts over discord pissed as fuck, I couldn't stop laughing and loving every minute of this guy; would queue again 10/10.

The previous (and current system of "prefer") is already "weighted", it's not 100%. One person on a team having a player on avoid was less impactful than 4-5 players on the team having that person on avoid. What I'm getting at is that you're basically suggesting the same system that existed, but adding a complicated explanation and numbers to confuse readers when trying to get support, AND not including the thing everyone already previously supported (albeit not in enough numbers at the time to fix it), of not influencing the enemy team comp with "avoid". The numbers you suggest as weights are almost certainly much lighter than were used but regardless, the effect is the same. The major, major point of the weight not hitting players you face is that it moves it more to a "avoid people I don't want on my team" place, where it was intended, and it makes it way more unlikely an entire bracket would ostracize a player that doesn't deserve it.

If NO ONE in an entire bracket wants to play with a person for toxicity/lack-of-fun... well they would really re-evaluate themselves. Blizzard scrapped an entire system because of an outlier case anyway, but they could fix that underlying cause and reintroduce it and keep on eye on it. If one person in the whole game gets avoided out just for skill they can manually fix that, you have to be comfortable with the fact that no system is ever immune to outliers.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Streaked up to 2700 but fell back down to 2600 a day later. Was thinking I could get Diamond but those 300-400 points are going to be a grind I suspect. Every 100 points seems to be a new "tier" of players. Coordination/communication/etc seem to get tighter as you climb, for the opponents too, though.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Brother is about to play against C9 again. Winner goes to single elimination bracket and loser goes home. Dicks out for Krawnnic.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I haven't watched an absolute buttfuckton of this tournament yet (will watch almost all of today) but it seems incredibally smooth. With esports coverage you expect about 50% gameplay, 25% talk/interview, 25% downtime. So far this seems to have like 5% downtime.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Very close! Method did really well. Twitch is sucking for me today, had to drop the quality down to medium to keep it from stalling.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Was pumped going into the 3rd map and was left disappointed. Proud of them though because i think they atleast showed they can come close to hanging with t1 teams.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Was pumped going into the 3rd map and was left disappointed. Proud of them though because i think they atleast showed they can come close to hanging with t1 teams.
You should get your brother to write some content here and we'll give him a free premium junkies membership

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I think I'm about done with this season. The run of losses where you get stupid comps that at least in your mind is 99% of the reason why you lost just gets old really quick. Usually I'll switch to a healer if need be but after 7-10 games in a row of first pick Hanzo's that don't do shit and won't switch or you pick DPS first and then you suddenly start the game with 3-4 other dps and no healer just is mind boggling. I plateaued out at 2400, maybe that's the issue? Just shit tier regardless I guess.