Overwatch

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Gauze. They're "balancing" hanzo the wrong way is what he's (everyones) saying. Using stupid hitboxes and then dialing anything else to compensate is gay, a hitbox should be a hitbox. Widow doesn't just continually jump and shitpilefire, why is that?

Yeah I know what they mean; but there is no real way around it. I mean they could give the 'gitgud' seal of approval and go with the no gracious hitbox. I went to check out the difference in the hitbox since I haven't look since the original nerf. There is zero spacing to the left and right, and a little bit of a half short crosshair above. Regardless, that in itself holds very little substance in the grand scheme of things; it just seems the more on complaint is the idea of heading around a corner into an arrow, the only thing to change that is lower/faster projectile speed, make an arrow brighter, or make him a hitscan. It won't really change him from sending shots down range; so long as hes a projectile.

His kit is a difficult one to even contemplate without changing core values ie sonic/scatter/wall climb. Unless they do something crazy like giving him a flat value on his arrow and making it where the travel distance/speed is the effect of a charge but that sounds awful; you'd get machine gun zo in the front line.

Hanzo in truth, is really easy to deal with but its neglected that hes any different from any other hero that is 'counterable' Even at my elo, I watch streamers and people struggle on trying to figure out what to do against me but can't. Widow, you can avoid sightlines, but hanzo is in the fights.. so how do you avoid that? You aggress. The longer hanzo sits comfortably throwing shots, the more he is going to excel; good or bad. It's why this meta has been troublesome for even me, its so chaotic with 76 flippin around high ground, dva flanking or flying up and down, winstons going around, and your usual genji pick. I have to utilize a malposition to even be remotely useful as a hanzo, so many arrows shot next to a rein shield only to have a support walk into it.

But in all truth, I only defend because people cry random, and though I don't play at lower elo aside from QP where the autist roam free.. hearing the cries of random always sadden me to the days of me deagling in 1.6. People crying randy though it has been consistent 1 deags for the last 18 deaths, makanosense. I won't deny that I do infact get random arrow kills, more than any other champion but its also something that one cannot rely on.

And if you really can't win a duel against a hazno. protip; bind mousewheel up or down to crouch and send it spinning. Did it in the arcade last night with some friends, much lul. On hanamura mystery, I did that on defense against a widow who was cracking shots at me through the window as tracer singing walk like an egyptian. She shot about 16 shots, only hit me once. On snowbrawl, though I didn't win, I manage to salvage a 4v1 snowball fight where they all charged me, and walled me in one of the stairwells with a mixture of shift crouchspam jump; all while screaming at the top of my lungs.

Last edited:

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Its pretty easy to play around Hanzo. Rule #1 is you never peek a Hanzo because you'll lose. Rule #2 is never walk into an obvious sonic. Rule #3 is stand behind Reinhardt.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I just got the kill 4 without missing in Meiball. Just need the kill the peeps picking up snow achievement and I've gotten them all!

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I just got the kill 4 without missing in Meiball. Just need the kill the peeps picking up snow achievement and I've gotten them all!

That shits hard, because if they see you they stop. If they know you're in the area they just wall you off etc. I've gotten 2 so many times :(

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I'm watching a chinese tourney. No telling what manner of diseases I've picked up via this flash player.

Oddly, the spectator clients are in english mode, and it isn't a tournament client, as I think those usually have skins disabled.

The player does that strange thing where bits of moon letters come scrolling across the screen now and then. I wonder if those are user comments or something?

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Sorry if you try to join my group and get denied. I'm playing with my streamer friend and he likes to keep the group open to viewers. He's a small streamer so I understand.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Symmetra feels pretty retarded with these changes. My team of Sym, Hanzo, Mei, Zen, D'Va and Pharah completely stoned a meta comp on defense, and these guys were all fairly to very bad players. The shield gen just makes everyone so tanky, and Pharah especially is really hard to take down with the extra HP that also regens. I'll do some more testing, but every map I've seen a shield gen go up on, the tide turns swiftly in favor of the Symmetra team and there's not a whole lot the other side can do about it.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Argh

ScreenShot_16-12-15_10-23-29-000.jpg

nevergone

Low IQ Vegan Pacifist
<Gold Donor>
Symmetra feels pretty retarded with these changes. My team of Sym, Hanzo, Mei, Zen, D'Va and Pharah completely stoned a meta comp on defense, and these guys were all fairly to very bad players. The shield gen just makes everyone so tanky, and Pharah especially is really hard to take down with the extra HP that also regens. I'll do some more testing, but every map I've seen a shield gen go up on, the tide turns swiftly in favor of the Symmetra team and there's not a whole lot the other side can do about it.

In my experience (Symmetra main here) having someone on the other team go Tracer or Sombra and make it their mission to bring down the generator usually invalidates Symmetra enough that she'll be compelled to switch.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider

I mean, I've been in games where the enemy team got 0 points and we had no healers. It's pretty hard to get a read on balance when there's so much variance :p have to see it for a couple weeks probably to get a feel but so far, to me, she seems in a pretty good place. Out of all the characters S76 is the closest I would say to being OP. I still wish they'd gone with the increased clip over increased damage but meh.

I had a pretty funny game in No Limits last night to warm up, played Pharah into FOUR S76's + Ana + Zen, and I was doing great. Gold medals all around and mostly only died when I ulted. Was good practice I guess for being evasive :p It would be funny to think that none of them could complain about no one killing me when they're literally all counters.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Random question - do all boxes have the same % chance of dropping the christmas skins? I've been messing around on a smurf account that I get way more boxes on because it's lower level. Are these the same drop % as the higher level boxes?

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I think I'm at 100% win rate with Symm after the patch, but that's only like 3-4 games lol.
I still only play her on Defense but she seems to really lock down chokes now. Her E is very good imo.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Her weapon hurts like a biatch, been playng mcree and i try to keep my distance from her lol

Xevy

Log Wizard
Best thing about her E? Follow it. Fucking nut up and run behind that thing left-click ablazin' and murder everyone. It's hilarious.

I kept Ana Ulting our Symm and just pocketing her as she raped everyone. No runspeed boost? Not a problem! Laser is now approximately 90 feet long!