Overwatch

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I might have used the wrong adjectives but bottom-line is that it's completely out of character. She's traveling all over the world fighting baddies and being goofy as fuck at the same time. How the hell does she have a serious relationship? Now if this "Emily" character was another Hero that was her "partner" then.. yea, ok. But so far we have zero evidence that this Emily chick will ever be a Hero in the game. Does Tracer even have any dialogue mentioning her name anywhere?

Again, all I'm saying is that this is forced as fuck. It's just here to cater to the real-world social climate.

Have you actually, like, met very many people IRL? I know people EXACTLY like this. Not to mention every single argument you make could be said for every comic book "romance" in history since forever and people deal with those. Fact is some people have serious relationships despite having very different schedules and lifestyles. Fact is there's as many different kinds of relationships as there are pairs (or triples, or quads) of people. You may as well ask why Torb is forced hetero (presumably). It's all arbitrary writing decisions, every choice is as forced as the last.

Basically I'm saying your argument is just opinion bias and it's dumb :p If you have any factual evidence of anything untowards, by all means, but otherwise just quit hating on sexy lesbos imo.

• 2SJW
Reactions: 1 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Have you actually, like, met very many people IRL? I know people EXACTLY like this. Not to mention every single argument you make could be said for every comic book "romance" in history since forever and people deal with those. Fact is some people have serious relationships despite having very different schedules and lifestyles. Fact is there's as many different kinds of relationships as there are pairs (or triples, or quads) of people. You may as well ask why Torb is forced hetero (presumably). It's all arbitrary writing decisions, every choice is as forced as the last.

Basically I'm saying your argument is just opinion bias and it's dumb :p If you have any factual evidence of anything untowards, by all means, but otherwise just quit hating on sexy lesbos imo.

The fuck?

"forced hetero"
"factual evidence of anything untowards"
"I know people EXACTLY like this"
"Have you...met very many people IRL"

I just wanted to highlight some very humorous remarks in this comment.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Overwatch has also been shut down for a while now. It seems like Tracer is pretty settled down in the UK.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Lesbian Tracer comic?

Doesn't even show up on my outrage scale. I see nothing contradictory about her pre-comic lore that would make me disapprove of this revelation.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I think it is cool that we can talk about this kind of stuff. The characters have so much "character" that you can have your own ideas about what they are like.

I hope I can make something someday so good that people write stories and make art based on my characters.

Tenks

I can't wait until Dva is nerfed. What a completely anti-fun hero to play against. Defense matrix exists only to shut down everything and it is super unfun to play against her.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I can't wait until Dva is nerfed. What a completely anti-fun hero to play against. Defense matrix exists only to shut down everything and it is super unfun to play against her.
Also. Dva is in every. Fucking. Match. Ever.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Yea I'm torn on her. Sucks to play against her but she's a good safety valve for things that might get too out of control. She's had so many buffs, I think her Matrix needs to stop absorbing projectiles and instead allows them to collide with the matrix. This way splash damage can still affect things at least. It would still absorb hit-scans like McCree/76/Reaper but to counter the D'Va you can be Pharah/Junk instead. Only good counter is Mei atm imo.

Tenks

I think a good first step to toning her down would simply be to lower the arc of defense matrix. It is massive. Bigger than the graphic leads you to believe.

Tenks

Her ult is completely fine IMO. My beef with her is mostly her HP pool now and defense matrix uptime/usefulness.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
D'Va ult bothers me the least.
I seriously hate Reinhardt Ult lol.
I flee the scene when I know he has ult up, the arc and range is so huge.

Tenks

I swear when I play Rein his ult range is 5 feet. When I play against Rein his ult is a heat seeking fissure.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm

There need to be some projectiles that it doesn't block or sumtin.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
The only thing that bothers me about Rein ult is that he uses it on the street and you get hit on the top of the Empire State Building.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea I'm torn on her. Sucks to play against her but she's a good safety valve for things that might get too out of control. She's had so many buffs, I think her Matrix needs to stop absorbing projectiles and instead allows them to collide with the matrix. This way splash damage can still affect things at least. It would still absorb hit-scans like McCree/76/Reaper but to counter the D'Va you can be Pharah/Junk instead. Only good counter is Mei atm imo.

I know what you mean on her, I'm pretty much the same way... although she doesn't feel that insane to play as, playing against her can be super frustrating sometimes. Much like Rein shield you can force her to burn through her matrix and fall back but seems pretty rare to get much advantage from that in random games. Whereas when I'm playing her I absorb like 4 bullets and a rocket and then my matrix is spent and suddenly my team is overrun :p

Something longer range than Mei snowblower or Zarya beam that impacts her would help but that almost defeats her purpose. Roadhog kinda does since you can hook her but unless your team piles on during the hook animation she can just fly away.

The game as a whole is pretty well balanced right now, at least for non-pro-play. S76 stands out a little bit as strong and D.Va as a little bit annoying, but almost all the balance changes since the McCree overbuff one have been super on point. Really shows what a good design team can achieve vs. a crappy one, even in the same company (*cough* Hearthstone *cough*)