Overwatch

xzi

Mouthbreather
Definitely seen wrong, lmao.

However CS:GO is probably the worst cesspool of people with microphones. Thank shit you can mute everyone with voice_enable 0. I can't remember the last time I had voice enabled in any casual modes for more than 3 minutes at a time.

Column_sl

shitlord
Definitely seen wrong, lmao.

However CS:GO is probably the worst cesspool of people with microphones. Thank shit you can mute everyone with voice_enable 0. I can't remember the last time I had voice enabled in any casual modes for more than 3 minutes at a time.
Which imo defeats the point of casual mode with VOIP if you have all the randoms muted.

For your own set team I seriously doubt you will be using an in game VOIP.

xzi

Mouthbreather
No shit. But more people are casual than competitive in every game and we're talking about voip in Overwatch by comparing current voip in other games.

Column_sl

shitlord
No shit. But more people are casual than competitive in every game and we're talking about voip in Overwatch by comparing current voip in other games.
Im not comparing VOIP in other genres like Tower Defense. I said specifically it will be as bad or even worse then CSGO.

So the VOIP will be pretty much useless to anyone if everyone is a fucking troll.

How the hell will Blizzard enforce anything in a F2P game? Report system for voice chat? don't make me laugh.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
From my experience it always feels like there is 1 troll and then everyone can't stop responding to him. Now that Blizzard has extended the "global silence" idea maybe that will help and people will be overall less toxic if the one person isn't allowed to speak to incite everyone.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
I just fucked around last night to get a feel for the game, no coms for it. I'll get in those tonight and let the good times roll.

For someone that doesn't play FPS games I am having a lot of fun. Trying to play noob friendly Heroes and supports to not be completely fucking worthless with varying degrees of success. Out of maybe 10 games or so last night only 1 was a total shitfest that we lost in like 4 minutes, actually won like my first 5 games, lost a couple, won a couple.

The only map I didn't like so far was the one with the water, because I fell in it in a few different places because I am terrible.

I at least tried all the Heroes out in practice mode, played like 4 or 5 in actual games, they all seem really fun though.

Tenks

I don't know if you guys saw but they datamined out a bunch of sprays for the heroes. I assume that will be a microtransaction possibility as well. Maybe even give it the Steam Workshop approach where you can sell your art.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
A lot of the streamers seemed to be using the in-game push-to-talk voice for their team and just chatting normally with their viewers. I tend to avoid the more... annoying... streamers though.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I think you can change which 'channel' your voice com works for which is nice. You can toggle it between your Team, or if you premake you can set it to your 'party' or something like that which is nice?

I really don't see why they would make sprays a microtransaction, skins yes absolutely i can see that.. but sprays seem like they're more of a you leveled up that character, have a spray that you just unlocked!

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm really enjoying the seagull stream. He isn't annoying and is actually getting into a lot of strategy and meta of the game. Also helps he doesn't suck.

Tenks

I think you can change which 'channel' your voice com works for which is nice. You can toggle it between your Team, or if you premake you can set it to your 'party' or something like that which is nice?

I really don't see why they would make sprays a microtransaction, skins yes absolutely i can see that.. but sprays seem like they're more of a you leveled up that character, have a spray that you just unlocked!
Maybe but we live in the day and age of microtransaction everything. If you would have told me Valve would sell load screens five years ago I would have called you mad. Yet here we are.

Tenks

I'm really enjoying the seagull stream. He isn't annoying and is actually getting into a lot of strategy and meta of the game. Also helps he doesn't suck.
His is probably the best but his constant "Look how popular I am after one week!" stuff today was getting a bit grating

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It comes across as him being actually shocked and genuinely happy about it.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Mist, get me a beta code. You owe me after you and your VS zerg killed me repeatedly.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Seagull definitely seems shocked and genuinely happy about it. He did come from the TF2 community which.. at their best and most popular the competitive scene only got like 3k views for major matches. He's used to streaming to 15 people, not 5k lol.

As far as sprays go, since there are so many sprayed based on the heroes themselves, I feel like it will be something similar to HOTS where as you progress with that hero you unlock more content for that hero, which is totally cool imo. I only say this because that datamined XP/leveling system from a week ago. But it's all speculation what they're going to do right now with sprays.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They could also be selling some of these. So you'd have free ones, and sold ones. It makes sense to monetize all that pointless shit if they're not planning to sell heroes.

I wonder how much new shit they'll reveal at blizzcon for this. It seems like 2-3heroes and 1map from the hints and shit, but wonder if they have even more.

Needless

Toe Sucker
they need to reveal more of the actual gameplay they plan on adding... if it's legitimately nothing but payload maps and capture points this game will be boring after a few weeks. It really needs more game types and some sense of reward for winning or playing the game to keep grasp on the populous' attention.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I wouldn't be surprised at a DM mode at all in the future, CTF is always somewhere in the middle for me personally but quite a lot of people enjoy it. There's a lot of things they can do, I love payload for casual play but I agree with you. Good thing it's still in closed beta
tongue.png

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
they need to reveal more of the actual gameplay they plan on adding... if it's legitimately nothing but payload maps and capture points this game will be boring after a few weeks. It really needs more game types and some sense of reward for winning or playing the game to keep grasp on the populous' attention.
Because you think that's what a game requires, or because that's what the player base of THIS game requires (IE: not great gamers)?