Overwatch

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
They need to nut up, it's fucking Blizzard, they have to cash flow and resources to tackle a few million players for beta.
But do they want to? I know when we launch betas here its only a few customers and they know the turn around time is low and we're not responding to shit on the weekends. If you make your beta a pseudo-release expectations change.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Game director Jeff Kaplan discusses the upcoming Overwatch Open Beta, taking place May 5?9 on PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4. He also reveals our special ?thank you? for pre-purchasing or preordering by April 29: two days of Open Beta early access for you and a friend!
Seems there's gonna be a few days of open beta.

Column_sl

shitlord
Im surprised they are not doing a month of open Beta, I guess since it's not a free game like Hearthstone so they don't have the luxury.

I feel like since we have been playing it for so long now that it's puts the early beta testers at a serious advantage over everyone coming in.

Needless

Toe Sucker
People are going to be bored of this a few weeks after launch. Of course they don't want to lose most of their customers in closed or open beta lol

I don't have any plans to buy this atm until they add a lot more shit, otherwise i just get bored after 1 game

Tenks

Other games kind of took over recently for me but I still find this game great for "I have an hour to kill" type stuff. Its still really fun minus getting 5 retards on your team.

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
I spent about 60 hours on the beta and got bored. The biggest reason is that not a single one of my friends that I normally game with got in. Once I can play with friends the fun should be back.

Tenks

I'd just like a real ranked queue. Also knowing your progress will get wiped here in a month or so kind of kills wanting to play too much knowing it'll just get wiped.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Definitely agree on the lack of being able to play with your core boys to be a huge downside atm. Ranked would be nice too

edit: wewps meant to put that in hots thread

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
Could do with another healer, tank and offensive dps before launch imo. Solo queue is the absolute worst though. Just a non-stop cavalcade of retards playing hanzo, widow and tracer on offense, dying instantly. So you pick heals and none of them can kill anything. You pick tank, and no-one switches to heals. Incredibly frustrating.

Feels a lot like HOTS in that random potatos on your team have too much effect on the enjoyment factor, though you can carry a little bit better than in HOTS, but only just. Every game is like 'sweet ill play solider and we'll actually kill something' and you sit in the entry with 2 tracers a hanzo and sometimes a tank, and because you actually want to win youre like OK FUCK IT ILL PICK LUCIO AGAIN. Then lose anyway. Argh.

Oh and its good to see they kept the wow tradition alive of heals/abilities going off after you die and killing the cooldown, but not firing. Lay on hands on corpse is alive and well in Overwatch.

Actually this post makes me sound like I hate the game, but I really like it so far, played all day. It seems to make me much more salty than Quake ever did though, and thats with like 20 years of maturity under my belt. Maybe im getting cranky at my old age.

Tenks

I feel like this is the more appropriate Lucio nerf. It was pretty much what I said before the HP nerf whey they should just lower his damage and make his ult charge slower.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I dig those mei buffs too, man shes such a fun character to play. Nothing better than denying like 3 ults at a time with a well placed ice wall

Tenks

Whenever Mei is on my team she helps the opponents more than our team. Clear line of signt to 3 people as 76/Pharah? Mei will 100% of the time time icewall that LOS. 100%. Never fails. 100%.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Most meis suck yep.

I'm pretty much a gods gift to man though so what can i say? :^). Hanzo needs a nerf though, don't know why that guy gets overlooked so much lol

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Mei is one of my preferred heroes, but her damage always seemed to be on the low end. The changes make sense to me, might even be too strong.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I just played two games with her... her right click is ridiculously good now haha, probably too good

Tenks

Hanzo needs a nerf though, don't know why that guy gets overlooked so much lol
Hanzo just needs his phantom headshots looked at. I get noscoped by him so often by sheer luck that it is just plain frustrating to play against him.