Overwatch

Neph_sl

shitlord
Don't really care for all the crying and drama on either side. But I agree with the general thought that a sexy pose for Tracer doesn't fit her character, and is fine to leave in for Widowmaker. More from Tigole:Overwatchs Strong Female Heroes and that one Tracer Pose - Overwatch Forums

Well, that escalated quickly.

While I stand by my previous comment, I realize I should have been more clear. As the game director, I have final creative say over what does or does not go into the game. With this particular decision, it was an easy one to make-not just for me, but for the art team as well. We actually already have an alternate pose that we love and we feel speaks more to the character of Tracer. We weren't entirely happy with the original pose, it was always one that we wrestled with creatively. That the pose had been called into question from an appropriateness standpoint by players in our community did help influence our decision-getting that kind of feedback is part of the reason we're holding a closed beta test-but it wasn't the only factor. We made the decision to go with a different pose in part because we shared some of the same concerns, but also because we wanted to create something better.

We wouldn't do anything to sacrifice our creative vision for Overwatch, and we're not going to remove something solely because someone may take issue with it. Our goal isn't to water down or homogenize the world, or the diverse cast of heroes we've built within it. We have poured so much of our heart and souls into this game that it would be a travesty for us to do so.

We understand that not everyone will agree with our decision, and that's okay. That's what these kinds of public tests are for. This wasn't pandering or caving, though. This was the right call from our perspective, and we think the game will be just as fun the next time you play it.

If it isn't, feel free to continue sharing your concerns, thoughts, and feedback about this and other issues you may have with the game, please just keep the discussion respectful.

Thanks,

jeffrey

(btw, unlocking this thread. please continue the discussion here)

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Don't really care for all the crying and drama on either side. But I agree with the general thought that a sexy pose for Tracer doesn't fit her character, and is fine to leave in for Widowmaker. More from Tigole:Overwatchs Strong Female Heroes and that one Tracer Pose - Overwatch Forums
Oh we were going to change it anyway, it doesn't matter that some vocal SJW's didn't like it and complained, nope, not at all.
rolleyes.png

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah but if you are a pug vs a pre-made, its just a stomp. Really needs a ranked solo queue or a better match making. Matchmaking is a weak spot for Blizzard, just look at how bad HotS MM is.
The beta is still tiny at the moment too, if not a single one of the about dozen ppl I normally game with have gotten in and doesn't look like too many ppl here have gotten in, I have a bunch of ppl on my friend's list due to hs and d3 and only ~3 have access, you know not too many ppl are in the beta.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
The whole thing is dumb. On the one hand, it was a weird looking pose for Tracer. On the other, it's annoying saying that strong, non-gratuitous characters can't feel like being sexy sometimes. I totally am ok with it being removed or altered because it looks off, not because strong people can't be flirty.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah I agree with Kaplan that the pose didn't look right and probably wasn't up to Blizzard's standards. The whiplash is that he admitted they needed to "do better" in the SJW eyes. The OP of the rant wasn't complaining the art was shit she was complaining the art was sexualized.

Also I think the pose/art looked better on her non-speedsuit skins. It looks pretty decent on her Punk skin.

7oVKBmj.jpg

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
If I were a Bliz manager I would order the art department to remove that offending ass image and replace it with something decent. And while they're at it giveallher skins and poses a red MAGA hat just for the lulz.

...yeah I probably would not last long as a manager of a multimillion dollar firm.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I liked someone's idea that she should be mocking this standard sexy pose by exaggerating it (popping her ass out more ) and sticking her tongue out and look like she's having more fun.

I don't like pandering to the SJWs at all but my first reaction is "wow, that's ugly". My 2nd reaction was "wow, can't believe this SJW bitch is complaining about such an ugly pose". Something doesn't look right, especially her ass when using the jumpsuit.

Dyvim

As long as youd get a steady stream of actual beta testers into your not yet finished product to get it tested and polished you would automatically make a better job, cause silly, unreasonable complaints (of a single SJW) would be far quicker shot down by the still-got-brains crowd.

Tenks

The stupidest part about the whole story is the mother is concerned with her daughter seeing this but the game isn't even rated for her daughter's consumption. That is like taking her to a rated R movie and complaining about nudity and cursing. Then there is the whole fact the mother isn't concerned about her daughter seeing Tracer shoot people in the head and pistol whip them to death but is only concerned that her daughter will see her favorite character's butt.

Tenks

The whole thing is completely overblown. The artwork really, really sucked for the Over The Shoulder pose on Tracer with her default skin. It just plain looked bad. Blizzard acknowledged that but didn't really phrase it in the best manner. The phrasing made it seem like they just gave in immediately to SJW but it sounds like they already had another pose they liked pretty much ready and just pushed it out faster due to the complaint. It almost seemed like Blizzard was planning on adding this pose regardless but I'm not sure if they ever thought about removing Over The Shoulder until the complaint.

spronk

FPS noob
this is a game that is totally based/dependent on team work and pretty much sucks to play alone, right? gonna play the beta but that is the impression i have had for a while now

Tenks

this is a game that is totally based/dependent on team work and pretty much sucks to play alone, right? gonna play the beta but that is the impression i have had for a while now
IMO, no. Sure a bunch of baddies can still make you lose but this game has enormous carry potential. Even some of these "top streamers" who solo queue and bitch you can see so many flaws in their gameplay. I get frustrated playing this game far less than I get playing a MOBA. But if I'm on point that game with my S76 play I can pretty much guarantee I was the reason we won because I was triple fragging every engagement.

99% of my games have been solo. 1% have been with Ravishing. So at most I've duel queued. If you double queue the game does get easier simply because the two of you can be on the same page easier.

Tenks

Also last patch *allegedly* had some behind-the-scenes match making improvements. My incredibly tiny sample size but I had two very, very competitive matches last night. I think I lost both of them but I could tell my team was competent and the opponents were competent. Which is a marked improvement from previously.