Overwatch

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Really like Symmetra, she normally won't make any big plays, but a good one on your team can be invaluable.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Really like Symmetra, she normally won't make any big plays, but a good one on your team can be invaluable.
Eh, if you sneak up on people with the beam and get it charged, you can melt the entire enemy team as long as they don't pay attention. It's not obvious you're getting melted either unlike some other stuff, doesn't do much noise and shit. It does ridiculous damage at full charge though, kills people in like a second or two. She can be pretty solid, just wish the ball was a faster, you really can't fight anything that not in your beam range directly, which feels terrible when a Pharrah notices you because you literally can't do anything.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Well, after playing all day Sunday I could definitely see myself playing this with a good group of players. Sadly, you guys are my only PC gaming "friends".

Do we plan on setting up a group to wreck shop with?

I spent a lot of time with Tracer and my god she can completely ruin the other team if they aren't paying attention. There were teams however that always had someone waiting in the flanking areas for me and that made shit a bit harder. I think with more time I could ascend to godhood with her.

bayr_sl

shitlord
I kind of have to do a 180 on my first impression and say the game is really damn fun. My game quality has changed dramatically since Friday. It's a shame the stress test is ending soon

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I could see how to newer players that don't know the maps too well getting at Bastion could be a rough lesson to learn.
I am guessing you have nailed the issue. As people don't know the maps yet stationary turret type classes have an advantage finding harder to get to nooks and setting up camp. That tends to go away very rapidly and given the vast different mobility between characters people will learn fast how to hard counter them. Of the two bastion seems to be at least able to do his job torbjorn seems to be lacking. His turret unless its at level three seems to be made out of eggshells and just dies so fast its almost not worth the time bothering with.

Ryoz

<Donor>
Well RIP beta weekend. Was hoping it would last longer today. Got booted out of a game now stuck at authenticating.

Weekend thoughts - pretty good so far. I like the characters, maps seem meh but there haven't been too many showcased yet. Graphics are good, effects are too cluttered, would like to see them cleaned up a bit. If I got a perm beta invite would def keep playing.

Hekotat

I hated the London map, but the others were pretty good.

Was hoping it would still be going when I got home, oh well. Come on permanent beta invite!

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm kinda sad, I was having a blast.

I wish more maps had environment hazard that players can use. Like Gibraltar start. you can knock people off the cliff(but even then its kinda out of the way) and the end of the Row map you can knock people into the pits.

Hekotat

I'm kinda sad, I was having a blast.

I wish more maps had environment hazard that players can use. Like Gibraltar start. you can knock people off the cliff(but even then its kinda out of the way) and the end of the Row map you can knock people into the pits.
I fucked so many D. Va's over when they tried to ram me off the cliff only to rewind time and watch them fall to their deaths, top kek.

I also spawned and ran off into that fucking pit my first time playing the map, low kek.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The one that still tricks me even though I've played the map a ton of times is in King's Row in the end area, like near that U room with a large health pack before the last stretch, there's a fucking hole right there for no fucking reason. Not on the defense spawn side(though this one's annoying too but kinda makes sense with the shortcut up there) but on the other side. Like you fight people coming down the ramp from the street entrance in that area, and you strafe to dodge some shit and you just fucking fall down like a retard.

But yeah I like those, with Lucio, Roadhog and D-Va I knock people down pretty often. Volskaya Industries which wasn't available for the stress test has areas like this too but more limited, though you can knockback a bunch of people down right from their spawn point door if they don't see you standing above the door. Like it's a bit like Gibraltar side door, but even closer to the edge. Hollywood and the desert map don't have these. Hollywood is a lot more interesting than other maps though I find, it has a ton of verticality and a lot of building you can enter, there's often multiple windows and shit people can come out, it really emphasize the heroes with great mobility, I like it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Did they say why they disabled Volskaya Industries and Hollywood?
And Anubis Temple also. And no they didn't say, maybe because they weren't happy with the state of the maps. Both Volskaya and Anubis are capture maps(like Hanamura) and Anubis especially is a shitfest imo. Hollywood is the most recent map and maybe they wanted to iterate on it before opening it to the public. Or maybe they just wanted to focus the test on the 3maps they had to get more feedback specific to those maps and they'll do the next 3 for the next stress test. Gonna be fucking shit if it's those 3 though.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Everyone made fun of me for saying the Egypt map was shit. :p

I actually really liked the Hollywood map.

xzi

Mouthbreather
So it looks like the client is updated from the server every 0.05 seconds (20 tick). For comparison typical CS:GO servers run at 64 tick. Anyone else find this info surprising?

20 Tick? Wireshark packet capture : Overwatch
It's not entirely surprising to me, there was an awful lot of dying around corners to people that shouldn't have been able to hit you. I find it less of a problem in OW compares to CSGO though as the hitboxes seem quite large on almost every character. In that same manner I feel like a lot of characters need to not do extra headshot damage at all (Mei, Lucio, Junkrat nades, etc). The major difference is in CSGO every shot counts where in OW you can get away with missing a few shots unless you're playing Widowmaker. However, Source is a 10 year old engine no matter how many tweaks are done to it and OW is running on an inhouse Blizzard engine, where blizzard is fairly well known for having very polished games. I sorta have faith in 'em for now.

OW is a much faster game compared to a lot of shooters lately, almost arena-like, so it's surprising the tickrate is so small. I understand it's their first fps game and all, but tickrate is a major complaint in.. just about every game ever. Aiming for casual play isn't bad, but they already seem to want to push competitive and unless they offer higher quality servers there's going to be a lot of people bitching. But people are going to bitch no matter what they do.

Also, I already really miss the game and I want to play more.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Calling your game competitive with lack of community features, wide FoV, obituaries and low tick rate is live playing tennis on a mall parking lot with grandma and call it US Open.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I don't see how blizzard only "hopes" to have ranked play for launch. From the feedback I've heard it seems like in-game statistics & scoreboard and ranked are the #1 and 2 things that the game needs. It feels like everything else should back seat.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Their low tick rate makes a lot of weird ass deaths make sense now, my god why would they make it so low lol

Odd how there is 6 of these same god damn games coming out at once yet they didn't bother trying 9 years ago when TF2 came out?