Overwatch

Necrath Evilcraft

Golden Knight of the Realm
thebfm#1815

I work second shit on the east coast so I play pretty late. Mainly a decent Mercy player slowly learning Reinhardt and a few others.

spronk

FPS noob
reviews are starting to come out. Be interesting to see if this can pick up more perfect scores than Uncharted 4, which has around 35 so far I think?

The Escapist - 5/5
Overwatch Review Blizzard | Reviews | The Escapist
These are all little nitpicks and personal preferences, more than anything. It's very clear that Blizzard has put in a herculean effort into polishing Overwatch, making sure that it feels great to play, has basically no bugs or glitches, and has a solid amount of content.

Twinfinite - 5/5
http://twinfinite.net/2016/05/overwatch-review/
Just as Team Fortress 2 burst onto the scene and captivated so many with its charm, and accessible gameplay, Overwatch is poised to do the same with its sharp gameplay and likable characters. There's little doubt that the next great class-based shooter has arrived.

Destructoid -10/10
Review: Overwatch
Truly, I believe that we'll be seeing a lot more of Overwatch in the years to come. Blizzard has a great track record when it comes to long-term support, and given how good it is out of the gate, it can only get better from here. Blizzard has truly snatched victory from the draws of defeat.

CjPYhcuUoAAOz36.jpg

xzi

Mouthbreather
Hahaha, I know. He was just taunting me that he stole the team kill. Immediately after that 2 of their dudes just straight up left lmfao

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Amazon has dropped the price of this by $11, at least on consoles, and even went so far as to process a "pre-order price guarantee" for it, so with the existing 20% discount for physical copies I'm going to net ~$38 for the PS4 version. Not too shabby.

Hedeon

Molten Core Raider
I'd kill for some bans, even if it was just one per team! I must ban all the shitty fucking sniper wannabes on King of the Hill maps, or Mei fuck Mei.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Got my first legendary skin today at level 9 lol. Luckily it's a character I play (Roadhog). Unluckily it's the worst one (Toa). Do some legendary skins change the voice lines etc?

Pretty much for me also. I love the control aspect. She's great against genjis, lucios etc, and there always seem to be those around.
There are also tons of Mei tricks you learn over time like messing someone up by placing an Ice Block directly under them and then headshotting them while they are disoriented. Or placing an ice block as a wall or as a booster.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just picked this up from a friend for an early birthday present!

Crone#1894 !! Added a bunch of you, but add some more! Also work 2nd shift PST, so I'm on late!

Cybsled

Interesting, how much are the boxes?
They come in packages. For 19.99 you get 24 loot boxes. I dropped that last night because I didn't feel like grinding to get some good skins and I ended up cleaning up pretty good rarity wise and got a good amount of credits to boot.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
So, is there some map imbalance or is it just me? There are some matches I load in on defending and I feel super bad for the other team, because I have never been flushed out. (Like defend on temple.)

I dunno if my teams are just good, but I can't see how they'd ever get us out.

Mao

Trakanon Raider
I am still having problems with this being a MOBA moreso than a shooter. As Fawe said earlier, the game is more about team comps, working together. Ult timings etc. And, while in an organized team I think that would be great and do good things for a competitive style play, for pubs it makes the game more frustrating than enjoyable for me. I want to like it, I really do. And I keep playing it. But watching a couple deaths cost us the game cause people start filtering in one at a time to feed the team standing on the cart. Or, people who won't fight on the point but instead go off chasing kills.

The mechanics of the game are pretty solid. I'd still like to see some balance passes but a solid game is there. Just it needs to creep into the pubbie consciousness that this isn't a TDM style game and I don't think it ever will be. You can't be singularly badass and carry your team, but if you aren't working with them you damn sure can lose it for them.

I would actually like to see a game mode without the ultimates. More of just a pure shooter. I think that would be fun.

The mechanics of the game are good. I'm just not entirely down with the style of game it is yet.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Yea, I found it sort of interesting that a bunch of places were writing about how people compared Overwatch to Battleborn, and they weren't the same. But they are so ridiculously close. Battleborn might have actual lanes, minions and a core, but really, it's the same if you just consider that is a "mode" as it were in Overwatch.

The champion types make it super fun and rewarding to play with teams, and stupidly frustrating to soloQ.

Mao

Trakanon Raider
So, is there some map imbalance or is it just me? There are some matches I load in on defending and I feel super bad for the other team, because I have never been flushed out. (Like defend on temple.)

I dunno if my teams are just good, but I can't see how they'd ever get us out.
To build on my own post and what some others have said, I think this game is balanced around competitive, organized play. And, without that a couple of the maps seem to naturally favor the defender. Simply because an unorganized defense is easier than an unorganized offence. If you had an attacking team that was communicating, building their ults up for coordinated pushes I'm pretty certain what would change the nature of the game. But, if you are playing solo queue on an attacking team, people will just pop their ults when they get them seeking to get kills and get Play of the Game. By contrast, a defender poping his ult to stop a push is natural and doing the job its supposed to.

If you had an organized team where they built up a few ults before they went in to take the objective I think it would be much different. And on some maps you can see this. That last 15 second push when everyone shoots their wad and suddenly team wipes and clears the objective in overtime? I think you'd see a lot more of that style event in organized play.

I have to think that is by design. If they are going for Esport status, you want this big high tension playmaking moments for building suspense and helping to make your 'sport' stand out. A bunch of ults going off last minute in a desperate push/defense definitely fits that requirement.