Overwatch

Fury

Silver Knight of the Realm
I was a pretty big TF2 player, over 2000 hours played actually, am I going to find the gameplay in Overwatch really that much different?
In TF2 you could find maps that played one scenario only ala 2 Fort or Dustbowl, is that possible in Overwatch? Is there anything other than 6 v 6 matches?

Basically I'm trying to see if there is anything to grab me and hold me with Overwatch since I'm still a bit on the fence about it.

edit - what do levels do in Overwatch? I've seen it mentioned, but not what effect they have.

spronk

FPS noob
if you liked TF2 you will like overwatch, no real reason to type out a paragraph why its $40 just buy it. has a lot less options and maps and very little custom stuff you can do but its fun. don't need origins edition, just gives you 5 skins and some other blizzard game stuff over the $40 digital version.

each level gives you a loot box, which gives you skins / sprays / etc - cosmetic stuff. the only other way to get them is buy loot boxes in the blizz store. every player is equal in terms of gear / loadouts

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I was a pretty big TF2 player, over 2000 hours played actually, am I going to find the gameplay in Overwatch really that much different?
In TF2 you could find maps that played one scenario only ala 2 Fort or Dustbowl, is that possible in Overwatch? Is there anything other than 6 v 6 matches?

Basically I'm trying to see if there is anything to grab me and hold me with Overwatch since I'm still a bit on the fence about it.

edit - what do levels do in Overwatch? I've seen it mentioned, but not what effect they have.
There is a custom game option where you can play with friends and configure the game in a variety of ways You can configure it for certain maps, certain characters, and other options.

thefaceless

Golden Squire
I remember way back as a teenager in counterstrike 1.4 or 1.5 or something I got tired of all the cheaters ruining the games. I decided to see what all the fuss was about and gave it a try myself. I tried a free aimbot/wallhack for all of 2 minutes max. I can't see how anyone finds that enjoyable. Gotta be messed up mentally to get your jollies from cheating. Now they even have hacks you pay for, claiming you won't get caught. How sad. Glad blizzard is taking a hard stance on the issue. It really ruins the community. Maybe if they ousted the IRL information of the banned accounts it would further shame the scum, and you'd see it less often.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I hope so.

Though the TF2 ones are hard to beat
smile.png

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
If you want to see some facepalm head on over to this thread on Neogaf:PC Gamer: Overwatch cheaters are having a hard time. - NeoGAF

SJW's defending the cheaters saying they shouldn't get perm banned just temps. There are some very lulz worthy equating going on in there.
Lol they aren't SJW's. When I read your post I thought you were saying that people were trying to say they should only get a temp ban on that account and not a permanent ban. But that's not the case. They are talking about alifelongban no matter how many copies you buy as a perma ban and a temp ban as in buy a new copy. Big fucking difference.

Lol I have no idea why I find these so funny.

Overwatch PLAY OF THE GAME - Parody - YouTube

The Mei one is the best.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I've started getting more and more aggressive with my Reinhardt.

Gravy bless anyone who thinks they can get in too close.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Why the fuck does this game search for a game when I choose to practice against AI? I've been waiting over a minute now, dafuk.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If you havent tried Roadhog I highly recommend. His alternate fire has surprisingly decent range and his survive-ability is just disgusting. Not sure how others feel but I still think Hanzo is superior to Widow. Her only advantage is slightly better mobility and better cqc. But Hanzos ricochet arrow and his ult gives him the upper hand when it comes to long range power/defense. Range not issue if you can aim right. His recon arrow is also underrated IMO as it is like a free UAV every 12 seconds or whatever.

Thats another thing I like about this game. No radar map. It really, really changes the dynamic of a shooter. When you have a mini-map you almost have to pay attention toitjust as much as the environment, if not more depending on what your playing. It also provides a crutch for poor players who use it to guide their actions instead of moving with the flow of the match. With no map, you cant depend on that security of knowing where the enemy is going to be, and it also provides a more raw gameplay experience as mechanics like hanzos sight arrow become very useful and makes communication important.

The devs even have your hero say things like "behind you!" when you are being attacked from behind, this shows forethought concerning a no-minimap scenario, requiring the player to pay more attention to their surroundings and whats happening around them rather than hiding in a corner watching your minimap waiting for an opportune time to strike.

Cybsled

I want to make a POTG parody using predator. Show Arnold killing Predator/winning game, then POTG goes to Jessie Ventura just shooting the jungle making Bastion noises then dying lol

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I got POTG as Mercy today. They tweaked something because I've been seeing more Support roles get POTG lately.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Man, holy shit.

If nothing else (and there is a shit ton "else") I will give this game massive credit for getting me to resurrect the old quake death match feelies/LAN parties.

I've actually put my battle net in a few places to get more people to play, and a group of us are going into the office on Sat, setting our work PCs up and spending the god damn night LAN partying. Which is amazing. I think the last time I did a real LAN party was probably a CS, Quake or EQ xpac. In other words, at least 10+ years ago.

So kudos, because god damn. I am going to go sit around like I am 15 years old again, drinking Mtn Dew and shooting people in the face with rockets and I cannot WAIT.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
I got POTG as Mercy today. They tweaked something because I've been seeing more Support roles get POTG lately.
Definitely this. I think they gave Support contributions a modifier since I've been seeing somewhat lackluster contributions end up as PotG, even if, say, an ultimate undoes it right after. A triple res undone by a double-triple kill by the enemies, for example; the res got the PotG.