Overwatch

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I'm bored again. The maps are just too small and few in number at this point. Matchmaking clearly hasn't improved much at all still and the 'newness' factor for people being bad is wearing off to the point where your better players are just miles ahead of the shitters that fill most of your team.

Needs content in under 2 weeks. Agree with the AJ review for release (even though I called it in beta) - this game is a great tech demo, where's the content.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm bored again. The maps are just too small and few in number at this point. Matchmaking clearly hasn't improved much at all still and the 'newness' factor for people being bad is wearing off to the point where your better players are just miles ahead of the shitters that fill most of your team.

Needs content in under 2 weeks. Agree with the AJ review for release (even though I called it in beta) - this game is a great tech demo, where's the content.
You will never be happy. You should accept that and move on.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Turned my dpi on my mouse down to 1200 or so and it feels to be the sweet spot to me. Still not good at predicting movement but getting better. On a convoy attack map I got 27 kills with widow and of course some bastion gets potg sitting in a corner.

I've been playing so much and sleeping so little that after dinner tonight i passed out on the couch for 3 hours. Kind of sucked.

xzi

Mouthbreather
100% certain POTG is more focused on objective play which is why you'll see Mercy POTG when she throws out a 3person res on the cart vs when a reaper team kills someone in a chokepoint. It's trying to reward people doing objectives, which is sometimes stupid on things like a KOTH map where they give you a guy getting 2 bad kills.

khorum

Murder Apologist
100% certain POTG is more focused on objective play which is why you'll see Mercy POTG when she throws out a 3person res on the cart vs when a reaper team kills someone in a chokepoint. It's trying to reward people doing objectives, which is sometimes stupid on things like a KOTH map where they give you a guy getting 2 bad kills.
Explains all my awesome drunken Torb potgs where I'm swinging away and MISSING with the fucking hammer.

Bain

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I had one of those Torb POTGs today where I was dead the entire time and my turret got 4 eliminations. My premade raged and I just sat there giggling.

khorum

Murder Apologist
I had one of those Torb POTGs today where I was dead the entire time and my turret got 4 eliminations. My premade raged and I just sat there giggling.
That's better than most my torb POTGs where I'm trying to find my way to the fight but get distracted by all the Eliminated spam. Thatmasteroverwatch leaderboardsays I'm ranked 44th for overall Torbs on PC and I pretty much just hammer at the turret most games. I don't think the other 43 play much differently either.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
If you havent tried Roadhog I highly recommend. His alternate fire has surprisingly decent range and his survive-ability is just disgusting. Not sure how others feel but I still think Hanzo is superior to Widow. Her only advantage is slightly better mobility and better cqc. But Hanzos ricochet arrow and his ult gives him the upper hand when it comes to long range power/defense. Range not issue if you can aim right. His recon arrow is also underrated IMO as it is like a free UAV every 12 seconds or whatever.

Thats another thing I like about this game. No radar map. It really, really changes the dynamic of a shooter. When you have a mini-map you almost have to pay attention toitjust as much as the environment, if not more depending on what your playing. It also provides a crutch for poor players who use it to guide their actions instead of moving with the flow of the match. With no map, you cant depend on that security of knowing where the enemy is going to be, and it also provides a more raw gameplay experience as mechanics like hanzos sight arrow become very useful and makes communication important.

The devs even have your hero say things like "behind you!" when you are being attacked from behind, this shows forethought concerning a no-minimap scenario, requiring the player to pay more attention to their surroundings and whats happening around them rather than hiding in a corner watching your minimap waiting for an opportune time to strike.
I started with Roadhog and loved him and did okay. I mean I would get a lot of gold medals, but my win rate wasn't great. And then I realized with all my healing that I was just a giant ult charger for the enemy team. Being good at surviving is actually kind of bad. He's weird.

As for Practise VS AI. I'm sure you've noticed it puts you with 5 other real people in a real match against AI. It's dumb and never works. It requires a full team of people to work and it constantly rejoins/cancels/searches etc as people search, realize, leave.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I'm down for some coordinated group play tonight, preferably with Brahma healer rage moments.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
In a group with 2 friends put us on a team w/ I'm assuming another group of 3. The other 3 wanted to do all winston. So we said we'd oblige at least until we died, except I went Mercy. It was brutal for the other team as we immediately capped the point and just walked the payload in, I felt bad for the other team, but couldn't stop laughing at the same time.

After that game it kicked us out to find more players and matched us up with the same guys again. This time they wanted to do all Pharah. My friends and I all figured all mankey may work, but didn't have as high hopes for all Pharah. But we gave it a shot and yeah, that was much more easily countered. After we essentially let them cap the first 50% we had a legit comp though and just completely dominated them the rest of the match. 2nd cap we did 5 Winstons again, but I felt less bad this time since we made a troll team the round before and still came back to make the game not even close.

We were discussing, what do you think would be the best comp to deal with it? I was thinking a couple of pharahs, rein, bastion, mercy, and lucio. Pharah because winston can hardly touch her and then have the other 4 stick close together. Shield the bastion, power boost the bastion, and the additional heals w/ lucio would make it difficult to kill someone with a bunch of winstons.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
In a group with 2 friends put us on a team w/ I'm assuming another group of 3. The other 3 wanted to do all winston. So we said we'd oblige at least until we died, except I went Mercy. It was brutal for the other team as we immediately capped the point and just walked the payload in, I felt bad for the other team, but couldn't stop laughing at the same time.

After that game it kicked us out to find more players and matched us up with the same guys again. This time they wanted to do all Pharah. My friends and I all figured all mankey may work, but didn't have as high hopes for all Pharah. But we gave it a shot and yeah, that was much more easily countered. After we essentially let them cap the first 50% we had a legit comp though and just completely dominated them the rest of the match. 2nd cap we did 5 Winstons again, but I felt less bad this time since we made a troll team the round before and still came back to make the game not even close.

We were discussing, what do you think would be the best comp to deal with it? I was thinking a couple of pharahs, rein, bastion, mercy, and lucio. Pharah because winston can hardly touch her and then have the other 4 stick close together. Shield the bastion, power boost the bastion, and the additional heals w/ lucio would make it difficult to kill someone with a bunch of winstons.
The old beta team to beat was double winston / lucio / tracer because of how amazing it was - but really with the shield nerf on Winston you can counter it rather effectively with Reaper / McRee / Bastion.

Tenks

I got POTG as Mercy today. They tweaked something because I've been seeing more Support roles get POTG lately.
Its funny in comp play Mercy almost always gets the POTG. Its rare to NOT get a 4 man rez on the objective with coordinated teams.

skrala

Silver Knight of the Realm
As for Practise VS AI. I'm sure you've noticed it puts you with 5 other real people in a real match against AI. It's dumb and never works. It requires a full team of people to work and it constantly rejoins/cancels/searches etc as people search, realize, leave.
Do Play->Custom->Fill with AI, you can play with bots in every other slot.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I really fucking wish they'd just make a god damn Deathmatch mode that is separate from quick play so that all those fucking kiddies with ADHD will stop losing us the game when we are about to win because they chase people way off the point and into the enemy team's spawn area. WHY!? When you are set up as a team on the point you have a huge advantage, and then you kill the enemy team and instead of maintaining that advantage, 4 players decide to run far off into the distance. Half the time they think we've won. And this is a group of level 60's and a few level 90's. It really makes me lose hope in humanity when a level 90 doesn't understand the advantages of having a team setup on point... Like how do you play that much and stay dumb? Lost 2 games today where we had the 2nd objective at 99% and half the team decided to willingly give up the advantage of being set up on point and go looking for people to kill near enemy team's spawn. FUCK YOU.

Okay sorry, taking a breath......

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Winston & Rein shields take damage, D'Va's matrix shield actually destroys projectiles.

I've charged at a Junkrat and his Mine & Bombs just vanish from the air.

Also D'Va can destroy Hanzo Ult before it becomes the Dragons

Ryuu ga waga teki wo ku-nope

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I really fucking wish they'd just make a god damn Deathmatch mode that is separate from quick play so that all those fucking kiddies with ADHD will stop losing us the game when we are about to win because they chase people way off the point and into the enemy team's spawn area.
I know you're raging and aren't serious, but Deathmatch mode will never happen since then you'd have to disable an entire hero: Mercy.

Tenks

KotH is basically deathmatch since once you cap the point you don't have to stand on it. The cap point gives reference for where fights should occur but since you don't have to stand on it to gain % you can just cap and roam. In fact its arguably better to spawn camp once you cap the objective.