Overwatch

Cybsled

We were having fun last night using super stacks (all Winstons, all Dvas, all Meis, all Mercys). My vid drivers fucked up on Kings Row and I got the BSOD, though, which ended my fun ;(

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Late to the party but I'm down for the comp group, it would be nice to get a regular thing going. I've enjoyed all the grouping I've been able to do so far in game with all the RR bros.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
If you want to practice Pharah go play TRIBES: Ascend and use only the Spinfusor. I credit the reason for being so good with her due to how much I played TRIBES growing up.
Alternatively if you want to practice Pharah you could boot up OW and play Pharah

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I wish I could play dps but every pug I get no one effing heals, then I have to go mercy and carry team

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Lucio if you have no healer and you still wanna get in some shots and knock people off the map.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Point A temple of anubis best symettra choke in the game confirmed. Had two ppl pick symettra and two ppl pick torb and it was a friend and I, so I said fuck it, this is the best choke in the game for symettra, I'll go symettra too and you should go torb and make it an even 3 symettra and 3 torbs. The enemy team didn't even touch the point. I got sooo many slow ball kills, if you set up in that room on the right you can spam slow balls in total safety and the slow ball travels across the entire right entrance way, across where ppl stop and shoot through the left entrance way, and across the top of the ramp/around the corner when the attacking team comes up the right side of the building right out front their spawn. No one can get behind you because the room is guarded with sentries. You're in a covered area so heroes like pharah can't get to you. And you're constantly launching the slow balls so if someone like a tank tries coming into the room to kill you they are eating a slow ball and dropping quick.

Of course everyone on the enemy team left so it removed us to find a new game and we got matched against the ppl who were just our teammates and they tried 2 torb, 2 symettra on hanamura and got wrecked.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Junkrat seems to be the cure to many of this games ills.

I wonder if Blizzard created him for the sole purpose of breaking fortified comps.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This and if you get into a 1 v 1 situation, throw that bomb at them and blow it up in their face.
^
1 Grenade hit + c4, kills everyone but a tank iirc. So learn to be fast and throw that c4 out as soon as you get a grenade hit.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Hanzo needs help, but he does provide a certain aspect of defense and offense that cant really be fulfilled by Widow. His ult . I think everyone can agree on that, a good Hanzo player who stays on fire is going to get quite a few ults and that dragon can really affect the game.

Outside of that his ricochet arrow is also something that provides him with a unique edge that Widow cant match, so given his added ability to kill multliple targets he can affect games. Im not pro, so perhaps at the highest levels he is overlooked but the reality is most players arent pro, so the experience your having is much different than theirs. So you will see Hanzos shit ones and good. What Krovvy does with Hanzo is fucking disgusting, saying he is absolutely garbage isnt true IMO>
Despite being able to pull miracles and/or do good things with him and the extensive amount of time I have spent on him.. I can still tell he is not good as a character atm. Everyone has their different reasoning's to why hes "garbage." Some are from bad experiences, and some are from the standpoint of high-level play. What ever the case may be, he is amongst the few that are very, uhh not so good, in the game. Zenyatta and D.va being some of the others. Thats not to say that players can't wreck shop or do gods work with them, I have seen both Zens and D.va's strike fear into my team; sometimes yelling fucking discord or this fucking dva... but that doesn't make them a good champion, just the person playing them.

He seriously just needs the slightest of adjustments for a better quality of life. I mean it could range from anything really and there is nothing major that has to be done honestly. His ult is perfectly fine, it has enough time to give the other team to move and it works really well with other champions like Zarya or clearing a path/relieving stress for your team. His ricochet is wonky because of how terrain is in this game, its damage is fine and the challenge it takes to land solid scattershots are there. I can't tell you how many times i've tried to bank a shot off a door frame only to see the shot bounce the opposite direction.. same goes with curbs, fuck curbs.

The only things I could honestly see needing a buff is either.

His movement speed, its extremely slow and you get punished for trying to fight a sticky situation. Ie, if a Rein is in your face.. its going to be rare that you win that fight but with his current movement speed.. you can't even out run him.. and no wall climb hardly ever helps.. meanwhile you have Genji who can freely double jump dash and create massive distances. Widow, she can also create massive distance with her grappling. Someone like Mei can either iceblock, or wall her way out. Junkrat can bounce out or trap. 76 can sprint. Tracer dash, or time skip. Pharah boost and over. McCree roll/stun. Reaper invulnerability.. but Hanzo.. he climbs up a fucking wall, and not fast either. Nor is it smooth.. I couldn't tell you how many times i've run up to a wall hit jump and i'm just jumping at a wall like an absolute retard to get beat down by something else. While Genji on the otherhand can flip around dash, grab onto a wall, climb and continue to do Genji things. Even so, both Genji and Widow have edge tech that sends them launching into the fucking air.. what does Hanzo do, he climbs a wall.

ex of edge tech. I'm sure you've seen a Widow do it for trick shots.

Even if changing his running movement speed isn't the right answer, at the very least the idea of being able to do wall transfers as Hanzo would be good enough for solid ability to be more juke oriented. As it currently stands, only thing you can really do running up a wall is hope they're too stupid to look up or run up a wall jump on to the other side and as they run to that side you do the same thing over until something eventually happens.

The only other thing I can think of is increasing the low-mid crit damage. The amount of dinks that happen when you're in a shitty situation is all the more infuriating. Not only do your shots have a much shittier arch at the lower ends of your pull, the damage is abysmal. I'm not saying he should one-tap w/ quick click, but currently at a close engagement only a 100% pull will one tap. They should atleast increase it to a 75% pull for a one tap and go down from there.

But all in all, people are fixated on a Hanzo being able to throw arrows down a straight at a headshot line, and land those headshots because more than not.. you're running into em.

Cybsled

Proof the game has made it in Korea...now regular TV shows are using references to it ;p

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Good golly. I took a break from overwatch for awhile, hop back in tonight to play a few matches and just end up raging. I can't play any of my favorite characters if they have a Torb (like Pharah) because I feel like if I even poke my head around a corner, I am getting destroyed. The best I can hope is to pop back and forth with a ~2 ish rockets to take out a turret but I'm still gonna take a ton of dmg.

Really, really do not understand why they are so accurate and so quick to react. This is in soloq, where likely a group would be better about taking his turrets down, but usually that comes down to me. I don't mind Bastion, though I think his dmg is ridic, but at least he requires human reaction time, and thus I can generally fly around his head and kill him.

Torb turrets are just so dumb. His play style isn't fun, and playing against him isn't fun. Arg.

I'm not an amazing player, but it feels like if there is a Torb, the match changes from "Capture Objective A" to "Kill Torb turret(s), then maybe you can capture if you manage to kill them and some other dudes."

Like blah. I'm fine with it being used to hold a point, but it should be used more to make you be wary of assaulting a point, not feeling like you will get mostly roasted just taking him or his turret out. It should also be used to confirm a kill, not get them all for you.

A cooldown on him being able to place another after one is killed, or it being a "dot" basically; it will only acquire a target occasionally and pepper them - that is on a CD, IE like acquires a target every 10 seconds. Otherwise, it fires on the target Torb is currently attempting to attack.

Cuz fuck taking shots when I just peek to lob a rocket at him.
This is only a problem in pugs. Torb isn't even worth playing against coordinated pre mades outside of a couple exceptions (mostly defending the 2 point capture maps).

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
This is only a problem in pugs. Torb isn't even worth playing against coordinated pre mades outside of a couple exceptions (mostly defending the 2 point capture maps).
Oh, I'm well aware. He's absolute garbage in anything coordinated.

Which is why it's all the more mind blowing that he is still like this. He needs something to make him usable beyond pugs, and less of a headache for pugs.

And even then, the only real issue I have is the snap on his turret. TF2 turrets were really nothing like Torbs.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I think Hanzo's biggest problem is his arrow charge time. I think it needs to be like .25 seconds faster to full charge. It's too long right now

I do agree about move speed/wall climbing though. You play Genji where it feels so good because of the double jump (and I think he will climb longer) and then you play Hanzo where it is just so fucking clumsy and you can't even make it into a window right next to a wall.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
There's been a few torbs played successfully on Numbani defense in this week's gosugamers.