Overwatch

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Proof the game has made it in Korea...now regular TV shows are using references to it ;p

I've been reading that this is the first game in a long time to actually challenge LoL in Korea. One of the few that is actively making people play this over League.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I've been reading that this is the first game in a long time to actually challenge LoL in Korea. One of the few that is actively making people play this over League.
People didn't want to play another MMO after WoW and they don't want another MOBA after LoL, I'm seeing a pattern here.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'm honestly getting really bored of KOTH maps. I mean, I never really cared for them much in any FPS game to be honest, but OW feels so reliant on whoever wins the first fight is likely going to win the round (assuming both teams are competent). But also I think a large problem is I just keep fucking playing Nepal repeatedly. I've played that map probably the same amount of times I've played the rest of the maps combined, I've just straight up started leaving the game when it gets picked.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I'm honestly getting really bored of KOTH maps. I mean, I never really cared for them much in any FPS game to be honest, but OW feels so reliant on whoever wins the first fight is likely going to win the round (assuming both teams are competent). But also I think a large problem is I just keep fucking playing Nepal repeatedly. I've played that map probably the same amount of times I've played the rest of the maps combined, I've just straight up started leaving the game when it gets picked.
Blizzard really dropped the ball with depth on this game. Its jut downright retarded modes like all random or max 1 hero per team arent allowed modes.

Genji being able to reflected explosives is really god damn idiotic. Threw a mine at a trapped genji and detonated it before it got to him to no effect. Easily the most annoying hero in game.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It actually was played more last week in Internet cafes or something in Korea. Pretty big desl

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Good golly. I took a break from overwatch for awhile, hop back in tonight to play a few matches and just end up raging. I can't play any of my favorite characters if they have a Torb (like Pharah) because I feel like if I even poke my head around a corner, I am getting destroyed. The best I can hope is to pop back and forth with a ~2 ish rockets to take out a turret but I'm still gonna take a ton of dmg.

Really, really do not understand why they are so accurate and so quick to react. This is in soloq, where likely a group would be better about taking his turrets down, but usually that comes down to me. I don't mind Bastion, though I think his dmg is ridic, but at least he requires human reaction time, and thus I can generally fly around his head and kill him.

Torb turrets are just so dumb. His play style isn't fun, and playing against him isn't fun. Arg.

I'm not an amazing player, but it feels like if there is a Torb, the match changes from "Capture Objective A" to "Kill Torb turret(s), then maybe you can capture if you manage to kill them and some other dudes."

Like blah. I'm fine with it being used to hold a point, but it should be used more to make you be wary of assaulting a point, not feeling like you will get mostly roasted just taking him or his turret out. It should also be used to confirm a kill, not get them all for you.

A cooldown on him being able to place another after one is killed, or it being a "dot" basically; it will only acquire a target occasionally and pepper them - that is on a CD, IE like acquires a target every 10 seconds. Otherwise, it fires on the target Torb is currently attempting to attack.

Cuz fuck taking shots when I just peek to lob a rocket at him.
I'm only like level 25 I think, so keep that in mind with the level of people I play with. If there's a good Pharah on the other team I start putting up turrets in safe for the turret but oddball places where I see Pharah was previously dominating from up in the sky. It seems like frequently they don't get the hint and they think they can keep doing it even though I keep blasting them out of the sky.

Also if there are goober flankers who keep killing us from behind I sometimes purely concentrate on killing them as Torb and they just keep coming back trying to kill my turret and me even though my team is now advancing. I've got more than a few "fuck you Torb" messages now.

Also turrets on floating platforms are often hilarity.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I think Hanzo's biggest problem is his arrow charge time. I think it needs to be like .25 seconds faster to full charge. It's too long right now

I do agree about move speed/wall climbing though. You play Genji where it feels so good because of the double jump (and I think he will climb longer) and then you play Hanzo where it is just so fucking clumsy and you can't even make it into a window right next to a wall.
I mean that could work too. I don't know where I read, but supposedly the charge time is shorter than Widows? I never look too extensively to notice, but it sure as hell feels longer. The only thing I could really say against that though is that even though that is a viable idea, his low-mid would still be pretty useless but if they did do that he would essentially be the same as now but better/healthier.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Torb's turrets are in a strange place, they overpowered in pugs, people cannot deal with them. In organized play they can be very powerful if well positioned and supported by the group, but usually can be dealt with somewhat easily.

I still think they need a nerf of some kind though...instant 360 targeting, extremely long range, perfect precision at any distance, and no damage fall off at a distance is a bit much in my opinion. They might be able to be put back up too quickly when destroyed too. You destroy one, take a few steps and you die to a new one right away.

I'm not saying everything needs a nerf, but something needs to be looked at...it's especially disconcerting that in a skilled based game, they've put something like that, that requires zero skills. The turrets get a lot of PoTG all by themselves sometimes...it just feels off for this type of game.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Torb's turrets are in a strange place, they overpowered in pugs, people cannot deal with them. In organized play they can be very powerful if well positioned and supported by the group, but usually can be dealt with somewhat easily.

I still think they need a nerf of some kind though...instant 360 targeting, extremely long range, perfect precision at any distance, and no damage fall off at a distance is a bit much in my opinion. They might be able to be put back up too quickly when destroyed too. You destroy one, take a few steps and you die to a new one right away.

I'm not saying everything needs a nerf, but something needs to be looked at...it's especially disconcerting that in a skilled based game, they've put something like that, that requires zero skills. The turrets get a lot of PoTG all by themselves sometimes...it just feels off for this type of game.
Yea, that's sort of really the issue. They're a big issue in pugs, but not really a major deal in coordinated play. I dunno how you really address that, but keeping Torb as a headache for pugs is probably not the best idea.

Admittedly, most WoW "balance" is really rock, paper, scissors, so maybe he's "fine" in their eyes.

I swapped to him the other day in hanamura and just lol'd with a level 2 turret in the corner. Probably wasn't playing him right by babysitting the turret, but I was able to keep healing it while staying out of LOS myself, and it worked. I had it up and running and as soon as it popped to level 2 I got a triple.

Like, shit is hard man. So boring to play though.

The snap as I mentioned, is really a major issue, not to mention the accuracy. There's a bunch of example vids on youtube where someone dies to a turret, then you see the killcam and the turret doesn't even have LOS on the person. Possible that that is just the map, but christ that shit happens often.

Just so super unfun.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
My favorite thing right now is playing Rein and going melee apeshit when Lucio does his ult. Once I hear "the beat drop" my shield is down and I'm swinging.

I'm sure everyone else already knew to do this, but because I'm FPS retarded I've only started doing this a few days ago.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Torb is garbage, if you're dying to turret babysitters as pharah you're not out ranging it like you should be where you won't get hit and you'll out damage his heals

Cybsled

Console users are having the most trouble with him because of the gimpy console controls, if the Reddit threads are accurate.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Oh, yeah i can see that being a huge problem. That's why his win rate is like 70% last i saw. If you're on console that sucks lol

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Console users are having the most trouble with him because of the gimpy console controls, if the Reddit threads are accurate.
yeah.. lol i returned my ps4 OW and got it for PC. Wanted a reason to play my PS4 more but fuk

funny thing was prime had origins for sale like 48 bucks so now they're 59 so i sold mine used for 50..

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
If you're having issues with Torb I'd recommend playing as him for a little while. It seems like there isn't much to him but like all the classes you learn the nuances after putting the time in. I play him a lot and I think I'm pretty good with him. It goes much beyond pew pewing turrets obviously. But with that experience I never really have problems with him on the other side. Any class with range can peak corners and kill his lvl 2 turret in a few seconds. Less than that if you have a Rein on the team. Once you down that lvl 2, the Torb will try and build another immediately. If he's dumb it'll be somewhere around where the first one was downed. A Torb being fired on really can't build that turret and the lvl 1s go down after just a couple shots (along with him as he's trying to build).

Other than that, wait out Molten Core. It's not worth wasting a Winston ult to deal with that. Listen for the audio cue and just chill for 15 seconds.

I still end up playing S76 on offense more than any other character and I just make it my mission to take out Bastions and turrets.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I've been playing Junkrat a lot the last couple days and man he's pretty devastating. Fucking over Rein's shield is especially fun because they don't get to keep it up long if I'm around.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Torb is overpowered on consoles because the console play is so much slower and he is basically unchanged. I just played on PS4 for the first time this past week and I couldn't believe how differently the game plays compared to the PC version. I'm glad they aren't balancing both versions in the same way and I'm almost positive that Torb will be getting a console nerf in the near future.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Jesus, i just saw that genji gif linked above... knowing how to edge tech makes a genji player 100x better than your average genji lol. That shit is hard though
frown.png