Overwatch

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
12 games in a row, someone on my team left. I went from rank 46 to rank 38, fuck this leaver shit. I basically play competitive now to just fuck around and do what I want. If we win, great, if not, who cares. I have had people on my team get mad because of that, but do I care nope. Maybe if enough people complain, blizz will get off their ass and fix it.
Leavers in the low 40s is rough. I was at 49 and really happy with the quality of games in that high 40s range. Had an off night, fell to 44 and that seemed to be the cut off point to put me into the shitter bracket. Way less voice coms, way more perma snipers/torbs/genjis that suck and leavers every third game or so. Dealing with that put me all the way to 40 at one point.

At 42 or whatever I am now I realize I suck, but at least i play needed roles and don't ever quit.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah maybe leavers aren't a huge deal since I'm in the mid 50's. I've only had a few games where some asshole decides to ruin it.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
the dev said that rank won't matter much at the end of the season and everybody that played it will be rewarded. I think it's better to play and enjoy it than not playing.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
Hitbox talk again! They shrunk them a bit on test to try to prevent hanzo cornering, but they were intentionally large so you were right and I was wrong! (I figured it was some kind of buggery)

I wonder what the holdup is on the leaver fixes?

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I don't know if i'm crazy, but I have been noticing this on more and more occasions. At first it was just Junkrat tires, where I would shoot it, hear the tsk but no hit indicator and sometimes if I died to it in death cam, no hit.

It seems to be happening more and more. The classic no registry thing, but idk if it happens on a noticeably scale outside of Hanzo or Widow. It might even just be a Hanzo thing. It's has got to the point where its even players being hit, like the kinda hit where there is no conceivable way you missed, you get the tsk noise but no crosshair animation. Out of all the games I played last night, 5 or 6 kills were exactly that and one tire.

I think I saw it somewhere that its a bug that they're having a hard time finding? and it might have been found so? idk. I don't really pay attention to the news on it because it hasn't really been much of an issue at 'higher' rank play, like 55+ I haven't had any sort of leaver.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Does anyone else find Zen's heal/debuff character target boxes to be extremely distracting?

Like when you're trying to DPS someone down and these boxes keep popping up anytime another character crosses your sights

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Oh very minor thing, but it bugged the hell out of me on live...but they fixed the Rank xp bar, it's always the same scale now...no more zoom in and out making it difficult sometimes to see your progress. They also added markers at every 20%.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Hitbox talk again! They shrunk them a bit on test to try to prevent hanzo cornering, but they were intentionally large so you were right and I was wrong! (I figured it was some kind of buggery)

The hitboxes were always intentional. It's part of how they balance the game.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
I wouldn't be that surprised if the hitboxes get tuned down a little for PC but left at their original size for console, similar to the console-only Toblerone turret nerf.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
It sounded to me like the hit boxes aren't changing at all, they are just trying to fix the hitting people around corners problem. Projectile size and hitbox is still the same, just no more killing someone you can't actually see.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
A few more PTR observations. This only from competitive, since it's the only place to get good group composition since QP is basically 2-4 Ana minimum so getting a decent view of things is impossible.

I played a lot of Ana, Zenyetta and McCree, almost no D'va.

Nothing much has change on my observation on Ana. I'd just point out since I think I didn't before and not sure if it was mentioned here. But in scope mode her shot are hitscan, and when in regular mode, they are projectiles. I'm very confident that if her grenades and ultimate are not nerfed that she might end up being in used in most groups. Her heals are decent, her damage is ok, but her utility is huge.

Zenyetta is just a beast, his discord orb and damage was always very good, but his survivability was awful...now that is survivability is fixed, might be too good...he's simply awesome, his damage output is better due to the fact that he survives better, and doesn't die, or need to hide as much. Since it's almost all shields that regens, it's really good. Hide for a few seconds and you're ready to go again. The fast movement of his ultimate is a great improvement, since normally you were not usually with the group, as you player more range, and would get to the group late when using the ultimate reactively...that's no longer the case, you can pop your ultimate and run to the group...or run around a rather big area to provide healing to members spread around the control point...it's a really big change

McCree is in my opinion too deadly, even with the Mercy nerf back to 30% he does way too much damage from range.

Right now on the PTR, the new meta is often 3 supports...Ana, Zenyetta and either Mercy or Lucio...or Symetra on the maps where she is really good. Zenyetta essentially provides DPS that rivals the offensive classes while still providing solid healing. While Ana doesn't provide as much damage, she will get her fair share of kills, and offer a decent healing, and GREAT utility. And we're not talking gimmick group here...but seriously competitive group...the amount of healing and utility that a Ana/Zenyetta/Mercy can bring is ridiculous...and it does so by not reducing team DPS but that much.

That 3 support team will see almost all the tanks be viable. Reinhardt being the favourite because he probably makes the best use of Ana's ultimate right now. D'va is almost always used also, is either as a replacement for Reinhardt or as a second tank. Winston, Roadhog, and Zarya still see some play. Defensively, only Junkrat and Mei sees play right now...Widowmaker, Hanzo, Bastion, Torbjon are all but dead. On offence McCree is the only that still sees regular play, Reaper and Genji a little...but Tracer, Pharaah and Soldier 76 are all but completely gone.

Now I realize that this is the PTR and people are playing with the heroes that have changed a bit more, and the new hero...but I think a lot of this will carry over to live unless there are more changes before this hits live. Oh, of course part of this has to do with the fact that you can't hero stack in competitive...which just by itself changes group composition a lot.

It feels like a new game almost. The no hero stacking, a new hero, 3 classes receiving significant buffs. I hope it hits live soon. I haven't played a single live game since this hits the PTR as it's way way more fun.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I agree that triple support would be a very real and common thing as things are on PTR. I was talking about exactly that earlier. Possibly double and Zarya in a 2 tank setup, or even triple and Zarya solo with a good genji as one of the 2 damage spots (to make use of ana ult)

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Just had my best OW night ever... 100% win rate 8-0, rank 52 to 58 lol.
Probably just lucky teammates, think I'll take tomorrow off haha.

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yeah leavers in the sub 40 group seem pretty bad. My friend is a bit of a tilter (doesnt know when to quit) and went from 50 to 38 in the last coupla days, was complaining that the groups were a lot worse so he let me play a few on his account to see. First game, offensive toblerone the entire game, did absolutely nothing. Next game, we win first point on route 66 (a widow was just standing shooting me on 20 hp, not even sniping just shooting in the open), and after they wipe their entire team leaves except two people. Just absolutely unreal how quickly people seem to give up, and no-one enjoys that shit. Next few games were fine for leavers, but massive amount of salt and people telling other people what classes to play when their ever-so-confident choices were bullshit. We had a zen on offense and I was gonna ask him to change it up but everyone seems so prickly and uncompromising i just said fuck it and ran lucio myself, and we totally coasted to victory. Id wager if the people stuck in lower ratings made intelligent choices to the powerful meta picks and got their team to do the same, that alone would be enough to get them out of that bracket. But no, that hanzo isn't gonna play itself eh.

Nex

Molten Core Raider
Not sure what Blizzard is thinking with Attackers vs Defenders. Looking at the Masteroverwatch combat logs for seasonal play shows only 2 defenders (Bastion and Junkrat) average more damage than attackers. They're following closely by Pharah, Soldier, Reaper, and Roadhog. Whats the point of being a defender if the attackers can out damage you and often have better mobility. I just don't know sometimes...

and bastion basically loses any ability to impact a point aside from the last on any given map once he gets rooted out. I basically play bastion on first point and grab a couple kills then get nuked and switch to pharah or reaper.