Overwatch

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Yes and no. 140 at a close engagement, medium it fell off pretty hard, and long was non-existent. I have a handful of McCree mains that I talk to and play with, since release.. none of them stuck with McCree after FtH nerf. I mean they might have played him more if the 1hero limit was live at the sametime, but I heard nothing but complaining about how under powered he was... you were better off either getting double 76, tracer, or even reaper. None of the these guys are people below 60 rating if that means anything, and they're not complaining just so that McCree is at the top again. They might have upped his long range modifier a little too high, but in regular competitive, you were way better off getting double 76.

I mean, over all.. its a game with 22 something heroes and counting, so not all patches are going to make everyone happy and a perfect balance might never exist. There are micro changes that can balance the game in iterations, but there will always be something that offsets it at another point. It'll be easier to balance now that they can focus on single heroes rather than stacking heroes. McCree until something changes will be going from less than 25% play time, to 100% play time. Champions like 76 and Pharah are going to drop below 50%, 76 might even go below 25%, hard to say because he still a very solid sustained fighter. I think a happy medium is getting characters to roughly above 45% play time, and the game will be pretty balanced but it ain't gonna happen ! metas are metas for a reason, and there aren't enough champions to fluctuate meta breaking yet.
Agreed but they need to address Defense characters in some form, they are barely used.....if at all.

Maybe a new map/gamemode type.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I think a new map/gamemode is confirmed next in terms of content? I don't remember. I think there was like a game mode, and 4 maps hopefully before the end of the year? iunno.

I really think once they figure out how to sweet spot McCree, which I seriously seriously think its just the time on shots fired.. we will see more love towards defense heroes.

Hanzo and Widow are being far too punished by the new McCree, so settling that will help figure out what they could do for those two. Though I think Widow is fine, esp if they some how buff the Junkrat.. Widow paired with a McCree will be really good at dealing with siege.

I was theorycrafting with some of my friends about Mei, and making Mei's wall more 'indefinite' and lowering the HP to 300 or so on each pillar which is 4 rein swings?.. so that it acts as a better buffer for her team, and on the same coin allows the other team to focus it down like a non-ethereal shield. It would be less timed based, because as of now using it as a defensive early.. you just time it with a lucio or cordinate with your team to push after its down and gg.. using it on offense is okay but it only last so long it doesn't really help her over all. Her close quarter fighting is still great, and she would go hand in hand with a Bastion comp because that is more protection, and forced tunneling that she can create for him and her teammates.

Idk what they could do with Torb, I dont play him. I thought maybe giving his turrets a, like, heimer rocket every x seconds? I lol'd and said bola.. but who knows. I've seen people on this forum cry about him, when I see him hes always a non factor until molten core.

Cybsled

As a Zarya player, I love all the Dva spam. They forget that Zarya's regular left click ignores Defense Matrix, so it is pretty easy to melt them when they rush in thinking they have god mode activated.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
As a Zarya player, I love all the Dva spam. They forget that Zarya's regular left click ignores Defense Matrix, so it is pretty easy to melt them when they rush in thinking they have god mode activated.
At the same time, unless you have full charge, Zarya beam tickles on D-va's mech due to how small ticks of damage interact with flat damage reduction on armor. And she has no real way to prevent D-Va from just running past her/away either. She does well at making it so D-Va can't rush down a healer and get out though with the barrier, so yeah works fine, but a lot of the tanks do annoying stuff against D-Va anyway, Reinhardt and Winston can block your ult entirely, Reinhardt can smack you into a wall easily due to the big model and defense matrix doesn't block hammer down, Roadhog can easily 1vs1 beat you down without losing much health and can hook you back if you try to fly away and pretty sure defense matrix doesn't block hook either(although it does block his whole ult) and yeah Zarya is annoying with the barriers and can't be blocked by defense matrix. She doesn't match very well against other tanks other than Winston 1vs1 unless he has his ult.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
I haven't found a roadhog I can't beat. I mean yes, every 6(8)? seconds he gets a guaranteed hook+left click on you, but you should be able to burn him down and alternate DM between his 4 (3 after he hook+leftclicks) shotguns before reloading. Usually once you get him down 200-300 hp he heals, which is actually less hp for him in the long run if you gun for his head, and then a booster to dodge the hook is an autowin.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Alternating defense matrix is only going to work once though, unless he's dumb as shit. Since there's a cooldown on defense, he can just wait it out, and shoot as soon as you drop it. It's a bit like hooking Zarya, you shoot her once+melee for the combo after the hook, but then you don't fire again because in most cases she'll shield right after your first shot, so you just wait for it to go and finish her with the next 3 shots.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Yea but it's not like Zarya's shield, once hers is down it's down. You can DM fire + DM fire constantly and he either starts trying to time his shots, or just gets eaten. He gets a second window to time his shots, and it's not hard to fake him out by waiting an extra half sec on your DM. He'll either heal, reload, or try to fire.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
The "overwatch open" tourney allows Ana. Watching Luminosity using her on first point attack at Hollywood, from yesterday. Seemed to work!
biggrin.png

BTW that tourney is really well done. It looks like they have multiple spectators and they switch between them at good times, and after they do their own recaps from good moments.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah the meta still seems somewhat up in the air. Shocked to see such a drop in Mercy play.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I'm surprised we aren't seeing more 3 support play in that tourney. Shit like Mercy Zen Ana or Lucio Zen Ana with like Rein Mcree and D'va/Zarya/Genji. It feels like such a strong comp on attack to me, literally just ult and win game.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I think Ana/Zen/Ana'sBuffBitch +McCree/X/X is going to be the new meta. Probably Ana/Zen/Reinhardt +McCree as the gold standard. A buffed Reinhardt is only countered by a sleep dart, Zen Ult, Reinhardt Charge, or perfect Mei wall.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Anyone using a 1070 or 1080 and notice lower fps in this?

My 970 averaged 130 to 150 fps, my 1070 averages 110ish and just a minute ago 63 until I restarted. Isn't the cpu because it's a 6700k and I have 16gb ram. Seems like it might be an issue on the forums but I don't know.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The last few days of overwatch competitive almost didn't see a single game without a D-Va on both teams. Some maps she was switched out for Rein/Zarya, but a lot were D-Va/Zarya or D-Va/Rein. And yeah very few mercy, mostly Lucio+Zen everywhere. For damage, it seems to be mostly Mccree+Genji/Tracer with a few different picks every now and then depending on maps. Was EU tournament stuff though I think, NA meta might be different.

gauze

Molten Core Raider

My 970 averaged 130 to 150 fps, my 1070 averages 110ish and just a minute ago 63 until I restarted. Isn't the cpu because it's a 6700k and I have 16gb ram. Seems like it might be an issue on the forums but I don't know.
wat, something is going on there i'm at 200-250fps with a 770 on low, if I crank everything up i'm at like 130-140.

Astaire_sl

shitlord

1080 GTX FTW getting around 144fps at 1440p/144hz on full ultra. i5-6600k OC'd to 4.4ghz.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Finally a good weekend...started at 38, went all the way down to 36, before going on a winning streak up to 45. All solo queueing, so very happy.
smile.png