Overwatch

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So I'm suprised on rr thread, more people arn't talking much about Ana. I'm not sure I agree w/ a comment that's she's high skill ceiling at least in the sense of a twitch lord genjii. But certainly need huge awareness to be making the right decisions re healing vs damage.

I did like her on first map of KOTH on anubis for shutting down bastions. (Sleep them until yall get past or if close enough can grenade them if they have mercy)

Healing friendlies when they being a spaz even not under fire like tracer can be maddening.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
ana's numbers will never be that big, you might be able to get gold in obj kills but usualy the limits are silver in kills, but even that is rare, she doesnt do that much damage. she's like average offense and healing. Her Ult though is beastly. The shitty part is when someone walks in front of who you want to ult. lol
It's super easy to get gold heals with Ana, by a long shot even if you really focus on it. No other character can dump the amount of healing per second that she can. The last patch that boosted her made a massive difference. I find getting big damage numbers to be more difficult, but that is probably mostly because its a secondary focus most games.

Ana is the fucking truth boys

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
Are you sure about that 3 in a row thing? I played a long streak a few nights ago and it was mostly bad. I lost my typical 1-2 notches for all of that.

It does make sense though. Almost exactly what I observed last night.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Is there a cooldown to this if you take a break?
Nope, can take a break. I went on 10 match win streaks and after a while it was just 1 level per. win,its actually the 4th win when you get full levels. Same with Losses. I also have been on 6-7 match losses and your level's just go down.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Are you sure about that 3 in a row thing? I played a long streak a few nights ago and it was mostly bad. I lost my typical 1-2 notches for all of that.

It does make sense though. Almost exactly what I observed last night.
yep, its something like 2 bars first win, 3 bars 2nd win, 3/4 of a bar for the 3rd win, then the 4th is like 100 percent per level if not, its about 95.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So I'm suprised on rr thread, more people arn't talking much about Ana. I'm not sure I agree w/ a comment that's she's high skill ceiling at least in the sense of a twitch lord genjii. But certainly need huge awareness to be making the right decisions re healing vs damage.

I did like her on first map of KOTH on anubis for shutting down bastions. (Sleep them until yall get past or if close enough can grenade them if they have mercy)

Healing friendlies when they being a spaz even not under fire like tracer can be maddening.

I have found her completely underwhelming. As genji she's incredibly easy to shutdown. She's only got one weapon and her dart. You can reflect the weapon and dart is usually hit or miss. I just haven't been up against one that does anything meaningful.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
I have found her completely underwhelming. As genji she's incredibly easy to shutdown. She's only got one weapon and her dart. You can reflect the weapon and dart is usually hit or miss. I just haven't been up against one that does anything meaningful.
Its her Ult that makes her damned good. Given to the correct character, they will wipe out a team in seconds. What i like about ana, is she wrecks pharah's.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>

I've slept Genji as he ults on multiple occasions, so satisfying :) I think Ana is good but high skill cap. Requires a lot more awareness than other healers and she's very reliant on accuracy.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I wouldnt say she is a top choice. But that when doing well, it's still easy not to be noticed. Especially without a scoreboard. You may not medal damage but in some games I feel kinda sure I may have been 4th, certainly more than a mercy. Usually pick up at least a few elims (my favorite is darting pharah in the air and once on the ground nade + shot for the kill on ground) Which is certainly I think competitive with a lucio and more than a mercy (Mercy ult godly though......)

I've had a few games though just today ranking up 4 levels (So a lot) where there were certainly clutch moves I dont think you could do with others. Mix of sleeping bastions stationary or ult, sleeping other ults. Some good nades on mercy targets, etc. I do kinda wish she had a little more conventional heal or more aim on it as it can certainly suck healing anyone fast. Scope seems pointless unless hiding in a tiny crack to snipe a widow or something, the hip fire is plenty accurate to pretty long ranges.

Does suck ulting someone who then hides or otherwise does shit... that's biggest weakness be more effective in groups esp if you can voicechat to hold the fuck still as if she's getting concentrated healing, it's actually pretty good.

Or put another way, I'm more interested in seein Sym buffs than Ana right now. I weep every pub with a sym. Usually lose point before she ever gets a portal down. While it can be powerful, I dont think it's enough to offset her otherwise kinda weak overall game. The 25 shield is not noticable except in some particular widow shot vs head/body type deal. The turrets are good for a couple gotcha kills before being wiped out and it takes time to re make the nest. Her ray certainly can get scary, but for someone so fragile sticking around that long and getting in there can be rough.

I'd like to see something like the shield increased to like 50 or 75 (Given that you can't immediately replace someones who's depleted) or if you keep it at 25, at least be able to spam it on someone taking damage as she is sitting in the healer/support category afterall.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I think Symetra shields could go back up to 50 since Zen orbs changed to line of sight (though I would still nerf discord). I feel like she's only good on 2 points in the game (first point Hollywood and Hanamura), and even then I don't usually feel that good about it.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
That doesn't make sense. Rank is a zero-sum deal where your opponents lose the amount that you gain. There's no guarantee that anyone else playing in the same game as you is on the same streak.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
That doesn't make sense. Rank is a zero-sum deal where your opponents lose the amount that you gain. There's no guarantee that anyone else playing in the same game as you is on the same streak.
it only matters of your streak. Not the team streak. I have tested this over and over and paid attention works the same every time. you might get a little more or less if you are the underdog or the higher ranked team, but not that much more.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Almost 99 percent sure this is wrong. I don't think any modern ladders work with zero-sum. They very specifically do NOT show you the inner math, and typically the ladders get fucked up over time because its not zero-sum. Somewhat recently Valve had to unfuck its CSGO ladder because shit was wacky, way too many people in ranks they shouldn't be.

Simas_sl

shitlord
No, its not. One of the main complaints if you usually lose more rank from a loss than you gain from a win. That wouldn't be the case if opponents lose the amount you gain.

I've seen the streak thing too and gained, and lost, full levels.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
No, its not. One of the main complaints if you usually lose more rank from a loss than you gain from a win. That wouldn't be the case if opponents lose the amount you gain.

I've seen the streak thing too and gained, and lost, full levels.
from when i started tracking, i havent noticed much of an exp drop after a win streak. especially the first loss. Like i said, if you are not the underdog then a little more exp will be lost, but not that much to where im like fuck. I have played alot of games, im close to my damned golden gun. I didnt start keeping track though until about a week ago.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Master Overwatch has nice little bell curve graph that shows you where your comp skill rank places. Seems like 50-51 are dead in the middle and anything 65 and above is the top 5% of all players.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well, I seem to have stabilized at around 44-46 range for now...went all the way to 48 before settling back in that range which is not bad.

The thing that I dislike at this level range, is the amount of people raging in chat. I hope there is no limit to the block feature because I have a lot. :)

The sad part is that most of the ragers are the bad players, not the good ones. The good guys try to get the team to work together, or are too busy being good rather than spend half the game typing. :)