Overwatch

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Mercy is pretty fucking boring to play. But you do end up being crucial to your team's success so whatever.

ex-genj

Golden Squire
Man lol @ sombra on payload defense in mystery heroes. Keep a cycle of 3-4 packs hacked and red team is totally helpless.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I've decided I hate losing more than I hate playing Mercy. I swear I have to play her 80% of my games.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I agree playing mercy sucks but why are you gonna waste 15-45 minutes of your time just to lose? I see it all the time, I go moira, other guy goes lucio or zen, we lose cause other team has mercy, after first or second round I go mercy and we win, and why cause I'm flying high no ones killing me and I res two people.

When they're going pirate ship and you kill bastion and mercy resses that son of a bitch and you do it again and she resses him again, its a no brainer. It is boring, and people think I'm a mercy main too hahaha but I'm thinking hey dude I have a 70% win rate on moira and you want me to play mercy which I feel some no brain idiot can play while I kill people on moira, but push comes to shove I want to go up not down the ladder and I'll play her if it means we win. The nerf will be nice thats for sure.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Rez is just stupid. She's gotta be gutted to offset the stupid ability. They should remove it entirely, or , give rez to all healers, make it a 60sec cooldown, switching healers doesn't reset it. Then rez becomes more tactical and requires some coordination

ex-genj

Golden Squire
This is more or less why I instalock tank most the time lately. I don't want to be forced to play Mercy and I'm not especially good at DPS and don't really want to take the slot/get pressured to switch etc. I actually like support but refuse to play Mercy. After the nerf its probably fine.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
All the good OWL matches are on tomorrow. Seoul is having no problems with Florida as expected. They even subbed in second stringers today. It's also the same fucking maps from last week.

I also found out there are no live subs in between rounds. They all must be planned ahead. If someone has the hot hand or is sucking balls that day they can't be subbed because subs are planned in advance. What a stupid rule.

I really hated how they set this league up. There should have been a draft in the pre-pre-season and teams should have been able to draft players instead of a whole SK team being signed. I bet they have no kind of off-season draft either so the teams that sucked balls get better. The same could be said for having an expansion draft for any expansion teams. Teams that didn't get in the first season are going to have slim pickings at talent.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah, this Florida game is ugly. The fact that they didn't even bother to sign subs says a lot. I'll be interested to see how Shanghai plays later, because both them and Mayhem have been fairly uncompetitive so far - making for some really crappy viewing.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Never done this in competitive before, first time. lol wow

YO.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
OWL needs to diversify the map selection, this is getting boring already seeing the same maps 2 weeks in a row.

They seriously need to improve the downtime. Watching a countdown for 2 minutes, or players stats is boring as shit.

I know I've said this before, but while seeing the guys pull amazing crazy widow plays...fuck the games are boring when there's a widow. She has too much of an impact on the pacing of the game.

If the defensive widow has an early pick, the offensive team stops, and wait for a reset and it slows the game. On offense, the team is almost always waiting for their widow to get a pick before engaging. The teams end up getting to scare to engage, and it becomes a wait and see thing, and slows the game down too much and it gets boring.

I'd be curious to see how many team fights there are in a game with a widow versus a game without any widow. I'm sure it's significantly less when a widow is present.

They also need to show more viewpoints then Tracer, Genji and Widowmaker.

This is mostly out of their control, but there's also way too much dive comp. Not enough variety in what we see in each matches.

I like the league, and think it's an extremely interesting concept to see. I think the issue I mentioned though will affect long term interest. Same maps all the time, little variety in team comps which means we see little variety in hero played, too much focus on the viewpoint of DPS(genji, tracer and widowmaker), and widowmaker slowly down the pacing of the game too much(in my opinion). It creates a stale viewing experience.

It's a fun experience to watch though. The skill level of these guys is amazing. The speed at which some of them build their ultimate is absolutely ridiculous. Last week, watching Pine on McCree was just beautiful. He dominated so much...it was like watching a GM player in a Gold ranked game. :)

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Widow will be more fun to watch once Mercy goes away. Right now the risk/reward for Widow is really awkward because while your picks get erased you also can play more boldly knowing you yourself can get rezzed.

Needless

Toe Sucker
theres no reason a company like blizzard can't build what steam does with HLTV, delay the live feed by ~3 minutes and then allow people to watch it in game doing your own camera work, or switching player perspectives etc.