Overwatch

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
85K, viewership is down again.

Same fucking maps again? Why aren’t they playing the other maps?

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
LOL, Bdosin(sp?) on Zenyetta sniping both snipers(Hanzo and Widow) back to back on the same play.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
85K, viewership is down again.

Same fucking maps again? Why aren’t they playing the other maps?

They set the league up to have the maps change in Stages. There won't be any different maps till Stage 2 which starts on Febuary 21st. Blizzard is literally killing viewership on purpose. I'm getting more and more turned off from the league as the weeks go by.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
WoW that’s such an horrible idea.

They have enough maps for of each type so we shouldn’t see the same map on any given night since only have 3games a night. Except maybe when matches go to 5.

That would probably give us more diverse team comp, and different overall strategies.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
So i did my 10 placement matches, all solo queue.. and wound up in Gold at about 2350.

Honestly i expected bronze or is it like only the absolute worse get below gold?

Last edited:

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
The middle of gold is perfectly average. I don't know the percentages of the other rankings.

Very happy to see spoiler spoiler spoiler

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Would anyone be interested in adding me to a competitive group? or forming part of one with me?

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
LA Gladiators is my team. They are going to have lots of difficulty though. They are interesting to watch, have some interesting strategy for each map, but their ability to adapt during a match is pretty bad. They seem very stubborn about not switching during a match, and trying to make things work that are obviously not.

Asher is the weak link, all he can do is a one trick Tracer, his Widowmaker is horrible, worse I’ve seen in OWL. It’s hard to figure out why they put him on Widowmaker and bench Surefour. They seem to want to alternate their DPS, and give them equal play time.

Going into match 5, it’s going to be interesting to see what they try.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, I'm not sure why they keep subbing out Surefour. He's the most versatile player on their roster and always performs well. Not using him on Junkertown is just idiocy. I don't know how they go from out strategizing the Valiant on the first two maps and then go completely dumb on strats the next two maps. The last point on LiJiang was stupid too. The team comp they used was terrible.

Everytime I see Surefour kicking ass, I think of Calvin's voice from this clip:

OMG LANE ROBERTS!

Last edited:

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
So id m 10 placement matches, all solo quue.. and wound up in Gold at about 2350.

Honestly i expected bronze or is it like only the absolute worse get below gold?
gotta see how you keep it! 2 seasons ago i started off at 1325 lol. i have been so close to plat, but not quite. so frustrating! i dont mind losing, but losing to stupidity bugs me! lol

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Moira can very easily out heal a Mercy. She has an AOE 80 HPS heal ...
Sure if you're a heal focused Moira, I'm always off in the flank killing the healers so I'm not someone just sitting around healing. I know it sounds silly but the range and lack of sound on moira's right click makes her a great flanker and once the healers die I kill the dps if my team hasnt pushed through by then. I also counter pharah, genjis and tracers too so I usually try to bring a friend that plays mercy so I know the heals wont be lacking and that I can counter who I need to. I hate when I'm a dps and we have a moira and then someone says well we have a genji problem its like no moira kill that sob he can't deflect your attack just your orbs.

But I've learned that when youre going up against 6 stacks or healers that are in a group they usually are very good at replying/defending with their group mates to my flank attacks, then I generally heal more and flank less lol.

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
So id m 10 placement matches, all solo quue.. and wound up in Gold at about 2350.

If you're mechanically ordinary (fps experience) and you just play objectives and strong picks, you'll expect to be around low gold. In silver is when I see people who aren't great mechanically (poor tracking, slow reactions, reaaally high sens/low sens, no gamesense, stupid picks). I can't even lose games to get into bronze when I just fuck around on mei freezing people at spawn, so I assume bronze is kids/women/older people.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
so I assume bronze is kids/women/older people.

Also people who rage through the roof and go to Troll Town for a few hours. Pretty much everyone sub Gold has serious tilt issues that they can't or won't address. At least, in my group of friends.

• 1Smuggly
Reactions: 1 user

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I sit next to two people in bronze. One is like sr 850 other is like 1200 or something. Its ... interesting. The biggest thing I notice is their positioning is beyond abysmal.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
LA vs LA was amazing to watch. It was fun to see some great Lucio play at some point. I'm tired of Mercy so much.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I'm very close to bronze. Statwise my mercy has similar stats to people in grandmaster. I have decent aim but slow reactions (old).

My biggest problems are that I don't join voice, and I seem to consistently get terrible teammates.

If there was something cool to buy with competitive points I'd be more into it, but I'd rather do mystery heroes.

Mystery heroes with no nerds yelling in voice and just leaving when you go to assault maps == funmode.

BTW, even though I hate the 2 point capture mode, I actually really enjoy watching the first point anubis strategies in the league.

Last edited: