Owning and maintaining an inground pool.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
I think I see a goldfish in the lower left.

That answers all your resale problems, dude. It's not an inground pool... it's a GIANT Koi pond. Just throw some rocks and ferns around and push the Fung Shui angle.

Or stock it with some catfish and trout and sell it as, "The Lazy Fisherman"
No resale issues here. I'm not leaving this house until I die. If it were up to me, I'd turn it into a bomb/tornado/fallout shelter, but the wife seems to think it's worth it. Or will be when she actually gets off her ass and done something with it. I am in complete disagreement and feel it's a waste of space, time, and money, but you don't win every fight when you're married, and some of them aren't worth having.

As far as I'm concerned, it's 20x40 + patio + fence that I don't have to mow.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
If you're planning on putting one in yourself, make sure you have lots of help and do it in the early Spring or something. Last summer we put a pool in at my brother-in-law's place. It was absolutely brutal. We did everything but the backhoe work (and my father-in-law actually did some of that). It was probably a good $10-15,000 in savings, but man did it suck.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Had between 15 and 20 adults/kids in the pool all day yesterday and today, definitely worth it though was 95 degrees yesterday and today.