Paleo 101: How and why you should eat like a Caveman

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Ive done CrossFit for over a year. Its been great to me. My endurance is way up, so is my strength. My guy is a good friend of mine who owns his own box, we do 1 on 1 custom training twice a week, so its not a one size fits all like that article complains about. I've never gotten a single injury, not even a minor one. Form is something we always work on all the time, moreso than anything else.

Crossfit is a solid program in my opinion, but the administration and certification of that program is what handicap it.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
just saw Burnesto's pictures. that shit is BEYOND retarded.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
This thread is beyond full retard. All this fad diet shit. It seems the latest methodology in pseudoscience is to try to pick apart medical literature as some justification for having a misinformed opinion.

EAT LESS. MOVE MORE. Nothing else matters. Picking away at the quagmire of scientific literature will only confuse the matter, especially with idiots that don't understand the difference between causation and correlation and other basic logical fallacies, demonstrated repeatedly in this thread by dashel, et al. I love when things are complex but this is truly a topic where Occam's razor needs to be employed.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
EAT LESS. MOVE MORE. Nothing else matters.
This is the kind of inane regurgitation that people run into when they look to try and drop some pounds and we wonder why it's a nation of fat asses. Instead of coke, drink diet coke because it has less calories. Reach for the Dannon Lite, skim milk and ice cream with 1/3rd less fat. Then go on the treadmill. Nothing else matters just like the Metallica song. I'm sure you'll keep what little muscle you have and burn fat like a beast. It has nothing to do with the type of food or exercise, or even metabolism. Just eat less and move more. Good luck.

I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
This is the kind of inane regurgitation that people run into when they look to try and drop some pounds and we wonder why it's a nation of fat asses. Instead of coke, drink diet coke because it has less calories. Reach for the Dannon Lite, skim milk and ice cream with 1/3rd less fat. Then go on the treadmill. Nothing else matters just like the Metallica song. I'm sure you'll keep what little muscle you have and burn fat like a beast. It has nothing to do with the type of food or exercise, or even metabolism. Just eat less and move more. Good luck.

I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul.
Paleo diet: I lost weight!
Atkins diet: I lost weight!
South beach diet: I lost weight!
Keto: I lost weight!
All carb diet: I lost weight!
All bacon diet: I lost weight!

What do all these have in common?
rrr_img_10979.png

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
What about Asians? Pretty much all they eat is rice, and they live forever.
There was a Ted talk about longevity that was studying populations of people with extreme ages.

The longest living people's in the world are a small group in Italy and in Japan. They both have average lifespans of 97+, they also have just phenomenally low rates of diseases. There is also a population in the U.S. that has a 90+ lifespan, the 7 day adventists in California.

The common links were.

1.) They work until they die. Everyone in these communities has a job until they croak--if you fish, you fish until you die. If you raise children, the community calls on you even at 90+ to come watch their kids.

2.) Their jobs are contained, and do not produce much stress in their life--this one was hard to quantify but because these people often didn't look to live beyond a comfortable lifestyle, they often never experienced high stress levels from work. Each community for example did NOTHING on their "day of rest" (Communities just shut down)...And when they came home from work, they had allotted times in which the outside world and worries were not discussed. (Essentially after the final meal, all anyone did was relax.)

3.) The older they got, the more important they got. Essentially in each of these communities, as someone got older, they weren't ignored--rather they were elevated to "elder" status. And given high honors. People constantly went seeking their advice or asked them to attend events (Even strangers).

4.) They all have a diet rich in simple grains (Rice, Pasta), fruits, vegetables and fish. Very rarely any other meats. And their portion sizes are actually small--even smaller than what's recommended.

Those were the main commonalities. Was very interesting to watch.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Paleo diet: I lost weight!
Atkins diet: I lost weight!
South beach diet: I lost weight!
Keto: I lost weight!
All carb diet: I lost weight!
All bacon diet: I lost weight!

What do all these have in common?
rrr_img_10979.png
From the OP:

Whatever happened to "Eat less exercise more"? That works.

This works for pure weight loss, generally speaking. Paleo is not a diet in the sense of how many people use the word. It's not a fat loss diet. It's a diet in the sense of here's what you should try to eat to be healthy.

The other problem with "eat less exercise more" is when you run into the person eating only pizza, bagels, cereal, ramen noodles, take out food etc and say "well just eat half a bagel and run around the block". They may lose weight but it's not really hitting the core of the problem. They'll likely be even more hungry... less food more expenditure... and it will be much more difficult to keep that up. Once they fail, the weight comes right back. You're also more likely to lose muscle and lean body mass, which isn't very helpful at all.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Thats paleo logic so dont worry. They want to emulate the diet of cavemen but consume refined/manufactured oils(butter, olive oil) no problem.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
This thread is beyond full retard. All this fad diet shit. It seems the latest methodology in pseudoscience is to try to pick apart medical literature as some justification for having a misinformed opinion.

EAT LESS. MOVE MORE. Nothing else matters. Picking away at the quagmire of scientific literature will only confuse the matter, especially with idiots that don't understand the difference between causation and correlation and other basic logical fallacies, demonstrated repeatedly in this thread by dashel, et al. I love when things are complex but this is truly a topic where Occam's razor needs to be employed.
you just wasted time disputing a claim no one in this thread has even made

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
you just wasted time disputing a claim no one in this thread has even made
Eh, actually you and Dashel disputed the fact that you both misquote and misunderstand the literature. Well, maybe you didn't quite dispute it, you just got your asses handed to you, especially when you tried to claim you were a "biochemist/lipid researcher." Neither of you had the first idea what you were even looking at, and couldn't discuss it remotely intelligently. LOL. Where did you come up with that one?

supertouch_sl

shitlord
posting the same meaningless studies and then telling someone to come up with a double-blind experiment isn't handing someone his ass. you're one of the most pathetic pieces of shit i've ever encountered on the internet. stick to talking about fake girlfriends.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
posting the same meaningless studies and then telling someone to come up with a double-blind experiment isn't handing someone his ass. you're one of the most pathetic pieces of shit i've ever encountered on the internet. stick to talking about fake girlfriends.
Lol. You're a fucking retard who didn't understand the basics of your criticism of a study, and then fabricated a fake job title for themselves.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
I lost 15 pounds on a coldstone creamery diet. I had a large 'cookie dough'nt ya want some' or 'all lovin no oven' shake for lunch, a light dinner, and regular exercise. I gained muscle mass and lost significant body fat. Should I now go buy a phd from a carribean island and write a shitty book?

Even stupid diet fads can work. Why? Because it simply comes down to calories in versus out. You can do it the right way, like a balanced diet with small meals and regular exercise.

Or you can stuff yourself with brontosaurus burgers and steak.

Either way you will lose weight, if the net caloric output is negative.