a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Palm Springs (2020)

Tagline: Live like there's no tomorrow

Genre: Comedy, Romance, Fantasy, Mystery

Director: Max Barbakow

Cast: Andy Samberg, Cristin Milioti, J.K. Simmons, Peter Gallagher, Meredith Hagner, Camila Mendes, Tyler Hoechlin, Chris Pang, Jacqueline Obradors, June Squibb, Tongayi Chirisa, Dale Dickey, Conner O'Malley, Jena Friedman, Brian Duffy, Martin Kildare, Lilli Birdsell, Ryan Sturtz, Clifford V. Johnson, Calki Garcia, Isla Sellers, Matt Smith, Rebecca Smith, Jake Smith, Noah Smith, Rocky Bonifield, Erin Flannery, David Hutchison, Mark Kubr, David Philip Reed

Release: 2020-07-10

Runtime: 90

Plot: When carefree Nyles and reluctant maid of honor Sarah have a chance encounter at a Palm Springs wedding, things get complicated when they find themselves unable to escape the venue, themselves, or each other.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
This started off decent but turned into a pretty gay chick flick by the end. Thumbs down.

spronk

FPS noob
Not bad but its definitely more rom than com, especially in the second half. Groundhog Day is way better, but I guess it would be really hard to top that.

imo a better time loop movie that is way more funny is Happy Death Day, 1 & 2

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I enjoy time loop movies. That this was kind of a "this dude's been living it forever" where you see Bill Murray probably years or decades into it made it a little more interesting.

I'd really like to see them do a movie based on Replay. It's a book about a guy who has a heart attack in middle age and wakes up again as a late teenager, but keeps all his memories. Probably my favorite book (First Fifteen Lives of Harry August being good too, but with more of a crazy sci-fi subplot).

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
the thing i liked about this movie specifically, was that it started off with andy samberg already in a screaming depression from it all. we don't have to sit through andy samberg being confused by what happened, we don't have to watch him realize that there are no consequences and doing whatever he wants... we just watch him live in this nihilistic reality that nothing he does has any meaning or impact, and he can't even kill himself just to be done with it all. it's truely miserable.

but then we go through all that with the chick and it totally changes the movie from being something really interesting to something boring and played out.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
This is a pretty good movie. Not great, not bad, just good. Doesn't try to be more than what it is, very good "Thursday night, what should we watch?" kind of movie.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This is a pretty good movie. Not great, not bad, just good. Doesn't try to be more than what it is, very good "Thursday night, what should we watch?" kind of movie.

it's definitely a covid movie. there's such a drought of entertainment right now that you'll kind of watch anything. and i don't mean that negatively, necessarily... i put it on the other month just because i was like... i need something other than re-runs... and like you said, it's not terrible, and it's not great. i'm not even sure i'd call it a popcorn flick where you just turn your brain off and enjoy it... it just... it is what it is... it wasn't a waste of my time... which is kind of the best praise it's going to get. "it'll kill a couple hours."

SDsurfer

Trakanon Raider
I watched it this weekend and really enjoyed it. It's less comedic than Groundhogs day, yet more thought provoking.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just gave this a watch. It was a really fun movie. Hulu seems to do really well with their original stuff. Highly recommend.

• 1Like
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database