Palworld (Pokemon with Guns and Bukkake, minus the Bukkake)

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Seems dumb on Microsofts part to not fast track getting the updated version on gamepass. They have a hit game for the first time this generation that isn't on Playstation.

This hit over 1.2 Millon concurrent on steam.

And over 4 million sold now. Would love to see a noclip documentary on what is going on at the studio in Japan right now.

Last edited:

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Would love to see a noclip documentary on what is going on at the studio in Japan right now.
giphy.gif

• 8Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 9 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I started on the game pass. Got to about 15 and it was fun, so bought the steam for the $26 or w/e it was.

Still think its dumb its 2 versions behind. When its just patches that need to be done to update it. Some kind of squabble between the two or just laziness?
Gamepass is apparently a giant clusterfuck to get releases approved. So I'm guessing it's probably sitting there waiting for someone to look it over.

It's likely a Microsoft issue and not the developer.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
So I finally got a friend interested and he helped me debug my lack of options. He put a linux server on docker and fired it up, and it makes a PalWorldSettings.ini down in Pal/Saved/Config/LinuxServer. Mine never did this.

So I shut mine down, copied his file into the right spot and started it back up and it immediately zeros the file out.

The only other difference we could find is I installed from a real steam client while he used steamcmd. So I installed a new server with steamcmd on another drive and fired it up and same problem. No ini file and if you make one it clears it. :emoji_shrug:

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I started on the game pass. Got to about 15 and it was fun, so bought the steam for the $26 or w/e it was.

Still think its dumb its 2 versions behind. When its just patches that need to be done to update it. Some kind of squabble between the two or just laziness?
Updating through MS is a notorious headache. I'd imagine that has something to do with it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
No clue if anyone's tested it out, but would it be worthwhile leveling up the pals you just have sitting at your base doing work? Like, do they get higher stats to work faster if they level up?

Or would the only advantage be for defense?

Caliane

No clue if anyone's tested it out, but would it be worthwhile leveling up the pals you just have sitting at your base doing work? Like, do they get higher stats to work faster if they level up?

Or would the only advantage be for defense?
not exactly. merging pals upgrades their active party skill. it also gives a small bonus to attack/defense stats. (well, tier 1 upgrade anyway, no idea what 2-5 tiers do.)

Lucky/shiney have work bonuses. it outright says that. other personality mods, can also give bonuses to work.
Breeding, can be used to merge good personality mods such as lucky/workaholic for major work bonuses.
Going to the upgrade statue and spending pal souls can also be used to upgrade work.

Theres also items you can craft and place in your base that speed up specific work types. like, toolbox speeds up handicraft.

the innate working skills, like watering lvl1, or watering lvl2. afaik, don't change. those are just innate to pal type.

If you mean raw leveling up, and not those specific upgrades, then that is also just defense/attack/hp.
They do passively gain exp while working.

• 1Like

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
When can you get a 2nd base up and running? I think I'm at level 18 or so, and bade upgrade is level 8 or 9 I think.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The shortage of ore/bars getting in to the level 30ish range is fucking brutal.

Even just keeping a stock of bullets/pokeballs is a nightmarish fulltime job just getting all the ore you need.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Ore isn’t an issue if you just go to the church. There’s like 7 nodes that spawn quickly and you get 150bars worth of ore per clear.

• 1Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
My miners ignore the ore deposits. They go after the stone ones but even if you throw them at the ore they ignore it.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They have to have level 2 mining to auto get ores.

The video iirc gives 2. Tombat is easy to get, in the starter zone at night. The kingpen is a boss. ANother video I saw , if you go more north, there is two pets that do it also (digtoise and dumud, but these are level 19ish).

A change I would like to see, not requiring you to sit there and hold F to make something. Yes I know pals can do it, but sometimes they are busy or what not, or you want it right away. Should just be able to hit F and my character sits there and works and I can look at other monitor or such. Had to make a high grade medical supply and even with the occasional help just took forever.

Also make it easier to assign pals to tasks. Throwing them at the thing you want them to sit on can be real buggy sometimes. Half the time it just says nothing specific and will find something in vicinity to do, even though I threw ir right on the bench.

Last edited:

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I am up to 50 unique Pals caught. Pretty enjoyable to work on getting all 111.

• 1Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Are any of you playing multi and getting decent performance? Getting lots of rubberbanding with a couple different setups. Not sure if it needs raw single threaded performance or just good ping or what.