Palworld (Pokemon with Guns and Bukkake, minus the Bukkake)

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
We got a guy hosting a server for us and we have the same rubber banding, have tinkered extensively with no real improvement.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Any trick for sulfur? Google says, I should see rocks of it in starter dungeons, but I have yet to see any, in a dungeon or world.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Any trick for sulfur? Google says, I should see rocks of it in starter dungeons, but I have yet to see any, in a dungeon or world.
In desert areas but bring heat resistance armor those places aren't a joke.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Soon as i asked, found a single rock in a dungeon, got me 60 at least. Wish I would of been finding more of that in previous dungeons, so I would have a stockpile. Instead of having to find a desert.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Are any of you playing multi and getting decent performance? Getting lots of rubberbanding with a couple different setups. Not sure if it needs raw single threaded performance or just good ping or what.
Yeah, performance is fine. It's chaotic though and I kind of enjoy single player more (just a lot going on with multi).

This game just seems addicting and I don't know why. They also nailed the price point apparently. $40-50 and this wouldn't have sold nearly as well.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, $50 and I wouldn't have bought it.. but for $26? Bought 4 copies for everyone in my house. The kids played all weekend and are saying it might be the most fun game they've ever played. My wife and I put 3 solid hours in tight and had a great time.

I did set up a dedicated server and never saw any rubberbanding, but it's local and there was only 2 of us on there.

I'm trying to avoid spoilers and just experience things, but I was curious about the shinies people have mentioned. We did find a glowing fox that that was bigger than the others and says it's lucky, is that what you guys are talking about, or are their 2 different things (lucky and shiny)? Also, my kids were saying the dungeon bosses are bigger and better, so is the game just going to end up being "if you want the best cat Pal, farm this dungeon on repeat until you get the max stat one"?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Ore isn’t an issue if you just go to the church. There’s like 7 nodes that spawn quickly and you get 150bars worth of ore per clear.

150 bars isn't even a tiny dent in the ore you need in the mid-lategame.

Everyone has found the church, plus several more ore fields like it, and the shortage is still absurd.

It's 10 ore bars per pokeball craft currently to even have a chance to catch anything in my level range.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah catching 10 fucking 35+ Ragnahawks? Thats at least 200 ingots in attempts. Minimum. Probably 300. And thats just one pal type.

They need to cut ingot requirements by 50% or more.

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They have to have level 2 mining to auto get ores.

The video iirc gives 2. Tombat is easy to get, in the starter zone at night. The kingpen is a boss. ANother video I saw , if you go more north, there is two pets that do it also (digtoise and dumud, but these are level 19ish).

A change I would like to see, not requiring you to sit there and hold F to make something. Yes I know pals can do it, but sometimes they are busy or what not, or you want it right away. Should just be able to hit F and my character sits there and works and I can look at other monitor or such. Had to make a high grade medical supply and even with the occasional help just took forever.

Also make it easier to assign pals to tasks. Throwing them at the thing you want them to sit on can be real buggy sometimes. Half the time it just says nothing specific and will find something in vicinity to do, even though I threw ir right on the bench.
I just made a macro on my game pad to hold down the F button. Pretty much any keyboard, mouse, or game pad as that ability these days. It has helped tremendously.

I agree about assigning pals. Sometimes they do what's needed, other times it says non work is avail despite having an item I want crafted qued and throwing the same guys at it that helped me earlier.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I imagine that "dedicating" pals to a specific tasks and "transporting" items to specific chests are things they're working on, even if it's via a tech you have to unlock. That and pathing are my only real "gripes' with the game. The ore requirements get dumb, but when we're behind on ore, we just use that as the opportunity to go explore, collect effigies, etc. while our "ore" base goes to town. By the time we get back we usually have a couple hundred ingots ready.

This game is dumb fun. Insane how much Nintendo just fucking wastes the Pokemon IP. So much so that it took some random devs to finally fucking do something with it.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Yeah, $50 and I wouldn't have bought it.. but for $26? Bought 4 copies for everyone in my house. The kids played all weekend and are saying it might be the most fun game they've ever played. My wife and I put 3 solid hours in tight and had a great time.

I did set up a dedicated server and never saw any rubberbanding, but it's local and there was only 2 of us on there.

I'm trying to avoid spoilers and just experience things, but I was curious about the shinies people have mentioned. We did find a glowing fox that that was bigger than the others and says it's lucky, is that what you guys are talking about, or are their 2 different things (lucky and shiny)? Also, my kids were saying the dungeon bosses are bigger and better, so is the game just going to end up being "if you want the best cat Pal, farm this dungeon on repeat until you get the max stat one"?
Our interests align most games, sold it for me but my gaming time is cut to a 10th of what it was these days… can you casual this and get stuff done?

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Our interests align most games, sold it for me but my gaming time is cut to a 10th of what it was these days… can you casual this and get stuff done?
Yes, but you can also just change the settings if you want to accelerate things. Getting to end game tech is a bit grindy on account of the materials and maintenance for your bases and gear.

Caliane

does end game get grindy with the resource collecting? I think I would have said its actually pretty remarkably good with valuing my time with crafting. The game understands automation.
sure you could sit there for 20min crafting... or, you employ some handicraft pals and let THEM do it.
yet another aspect of those survival base builders I've been asking for since forever. we place blueprint, and our colonists/pals actually go build it.

yes, "lucky" in game is what we've call shinies. shiney is a term from pokemon. but they do also shine, and glow, and emit a noise in this.
Lucky pals all have a special mod. boss pals, have an extra non-base type skill. like a water type might have a fire skill. Both are extra large, and keep that size when captured.

Caliane

Yeah catching 10 fucking 35+ Ragnahawks? Thats at least 200 ingots in attempts. Minimum. Probably 300. And thats just one pal type.

possibly. I do have some issues with capturing pals some times. its very frustrating for your pals to keep one shotting everything. or, trying to get high level pals.. need to get them to like 100hp exactly. This system needs refinement for sure.

capture chance. And yeah this. more expensive balls don't seem to make THAT much of a difference. there is Back attacking with balls increases chance. Status effects increase chance. poison, fire, shock, frozen. individually not much though.. other stuns also seem to increase chance.
I wonder if each type has a debuff? thats dark, fire, elec, ice. I've seen them get wet. does wet, increase chance of shocked? does grass or earth have a debuff?
torch, shock baton, fire/poison bows.

traps. I've not made use of these yet and seen how they preform.

lifmuck effigies. these upgrade the players capture power.

I just wonder if we've not fully engaged the mechanics for capturing completely.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
150 bars isn't even a tiny dent in the ore you need in the mid-lategame.

Everyone has found the church, plus several more ore fields like it, and the shortage is still absurd.

It's 10 ore bars per pokeball craft currently to even have a chance to catch anything in my level range.

I'm level 44 and I'm not having any of the issues you are describing. My second base is build at another ore node and my pals just mine non stop.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Are y’all using shock baton to stun then capture? Makes catching easier

• 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist

Have you farmed a ton of those green statues and used them at the altar to improve your catch rate?

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Playing this on GamePass and my game is stuck... everytime I load in I get a crash :( I am hopeful that whenever the Steam version clears QA at Microsoft that it will unfuck the save.

I gotta say that I am enjoying myself and I typically despise 'survival' type games AND 'monster hunter' type games. (which is itself insane since I love Horizon ZD/FW and that's a 'monster hunter' where the monsters are robots..)